I don't think you can extrapolate figures from Canadian retailers to US retailers simply because Canucks tend to support their homey companies slightly more than a US consumer would. I think (no concrete proof provided here, I admit.) that the BB10 numbers here in Canada are proportionally higher on a per capita basis than in the USA. So right from the get go, I think your math could be skewed.
    I think you can reasonably extract that comparing BlackBerry sales figures in Canada against BlackBerry sales figures in the USA.

Or take the Go Train in Toronto.
    11-23-15 03:49 PM
    We will have to wait and see...but I believe that the target of 5 million devices sold can be surpassed by the Priv alone.
    The issue here is that the Priv is new. After a while, sales for any device fall off once the initial early adopters had theirs.

Even with the iPhone this happens. Apple announced 13 million iPhone 6S devices in the opening weekend, but they won't sustain that, selling 13 million every weekend for the next 11 weekends in the quarter. Have you ever seen Apple announce that they sold 143 million iPhones in a quarter? ;-)

But back on topic, I hope the Priv sells well. In all honesty, I think I like that other leaked device a bit better personally. And I haven't decided if I want to go Android again.
    lift and mister2d like this.
    11-23-15 03:56 PM
    To quote the AT&T rep at the store the other day. "Ya, this phone is pretty dope".
    And I reply: "Can you repeat that about 873,491,882 times please???"

11-23-15 04:27 PM
    Checked with the 3 stores in my area (orange county, california), 0 (zero) sales. "Not marshmallow, too expensive, slider and pkb--no thanks" were some of the replies I got from sales reps.
    FWIW, I will be buying one when it comes to Verizon.

The "no marshmallow" seems kinda weird to me. Are there actually brand-name devices selling in the USA with marshmallow already included that aren't one of those 2 flimsy Nexus devices?
    11-23-15 04:31 PM
    This thread has run it course and is now closed, remember.......

[WARN]Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]
    lift and Mr4aces like this.
    11-23-15 07:32 PM
105 ... 345