So after reading many, many posts, both positive and negative, but mostly negative, I have decided that I need to try out the Priv for myself. It seems to me that most of the negativity comes from BB10 users, and Android users seem to be overall pretty happy. I have been predominately an Android user for the last 4 years, with about two weeks with the Passport just because I wanted to try it out.

What I'll be looking for are major battery drain issues, or other hardware issues that can't be fixed with firmware or software updates specifically. Since B&H Photo is currently offering an extended returns period, I have until 2/1/2016 to determine if any of the software problems I have read about are fixed with patches and updates.

Let's face it, Blackberry was never going to make 100% of the people happy. One thing they did for sure was get people talking. I haven't heard much about Blackberry in the last few years, and finally something they did is making a splash. I hope this means good things for the company, and that they can continue to expand upon their product line.
    11-11-15 11:45 AM
    Congrats!
    11-11-15 11:45 AM
    Spoken like a scholar... there's nothing like trying something for yourself.

I hope you return after a few days (of using it) with some impressions.

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    11-11-15 11:48 AM
    I have a habit of changing phones quite frequently (Swappa is my best friend) and have been looking for something different. I just hope this is it. B&H isn't supposed to start shipping until the 20th, so I have a little wait ahead of me, but it was worth it as AT&T is selling it for $740 plus tax, and Shop BB would charge me tax in CA.

Also want to add that my wife (an iPhone user) is thinking of switching too. She has been longing for a PKB for a while now. I got her a Moto X to try for a couple weeks to see if she likes Android first, as I think the jump from iOS to Android is the biggest hurdle.
    11-11-15 12:00 PM
    I may follow you shortly.

I've come close a few times but never hit the compete order button.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    11-11-15 12:25 PM

If you can wait, and aren't in New York B&H is the best place to order the unlocked version.
    11-11-15 12:27 PM
    Like Nike, "Just do it..." swoosh

11-11-15 12:38 PM
    So after reading many, many posts, both positive and negative, but mostly negative, I have decided that I need to try out the Priv for myself. It seems to me that most of the negativity comes from BB10 users, and Android users seem to be overall pretty happy. I have been predominately an Android user for the last 4 years, with about two weeks with the Passport just because I wanted to try it out.

What I'll be looking for are major battery drain issues, or other hardware issues that can't be fixed with firmware or software updates specifically. Since B&H Photo is currently offering an extended returns period, I have until 2/1/2016 to determine if any of the software problems I have read about are fixed with patches and updates.

Let's face it, Blackberry was never going to make 100% of the people happy. One thing they did for sure was get people talking. I haven't heard much about Blackberry in the last few years, and finally something they did is making a splash. I hope this means good things for the company, and that they can continue to expand upon their product line.
    Nice! Congrats and enjoy it!

I am super tempted, but can't justify leaving my Note 4 for it.
    11-11-15 12:39 PM
    You will love it. Fantastic device.

Agree that many bb10 users are frustrated by the switch to android, but is is bringing a world of new and former BlackBerry users to the table.

I love bb10 and the passport, which I carry daily, but they doesn't take away from this device, or the brilliant move to merge the best of bb10 with android.

Enjoy it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 11:31 PM
    Android users will mostly love it because it is a polished version of what they already know.

BB10 users will most hate it because it is technically a downgrade for them. They will be "upgrading" to an archaic OS with an inferior interface, BlackBerry has basically tried to appease it's core users by creating a shell of its experience, like trying to cram a Ferrari engine into a Pinto chassis. Also known as "turd-polishing."

Ideally BlackBerry's goal would be to migrate Android's users (or even rewrite the Android kernal into the BB10/BB11 framework, yeah right). A lot of Android's interface is similar to how BB10's already works except Android is horribly clunky and disorganized. The users only THINK they have an awesome level of customization because they don't know anything different. They don't know that they don't know!

Who ever said people knew what was good for them.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:51 PM
    Also want to add that my wife (an iPhone user) is thinking of switching too. She has been longing for a PKB for a while now.
    Just be sure she uses the pkb for a few weeks. As some have stated, initially it may seem awkward because it's a new and different form factor. And some quit after just a few days, or hours, even minutes. But after about a week or two, suddenly you never want to press on glass buttons ever again
    11-11-15 11:55 PM
    I ordered it a week ago and today I finally got to try one. I do not regret order one having played with one now. No idea why some people complain about the pkb. Feels grippy. The sliding mechanism is very satisfying both opening and closing. Metal is used for the silver trim which some people mistakenly assumed it was plastic which makes me skeptical about their credibility. I have no need to talk about android as I am 100% familiar with it. I've been using stock android for a long time so anything on top that is useful is just a big bonus given it does not slow down the device.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-12-15 12:04 AM
    Only the negative users will bother to make the effort to post. I highly recommend it.

DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-12-15 12:35 AM
    After some more thought I'm going to wait a little longer to buy.

I was about to buy one today (local store had 1 in stock) but I just came to the conclusion I didn't need to make a decision now. I can wait. I'm going to keep playing with these phones though until I'm 100% sure. I love how Blackberry 10 functions so much and I'm just not ready.

Pretty confident I'll get one eventually though.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-15-15 06:58 PM
    You will love it! Just give it a couple days to settle in and tweak your settings! It's an amazing phone...I had a classic and an iPhone 6 and I would without a doubt take the Priv!

11-15-15 07:08 PM