Anyone else? Don't get me wrong the keyone is nice and the keyboard and battery life is better but overall performance wise, photo wise, the PRIV feels more premium to me at half the cost.

I had both side by side for a day....so yes I did actually use a keyone
    myloch likes this.
    06-17-17 05:40 PM
    It just comes down to preference in my opinion. Some people are content with their Priv at the moment and will wait for a significant price drop before they make the jump (or wait for better built versions.)

Some just want the latest and greatest and just want access to the keyboard without worrying about a slider. Not to mention the latest version of Android that may not be coming to the Priv. So again, it's whatever floats your boat. I like them both but I'm good with the Priv for now.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    06-17-17 05:46 PM
    I would love to get my fiancée a KEYone, but for me personally, I love the slider form factor. She's on a Q10 now. She said the Passport was too wide. The KEYone is the logical upgrade for her, but she's thinking about a Priv too, because she had an All-Touch before the Q10 so she's torn between wanting an All-Touch and wanting a Qwerty.....solution.....Priv. So that's what she's leaning toward (but I would like to get her a KEYone so I can technically have both. I have owned every BlackBerry flagship since the Bold 2.)
    jfalkingham likes this.
    06-17-17 05:56 PM
    It's all personal. Use what you like best.
    06-17-17 06:00 PM
    I can't get used to having to "push" physical keys. ibtry but it's much more work than on the glass in my opinion. where is the new Verizon slab?
    06-18-17 05:07 AM
    Anyone else? Don't get me wrong the keyone is nice and the keyboard and battery life is better but overall performance wise, photo wise, the PRIV feels more premium to me at half the cost.

I had both side by side for a day....so yes I did actually use a keyone
    -KeyOne build quality feels more premium IMO, feels more solid, well put together
    -Most people prefer Keyone keyboard because it has more feedback. I like the feel of Keyone PKB, but when used, I don't think it's any better to type than the priv.
    -Keyone Screen not only is smaller, it's also LCD, wich isn't as vibrant and doesn't have those rich blacks the the OLED in the priv has.
    -The key-One might not be mroe powerfull, but it's software build is WAY better than the priv, so the phone actually is much faster.
    -Keyone has better battery life.

With PRIV you won't get any updates. well, you might not get with Key-One either judging by the awefull CRM going at Blackberry.
    Xeak likes this.
    06-18-17 06:27 PM
    I can't get used to having to "push" physical keys. ibtry but it's much more work than on the glass in my opinion. where is the new Verizon slab?
    I find the oposite. I find that typing on glass, my eyes are "slaves of the screen". With PKB I can text without even looking at the phone.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-18-17 06:28 PM
    I love them both very much. Totally unique and very useful.

For me, I do prefer the KEYone for how I use smartphones, but can understand the appeal of the PRIV for multimedia. That's why I carry both most of the time.

I could see a PRIV follow up slider with this KEYone keyboard, USB Type C, Nougat or Oreo, 4GB or 5GB of RAM, and the latest chip set being a really big success.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    06-18-17 06:51 PM
    Been on my Priv for nine months now. Been highly tempted to get the Key One but cannot justify the price at this time, especially since I got the Priv back in September 2016 for just $350. When the Key One drops to $400, I'll probably get it, but I'm keeping the Priv nonetheless. The bigger screen and AMOLED display will always serve me better for multimedia use.
    06-29-17 09:42 AM
    No the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is much snappier, battery life is longer and overall experience is better. I ran the PRIV since release on Verizon and I was charging at least once mid day and sometimes twice if I was headed out for the night.

To me there is no comparison, I watch YouTube and have no problem on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Yes the screen is smaller but no biggie seeing as I can cast to a big screen pretty much anywhere these days.
    06-29-17 09:46 AM
    No the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is much snappier, battery life is longer and overall experience is better. I ran the PRIV since release on Verizon and I was charging at least once mid day and sometimes twice if I was headed out for the night.

To me there is no comparison, I watch YouTube and have no problem on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Yes the screen is smaller but no biggie seeing as I can cast to a big screen pretty much anywhere these days.
    Gee, I have to really try hard to get my battery to 50% before I put it on wireless charge at 10pm after a being taken off at 5:30am.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    06-29-17 12:30 PM
    Gee, I have to really try hard to get my battery to 50% before I put it on wireless charge at 10pm after a being taken off at 5:30am.
    I would consider myself a very heavy user and I use the hub like crazy which I've heard affects battery life and resources on the device. With the KEYᵒⁿᵉ when I take it off the charger at 6am I'm always good until midnight if I end up that late.
    jfalkingham and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-30-17 06:55 AM
    No question the battery is in beast mode for the KEYone!
    06-30-17 07:31 AM
    To be clear, my usage above is for the Priv. No problem with battery life. Certainly wouldn't be the reason to prompt me to switch.
    06-30-17 08:08 AM
    The key-One might not be more powerfull, but its software build is WAY better than the priv, so the phone actually is much faster.
    No the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is much snappier, battery life is longer and overall experience is better.
    Sorry men but I find it hard to believe a snapdragon 625 phone is faster than a 808 one, unless Priv's Android was highly unoptimized and/or KeyONE's Nougat does miracles.

No the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is much snappier, battery life is longer and overall experience is better.

To me there is no comparison, I watch YouTube and have no problem on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    I bought it recently but I never had any lag with hires YT videos or anything else in my Priv, are you sure it's not a cache problem or similar? I don't know about triple A cell phone games but that is not my priority. I only agree about battery life, Priv's is crap but thanks god marshmallow upgrade made things a lil' better.
    06-30-17 11:09 AM
    I like both devices. I love the AMOLED display and the larger screen on the Priv (my eyes have been really betraying me this last year). And I also like the luxury of having a hidden physical keyboard when I need it. But the KeyOne (mine, anyway) feels sturdier, the keyboard more comfortable and the battery life is phenomenal.

I'm really having a hard time saying which I like more. But as time goes on, I am leaning towards the KeyOne. That doesn't mean, of course, that your opinion is wrong. But for my needs and uses, I think it better fits the bill.

But my Priv will always have a special place in my heart. It's very classy looking and has turned more heads than any phone I have ever owned.
    tazcubed and jyoule2017 like this.
    06-30-17 11:16 AM
    Sorry men but I find it hard to believe a snapdragon 625 phone is faster than a 808 one, unless Priv's Android was highly unoptimized and/or KeyONE's Nougat does miracles.
    I don't know what it was but I used the PRIV since release on Verizon and have had the KEYᵒⁿᵉ since the CDMA released through Best Buy and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is definitely quicker in and out of menus, the hub, loading apps, everything. I understand the processor is bigger on the PRIV but that doesn't seem to matter in my experience.
    06-30-17 12:50 PM

I bought it recently but I never had any lag with hires YT videos or anything else in my Priv, are you sure it's not a cache problem or similar? I don't know about triple A cell phone games but that is not my priority. I only agree about battery life, Priv's is crap but thanks god marshmallow upgrade made things a lil' better.
    Sorry mate but you're not so correct. I think you might think different based on what this video shows tho.

See here:
    Last edited by naijab0y; 06-30-17 at 05:07 PM.
    tnewton3 and ce71 like this.
    06-30-17 12:57 PM
    I call it better built Os and optimization

Sd625 does better for multitasking, Sd808 has more horsepower for multimedia, games and single threaded processes. This might explain what you keyone users are claiming, the keyone being snappier.

Don't forget PRIV handle everything in 2K, KEYone in 1080P ish. GPU is better on PRIV, CPU on KEYone. The biggest difference is resolution - this aspect affect difference between devices. 
    06-30-17 05:25 PM
    I call it better built Os and optimization

Sd625 does better for multitasking, Sd808 has more horsepower for multimedia, games and single threaded processes. This might explain what you keyone users are claiming, the keyone being snappier.

Don't forget PRIV handle everything in 2K, KEYone in 1080P ish. GPU is better on PRIV, CPU on KEYone. The biggest difference is resolution - this aspect affect difference between devices. 
    That's all techy jargon. Bottom line is the KEYᴼᴺᴱ performs better than the Priv, feels more premium and battery is way better. It's an all round better phone.

Specs mean nothing if the end user experience is still lacking.
    07-01-17 01:43 AM
    I disagree: technicalities are important: speed and responsiveness are one part of the cake, performance is another: it depends on the app and what you do, again, Priv got better gpu and this helps a lot with everything multimedia-related like videos and games, for the dummies: better framerate at same resolution.

About the premium feel, it's just a matter of personal taste, don't mention that like it's carved on stone: I think the Priv has a way better design and it feels more "premium". I clearly understood you are all mad for keyone here in this forum LOL, but no problems at all here, my phone is fast and all, no lacking experience here. Sorry if you didn't feel good vibrations for Priv.

So yeah, I agree with the topic creator, I prefer the Priv: slider form factor, better monitor, better gpu, better camera, better design and some other less important things...
    Last edited by myloch; 07-01-17 at 10:20 AM.
    07-01-17 02:54 AM
    My only big issue with the Priv is the over heating which inevitable is caused by the studders / processor freezes. Otherwise it's a great phone.

It's bad enough that I can't recommend the Priv to anyone.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-01-17 11:57 AM
    I disagree: technicalities are important: speed and responsiveness are one part of the cake, performance is another: it depends on the app and what you do, again, Priv got better gpu and this helps a lot with everything multimedia-related like videos and games, for the dummies: better framerate at same resolution.

About the premium feel, it's just a matter of personal taste, don't mention that like it's carved on stone: I think the Priv has a way better design and it feels more "premium". I clearly understood you are all mad for keyone here in this forum LOL, but no problems at all here, my phone is fast and all, no lacking experience here. Sorry if you didn't feel good vibrations for Priv.

So yeah, I agree with the topic creator, I prefer the Priv: slider form factor, better monitor, better gpu, better camera, better design and some other less important things...
    So for you, speed and responsiveness are not the same thing as performance? I disagree. Performance IS speed and responsiveness... and the K1 is faster. I think nit-picking on the GPU as an advantage for the Priv is weak sauce. Arbitrarily throwing out the word "framerate" , as if it even matters, doesn't convince me to return to my Priv either. Whatever difference the framerate may be, I would bet it's hardly noticeable to the naked eye. Besides, if I want to enjoy a lengthy video, I'll defer to my 65-in LG OLED... not a phone. I highly doubt people bought the K1 because they mistook for a entertainment device anyway.

So... I'll give you your framerate without you providing any real comparison data... you can have it. But, how's your Priv's framerate going to be after 5 hours of screen time? Hope you have a charger nearby... and some oven mits to hold that burning phone.
    07-01-17 12:17 PM
    im interested in the keyone simply for the battery. I do enjoy my priv pkb though. I use them about equally between the two. I've gotten comfortable enough with a pkb since having my priv that I'd have no issues with keyone. what I'd like to see Is a priv 2 that has a great battery and a bit smaller. I think I prefer the option of keyboards.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-01-17 12:21 PM

KeyOne is A LOT faster than the priv despite being no more powerfull. PRIV just has a CRAP Android buildm and blackberyr doesnt update it. go watch speed test comparison between 2

Priv's crappy build is nothing new, it has been reported since early reviews to even later ones. the build sucks, that's it, it's not a myth.
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 07-01-17 at 01:32 PM.
    ce71 likes this.
    07-01-17 01:16 PM
64 123