I use both. The vkb on the Priv is great. I love the feel of the pkb. Just remember to slide up the screen and start typing. It will take you a while to get used to it since you have been a vkb guy.
    06-26-17 06:31 PM
    I've always been an oldschool user fond of phisical keyboards, and desperate because it's hella hard to find that feature nowadays: I waited for years for price to lower properly but now I finally got a frickin' Priv phone! It's not perfect but very good overall, especially the monitor and real keyboard, cpu overheats like a bbq in some situations but I'm in love ❤️
    FF22 likes this.
    06-28-17 09:17 AM
    I've always been an oldschool user fond of phisical keyboards, and desperate because it's hella hard to find that feature nowadays: I waited for years for price to lower properly but now I finally got a frickin' Priv phone! It's not perfect but very good overall, especially the monitor and real keyboard, cpu overheats like a bbq in some situations but I'm in love ❤️
    This was exactly my situation, if my birthday hadn't been in February i don't know what i would have done because i couldn't continue with my iPhone and i needed it for Instagram and some other social media interactions. I find that it over heats when updating the apps or OS/security software, and sometimes if the app is not built properly it might over heat, like an app that is not very popular so it doesn't get the best development. I think its worth the occasional over heating to be able to use such an amazing phone, also, my iPhone 6 over heated a lot so i really don't get the huge issue with the Priv over heating, i think it's just another reason to hate on blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-28-17 09:26 AM
    My Priv overheated and lagged all because of Facebook. So someone steered me to Friendly for Facebook and none of that bad stuff happens.

It is crazy what will cause some issues on one phone but not on another. I have been loving this form factor for over a year, but then I also loved both Torch sliders.
    06-28-17 03:30 PM
    My Priv overheated and lagged all because of Facebook. So someone steered me to Friendly for Facebook and none of that bad stuff happens.

It is crazy what will cause some issues on one phone but not on another. I have been loving this form factor for over a year, but then I also loved both Torch sliders.
    My Priv worked fine with facebook and the facebook messenger app but after reading this i wanted to see if it would make it even faster, so what i did was i downloaded the APKs of Facebook Lite, Facebook Messenger Lite and Skype Lite (none of these are available in my country in the google play store) since i installed all 3 apps the phone works slightly faster, i wanted facebook messenger lite for a while because i hated all the extra things that were added to the original app, it even slowed down my iPhone.

07-07-17 05:36 AM
    One month ago I bought a BBC Priv. Now I regret it. The back of The phone make a weird sound line is clicking, if if slide off the both cornere of The display are clickable. And now The battery. Mate, is f*****ing awfull. 47 % for 1 h and a half of use. And I can Cook an egg on it, thah hot it is. And now u sau '' use wifi as less as posible'? Wtf should i do with this phone if not receiving and sending emails or browsing The internet for informations? I had an LG G4 and its battery life was ridiculous big even after 1 year of intense using. I feel i got scammed with this stupid phone.
    07-15-17 06:06 AM
    One month ago I bought a BBC Priv. Now I regret it. The back of The phone make a weird sound line is clicking, if if slide off the both cornere of The display are clickable. And now The battery. Mate, is f*****ing awfull. 47 % for 1 h and a half of use. And I can Cook an egg on it, thah hot it is. And now u sau '' use wifi as less as posible'? Wtf should i do with this phone if not receiving and sending emails or browsing The internet for informations? I had an LG G4 and its battery life was ridiculous big even after 1 year of intense using. I feel i got scammed with this stupid phone.
    That is really not good, i'm sure you have sold or discarded the phone by now, but it makes me feel better that i get 10-12 hours out of my Priv haha. There are some things that can contribute to the phone overheating like that, however use of wifi was never an issue for me,in fact turning off network data and using wifi saves battery on my Priv (STV100-4). I also read that if you use the Preferred Network Type: 2G&3G&4G it can cause a problem for the overheating. If your network supports it, try and use 2G only and use wifi, it will save so much battery while you are at home.

12-18-17 09:21 AM
    I find if I clear apps after use with an app killer on a frequent basis .my battery easily does 30 hours. the phone has never overheated .
    it took a while to arrive at this apparent operating system allowing all advise .All I can say is I would buy another priv if required updates or not.
    12-18-17 04:28 PM
83 ... 234