Oh lord it's this camera. Smh. I'm coming from a Galaxy s6 edge (best smart phone camera ever). I've had quite a few BlackBerry devices so I know what to expect. However, idk how you all are getting these amazing images on the other thread.
    11-20-15 06:34 PM
    Well coming from the second best Smartphone camera ever ( :P ) you're likely to be disappointed with most offerings.
    At least it's better then the Bold 9900 camera
    An Etch a Sketch is better then the Bold 9900's camera!
    tanzarian likes this.
    11-20-15 06:49 PM
    'BlackBerry' and 'great camera' are two terms that have never been used together in one sentence expect with a "does not have".
    11-20-15 07:41 PM
    I heard Canon is coming out with a camera with an antenna that might pick up cell service LOL. Get a CAMERA!
    light_barer and andy957 like this.
    11-20-15 08:25 PM
    I heard Canon is coming out with a camera with an antenna that might pick up cell service LOL. Get a CAMERA!
    ^^^ this^^^

The only way to be truly productive is to have a BB10 device for work, another smart phone for apps, a camera for pictures, and a good radio for music. Oh yeah, and for cargo pants to come back in style to carry it all. ;-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Trisk333; 11-20-15 at 08:55 PM.
    dannykavs, FF22 and andy957 like this.
    11-20-15 08:31 PM
    Oh lord it's this camera. Smh. I'm coming from a Galaxy s6 edge (best smart phone camera ever). I've had quite a few BlackBerry devices so I know what to expect. However, idk how you all are getting these amazing images on the other thread.
    Can't you just BUY one of those professional camera's instead?
    Its just a cell phone.
    I don't think you are a professional photographer.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    11-20-15 09:01 PM
    Its just a cell phone.
    Someone doesn't have to be a professional photographer to find a decent shooter to be handy for an ad hoc moment for their kids or whatever. It's not unreasonable to expect a decent one on an $800 phone these days.

Different things are important to different people in a smart phone these days and options are what make android a great platform. Personally, I'm giving up my better camera on my s6 because I'm all about that PKB :-)

Last edited by Trisk333; 11-20-15 at 09:23 PM.
    11-20-15 09:13 PM
    Get the app "a better camera" it's not the actual camera, it's the software.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-20-15 09:22 PM
    Its just a cell phone.
    Why get a car when you can have a bicycle

I'm not a professional photographer, but having good photos of events in my life has become important to me and thats the reason camera quality is now one of the top contributing factors in picking my smartphone.

Everyone has different needs and the Priv doesnt fit everynes. That was always going to be the case, and its no different for any other smartphone
    11-20-15 09:24 PM
    Just because someone isn't a professional photographer, it doesn't mean it wouldn't be handy to have a decent shooter on hand for an ad hoc moment for their kids or whatever. It's not unreasonable to expect a decent one on an $800 phone these days.
    And the Priv camera is MORE than decent.

What people are complaining about is that "there exists in the world a different device with what I perceive to be a better camera; it's not a better device, though, so I want the Priv, BUT I declare that the Priv's camera is by comparison nothing more than a piece of junk, not at all useful because it is not the other camera, therefore the only conclusion must be that the entire Priv is a piece of junk".

Spoiled brats don't want to talk about compromises, or ranking what they want in life and deciding to give some things up so that they can have other things. Spoiled brats want everything, or else they're going to fall to the floor and throw a screaming tantrum because they don't think they should ever have to compromise on anything. They think they are entitled to everything, simply by dint of being alive.
    Trisk333 likes this.
    11-20-15 09:24 PM

The software lets the camera down massively, but it's still an above average camera.
    And it doesnt fix the poor front camera!
    11-20-15 09:25 PM
    Why get a car when you can have a bicycle

I'm not a professional photographer, but having good photos of events in my life has become important to me and thats the reason camera quality is now one of the top contributing factors in picking my smartphone.
    Are you actually evaluating camera quality, or are you simply comparing specifications?

Are you actually evaluating camera quality in relation to the quality of the other items on the phone, or are you happy to have a $600 camera on a $100 phone?

Are you willing to give up anything on the camera whatsoever?
    11-20-15 09:26 PM
    And the Priv camera is MORE than decent.

What people are complaining about is that "there exists in the world a different device with what I perceive to be a better camera; it's not a better device, though, so I want the Priv, BUT I declare that the Priv's camera is by comparison nothing more than a piece of junk, not at all useful because it is not the other camera, therefore the only conclusion must be that the entire Priv is a piece of junk".

Spoiled brats don't want to talk about compromises, or ranking what they want in life and deciding to give some things up so that they can have other things. Spoiled brats want everything, or else they're going to fall to the floor and throw a screaming tantrum because they don't think they should ever have to compromise on anything. They think they are entitled to everything, simply by dint of being alive.
    The priv camera is decent, but its hardly one of the best ones out there. By saying its not up to scratch doesnt mean its junk. Everyone has different standards, and the Priv camera will meet some and fail some. I'm sure everyone knows this
    11-20-15 09:27 PM

That's a great idea actually. Still hope to see them up their own software game in this dept though.

11-20-15 09:28 PM
    The software lets the camera down massively, but it's still an above average camera.
    And it doesnt fix the poor front camera!
    I think if folks didn't know it was a 2 mp camera they wouldn't complain so much. It doesn't do a bad job for its purpose. Take selfies. Maybe more detail with a better camera would be even worse for some of you.

FF22, tanzarian and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-20-15 09:32 PM
    The OS?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 09:35 PM
    Are you actually evaluating camera quality, or are you simply comparing specifications?

Are you actually evaluating camera quality in relation to the quality of the other items on the phone, or are you happy to have a $600 camera on a $100 phone?

Are you willing to give up anything on the camera whatsoever?
    I compare camera quality. I have the G4 right now, and before i picked it i looked at a ton of camera comparison articles. Originally i was going to get the HTC One M9, but the camera ended up being disappointing on that. Really disappointing.
    After looking at a lot of comparisons It was between the S6 and the G4. The G4 took better low light photos but was bigger then I wanted. But it had expandable memory which is another huge need for me. The software on the G4 got solid reviews but being Android most of it can be customised and software changes anyway.

I was interested in the Priv as i wanted to return to Blackberry and i love the slide form factor. But unfortunately its not just the camera that doesnt meet my required needs.

In answer to your question i would give up a smartphone with the best camera if i get a better balance elsewhere. So like the S6 i would give up what was seen as the best camera, but no expandable memory for the second best camera with expandable memory. I also pay close attention to speaker quality (the Priv one is by all accounts poor) and the ability to retain signal. Battery used to be a major factor, but after using a Z10 and Moto X i have become used to carrying powerpacks on days out.
    11-20-15 09:44 PM
    I think if folks didn't know it was a 2 mp camera they wouldn't complain so much. It doesn't do a bad job for its purpose. Take selfies. Maybe more detail with a better camera would be even worse for some of you.

TBH you can always take selfies with the rear camera anyway. But that 2MP is big let down in video calls and a lot of businesses makes more use of those these days
    11-20-15 09:45 PM
    Its just a cell phone.
    If you look at pocket camera sales over the last few years, you'll realize that mobile phones have largely replaced those for most people. So yes, the camera IS important.

As a side-note: the S6 really does have one heck of a shooter. I also had one for a short time, but unfortunately, the lousy reception killed it for me
    11-20-15 10:36 PM
    I compare camera quality. I have the G4 right now, and before i picked it i looked at a ton of camera comparison articles. Originally i was going to get the HTC One M9, but the camera ended up being disappointing on that. Really disappointing.
    After looking at a lot of comparisons It was between the S6 and the G4. The G4 took better low light photos but was bigger then I wanted. But it had expandable memory which is another huge need for me. The software on the G4 got solid reviews but being Android most of it can be customised and software changes anyway.

I was interested in the Priv as i wanted to return to Blackberry and i love the slide form factor. But unfortunately its not just the camera that doesnt meet my required needs.

In answer to your question i would give up a smartphone with the best camera if i get a better balance elsewhere. So like the S6 i would give up what was seen as the best camera, but no expandable memory for the second best camera with expandable memory. I also pay close attention to speaker quality (the Priv one is by all accounts poor) and the ability to retain signal. Battery used to be a major factor, but after using a Z10 and Moto X i have become used to carrying powerpacks on days out.
    Get a Nexus 6P - meets all your requirements. Very good camera, long battery life, excellent performance, very good speakers, excellent reception.
    11-20-15 10:37 PM
    Get a Nexus 6P - meets all your requirements. Very good camera, long battery life, excellent performance, very good speakers, excellent reception.
    haha but far too big for my liking, and the camera doesnt match the G4. Also no expandable memory :P

Good phone though. I did consider the 5x
    11-20-15 10:39 PM
    After looking at a lot of comparisons It was between the S6 and the G4.
    So you're looking at what other people say about it, and you're not evaluating these yourself.

Got it.

Would you do this:

DxO ONE | Professional Quality Connected Camera for iPhone | www.dxo.com

?
    11-21-15 06:26 AM
    The priv camera is decent, but its hardly one of the best ones out there. By saying its not up to scratch doesnt mean its junk. Everyone has different standards, and the Priv camera will meet some and fail some. I'm sure everyone knows this
    But people are dismissing entire phones based solely on the camera, which is insane. ALL cameras nowadays take decent pictures; what I'm seeing is people who are not professional photogs, acting like they are--based to a large (or exclusive!) degree on what internet articles tell them to think, and not personal experience or knowledge on the subject.
    tanzarian likes this.
    11-21-15 06:28 AM
    ... Android

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 06:37 AM
    ....what I'm seeing is people who are not professional photogs, acting like they are--based to a large (or exclusive!) degree on what internet articles tell them to think, and not personal experience or knowledge on the subject.
    Since I'm not a professional photographer or even an amateur one, I definitely look towards reviews to tell me what the better cameras are on smart phones. I wouldn't know what to look for in a good photo. Just look at all the threads where people post examples of what they thought were good photos they took. Even I can tell that some of them are technically terrible.
    11-21-15 06:42 AM
52 123