I'm curious - now the device is out and people have it - anything in here turn out to be untrue?

If not, I'm sure the posters who accused Privberry of being a liar will be happy to apologise.
    blackmoe likes this.
    11-06-15 12:55 PM
    what device did were u using before you started using the priv? and do you misss it at all
    11-06-15 01:36 PM
    Apologies if it's been asked, but there is SO much to scroll through. Does it have docs to go loaded?
    11-06-15 02:58 PM
    Apologies if it's been asked, but there is SO much to scroll through. Does it have docs to go loaded?
    You mean as opposed to downloading it yourself from Play Store?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    axleberry likes this.
    11-06-15 04:20 PM
    Hub not working the way It should at all. syncng every 5 Min's? That's kife

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 02:47 AM
    Can you not change it 1 hour or 2 hours

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:33 AM
    Read couple of crippling reviews. Starting to get worried. I hope I have spent over �500. On rubbish. If the back of my priv arrives bouncy it's heading straight back to blackberry for refund

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:53 AM

I guess I do. I've never used Android and didn't realise it was available. Thanks.
    11-07-15 07:26 AM

Although, now that I look at it, I don't think the free version available in Play Store is quite the same as we're used to. I suppose Google Docs is the future, anyhoo.
    11-07-15 08:04 AM
    I'm worried my rss feeds backup will be lost, is there a way to restore feedminder backup to an android rss app?

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    11-07-15 12:41 PM
    Can you not change it 1 hour or 2 hours

Posted via CB10
    Out of box update, it's push again! Disable Gmail and ur cooking. Quick reply from hub I'd be hapy

11-07-15 03:44 PM
    Thoughts on the display? Camera?

11-07-15 03:46 PM
    Idk what that post was about multi tasking, the back grounder is the best ever. Needs all the hub capabilities, keep refining the software etc. If the camera meets my needs it's my device. Trying to get use to the smaller buttons, compared to the larger passport pkb

11-07-15 03:48 PM
    Could you please extract the apk for the virtual keyboard? Would love to try it out.
    11-07-15 06:24 PM
    Don't know how

11-07-15 06:53 PM
    Nevermind, I finally got it to work!
    11-07-15 09:04 PM
    Download the App.

11-07-15 09:06 PM
    A day later and a few issues I've run into: It says my photos transferred, but I can't find them. They are not in the Google Photos app. Where could they have gone? Next, nearly all my contacts transferred. A couple of people I texted with yesterday, those show up as phone numbers and they are not in my transferred contacts. Will I have to manually go through both phones to see what did and didn't transfer and put them in my Priv or are they hiding somewhere as well? There wasn't anything different about how their numbers were stored as opposed to those that did transfer. Lastly, I think someone else mentioned this, my calendar says 31 on it when my Q10 would give me the actual date. Any way of fixing this? And this is petty, but I'm OCD, all calendar info that transferred is one color and if I add something new it's a different color. I've not found anywhere to put items the color I want. Thanks for all your help!!
    11-08-15 01:05 PM
    A day later and a few issues I've run into: It says my photos transferred, but I can't find them. They are not in the Google Photos app. Where could they have gone? Next, nearly all my contacts transferred. A couple of people I texted with yesterday, those show up as phone numbers and they are not in my transferred contacts. Will I have to manually go through both phones to see what did and didn't transfer and put them in my Priv or are they hiding somewhere as well? There wasn't anything different about how their numbers were stored as opposed to those that did transfer. Lastly, I think someone else mentioned this, my calendar says 31 on it when my Q10 would give me the actual date. Any way of fixing this? And this is petty, but I'm OCD, all calendar info that transferred is one color and if I add something new it's a different color. I've not found anywhere to put items the color I want. Thanks for all your help!!
    Don't have a Priv (yet), but I think alternatively to using the content transfer app you could use Gmail or a similar email account to sync your contacts with. That's what I do on my Z30 so that any time I need to reinstall the OS it's as simple as logging into my email account to get all of my contacts back.

Again, don't have first-hand experience, but I've read that the calendar app does show dynamic dates. If suspect that your BlackBerry apps are not updated to the latest releases, which I've read is a problem for several people. I'd go into the Google Play Store and check the calendar app to see if an update is available. (Apparently after this initial manual update, GPS will push update notifications automatically.)

As for your photos, that I'm not sure about. I'd recommend downloading a file manager app (I hear ES File Explorer is good) and searching the device for the folder manually. If you can't find it, and you don't have an SD card to simply put into your new Priv, you can connect your old phone to a laptop/desktop, copy the files there, and then do the same with your Priv to copy them onto the phone. Alternatively, you could use a cloud storage service like Dropbox or OneDrive and do it that way.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    bettyjo214 likes this.
    11-08-15 02:08 PM
    This is an actual Android device, that happens to be built by BlackBerry. So yes, they will all work. Unless they require Marshmallow, which I don't think is an issue as of yet.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks
    11-08-15 02:49 PM
    To anyone that has the Priv.... what is the call screen like? Can someone post pics?

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    11-08-15 05:10 PM
    Like a BBM screen. Passport was way better imo

11-08-15 06:07 PM
    Have you used LastPass? I am curious to know if the application will autofill password screens in the same manner it does on my Samsung S5
    11-08-15 06:14 PM
    I haven't used it. Is the App secure?v

11-08-15 06:15 PM
849 ... 323334