I miss my Q10 FM radio after migrating to the Priv. I like listening to the local sports talk shows when I'm out jogging. I am curious if anyone uses a radio app and the critical question is are they data hogs?

The NextRadio app doesn't support the Priv and I have no idea if the Priv even has a FM radio like the Q10.

If there is a radio app that will allow me to listen to my local FM radio stations I would appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-16-15 01:06 PM
    TuneIn Radio has a lot of radio stations. As far as data hogging goes, it would depend primarily on how good the stream is. If you listen to a 128kbps stream for an hour, you would consume roughly 50mb of data. 30 days of such listening would put you at about 1.5GB consumed.

And that's not accounting for ads that may be displayed on your screen (if you use a free app.)
    11-16-15 01:17 PM
    Thanks for the info...I will check out that app while I'm on WiFi to confirm I can receive my local FM radio stations.

The data use doesn't appear to be an issue based on my current average use over the past year. It will be interesting though to see how the Priv does in comparison to my Q10.

I will be monitoring my data usage during my first month of use for sure.

Bob

11-16-15 01:29 PM
    I still recommend Live365 highly, has a free version and a paid version which gives you way more stations (at around $70 per year).
    I fall back to using the deluxe app made for BlackBerry 7, but you know the android version might work a lot better on your android than it does on BlackBerry 10. On BB10 it does work and is nice looking, its just 1000% better on BB7.
    11-20-15 08:46 AM
    I've been using TuneIn Radio this week and it's working out well. I can listen to the local sports talk gurus while out jogging. I'm also using MeeRunPro the Android version of CascaRunPro. The data usage is very acceptable during my run of around an hour. Less than the 50 Mbs that was mentioned by the poster who recommended TuneIn Radio.

Bob

11-20-15 10:07 AM