08-15-17 03:24 AM
    I like my PRIV very much and not planning change it to k1. to be honest its the best device on android I have seen for work.
    08-15-17 04:11 AM
    I was really looking hard into switching from Priv to keyone but after I did the little trick with resolution I no more have desire to get keyone. at 1080p my priv does not get hot and it runs faster and smoother
    08-15-17 04:31 AM
    I have to agree with you on this one. The hardware quality is day and night, maybe because blackberry actually manufactured the priv. I wish it had keyone’s camera though.
    08-15-17 04:37 AM
    I don't think the Priv camera is bad. It may need some more software tweeking. It may not have all the latest bells and whistles, but it was the best camera ever on a BlackBerry at the time of its release.
    08-15-17 06:37 AM
    I'll give you battery, but to my eye the PRIV handled details and colors better than KEYone.
    you gave me battery and I'll give you hot Priv!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-16-17 11:28 AM
    you gave me battery and I'll give you hot Priv!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    No doubt
    08-16-17 11:49 AM
    My only big issue with the Priv is the over heating which inevitable is caused by the studders / processor freezes. Otherwise it's a great phone.

It's bad enough that I can't recommend the Priv to anyone.
    Huh, my Priv doesn't "studder/freeze."
    08-16-17 12:14 PM
    I prefer priv as well but i have to disable most of blackberry software because it lags too much. That makes big difference.
    I have all the Blackberry software enabled. I did disable pretty much all of the Google software though, I got a nice performance increase then. My Priv doesn't lag. I have background disabled for most apps, only allowing it for apps that truly need it. I get a full day out of my battery, 12+hours and generally 4 hours of screen time. I do believe the KeyOne will beat that though, not saying it won't. I am saying, I prefer the Priv for its form factor, screen size, and for the slide out keyboard. I think the KeyOne is nice as well, but I prefer the Priv.
    newcollector likes this.
    08-16-17 12:19 PM
    And with the Priv... you won't get 7 hours of screen time (34 total hours) in a single charge like I can get with my K1.

I miss those days... going to a public event... having my Priv tethered to an external battery source in my pocket.
    I stiil prefer the Priv, but only get 4 hours of screen time. Overall I get 12+ hours out of the battery on most days. I'm happy with that given the advantages the Priv offers me for my own personal needs. The KeyOne definitely has better battery life though. I do wonder how much of that is due to the OS.
    08-16-17 12:22 PM
    OS has something to do with it. So does not having an 808 processor in the KEYone. Also not having qhd makes a difference since the screen is smaller.
    08-16-17 01:23 PM
    I have a Priv and have never experienced a "burning phone." It may get a little warm after a boot up or an update, but burning...no way. And the warmth quickly fades. I've read about this in so many threads and it puzzles me because, being a Priv owner, I've never experienced the "fry an egg on it" thing.

I'm starting to think that it's how you use the phone.

I like the Priv very much. I'm having an excellent experience with it. If the KEYone Limited Edition becomes available in the States, I'm going to get one. But if not, I have a good phone in the Priv.
    08-17-17 06:09 AM
    I don't think the Priv camera is bad. It may need some more software tweeking. It may not have all the latest bells and whistles, but it was the best camera ever on a BlackBerry at the time of its release.
    Very true.
    s40638 likes this.
    08-17-17 06:12 AM
    Nope my priv was a nightmare from the start. The KEYone feels like a real BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-17 08:39 PM
64 123