The phones, (STV100-1) are the same, if it is mainly the AT&T devices, it would be something(s) in their bloatware. Which wouldn't surprise me a bit.

there is absolutely 100% a difference in the 2 phones. I had them within 2 days of each other. there is something wrong with the AT&T versions. something is different. it's not a wonder AT&T is fire saling them. they're bad bad

I wasn't aware that most or all of the problem phones are ATT. If this is true then that could certainly explain it. We are thrilled with our factory unlocked's.
    That's because most people don't bother to include that kind of information.
    05-15-16 08:46 AM
    I have an ATT Priv and I can't say that I'm having any of the heat or lag issues since the initial round of app updates. I only ever notice lag in certain apps specifically Snapchat and Starbucks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-15-16 09:45 AM
    I love my BlackBerry Priv. I'm not here to bash it. I've spent the last 2 and half days going back and forth with BlackBerry Priv Customer support trying to figure out what's wrong with my Priv. They had me factory reset my phone. Wait a day to load my apps back on it. So I did as instructed and while using the browser version of the apps I use the phone heated up. One of the last steps they asked me to do was take a screen shot of the phone's battery screen in settings at 100%, 50%, and 20%. Then I sent them a bug report as they asked. I now am waiting for a call back to see what they suggest I do. Heck, as I'm typing this my phone is getting warm to the touch.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for the BlackBerry Priv
    On Marshmallow? And downloading apps from Google PlayStore? Many complain of lag but this seems a heat only issue?

Posted via my Priv
    05-15-16 10:02 AM
    Yes, on Marshmallow. I had heating issues and lag before the Marshmallow update. I figured I'd wait till the update to see how things worked out. The lag isn't there now but the heating issue has remained. I hope the bug report that I sent to them helps the BlackBerry Priv techs find the issue. Perhaps even send out a fix if it's a software issue in the next monthly OTA update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for the BlackBerry Priv
    05-15-16 11:02 AM
    I was one to complain at first but my phone doesn't really ever get hot. It did a little for the first week or so but never gets hot not even really warm.

As for battery life it's not a Z30 but I'm getting through the day no problem.

If your phone is getting hot 🔥 maybe my Verizon version just better than yours. Maybe that's why Verizon is holding out on Marshmallow for us and if that's the reason thanks big red.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-15-16 11:26 AM
    so I ordered the ATT variant to use on tmo due to the low price. but like so many others reported the phone lagged, heated up, and drained the battery in 4 or 5 hours. all of this no matter what I did. So I returned it to amazon and ordered a new one. same ATT price point around $440. to my surprise however what arrived was not an ATT version it was an unlocked no carrier version. here is the thing though... MM was immediately available so I upgraded. what I now see is a buttery smooth experience. no lag. no heating. no battery drain.

my opinion now is there is something wrong with the ATT variants and that is why so many people are seeing different results. I have zero clue why I got the non ATT version. accidental perhaps?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Has nothing to do with the issues, but a good guess. Build quality has been all over the place, some perfect others not.....either way enjoy.
    05-15-16 01:59 PM
31 12