Thanks Privberry for the info/answers and also other people for the relevant questions ....
    1) The hub most likely will be updated with features also i think its up to app vendors to enable hub integration ... that's how i understand it.

2) I saw that the Front facing camera may take a bashing in reviews. Is that to say the quality is bad especially compared to the S6 i can send a sample from my S6 if u need that to give a definitive answer.

3) Does it say fast charging in the notification shade / lock screen like the S6 and how long are the charge times. (right now im sure battery life is better than my s6)

4) Does the body have any metal or is it just a really high quality plastic build like the older lumia devices.

5) How is the outdoor mode of the AMOLED screen the S6's own is fantastic also are their colour profile options in settings ?

6) Does it come with the BlackBerry Premium headphones or the cheap ones.

7) Can i quick reply from toast notifications like i used to on my Q10 i mean IPhone has it **** Even windows 10 mobile has it. it would be cool if BB worked on adding it but i doubt
    Things that people may miss in Hub i can see it being added as well as alot of software improvements can be done before marshmallow update is ready.
    1) The nice BB share screen can be added and should be.
    2) Productivity edge should add more features some of which are hard for me to explain.
    3) quick reply if its not there yet.
    10-31-15 06:25 PM
    it's FTP, not samba so better for most machines

https://seo-michael.co.uk/manage-fil...file-explorer/
    This is an example of why I persist iin inquisitiveness on the CB forums... your directing me to this information is so appreciated !!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:29 PM
    [QUOTE=patapoof;12033048]
    I hope that will come.

I would look at this phone as "an Android phone with added benefits of Blackberry keyboard and apps". Do not approach it as "Blackberry phone with benefits of Android apps".

QUOTE]

I like this concept.

I purchased my very first BlackBerry as the Passport upon release viewing it as the latter. I have, as such, not been upset when a certain android app failed to function. Most actually do fine.

I find the bb10 & android both available simultaneously to be a very nice & productive setup. Having android alone with a few BlackBerry appearing contrivances to be less enticing to me for now.

My wish, for certain, is to have my Passport updated to android 5.x or better. Further would be a nice ability to run Android apps residing on the external card. I would be happy.

Happily, my Passport has had no build issues. I use it heavily every day. I have not used my tablets since.

I have found the form factor of my Passport to be a challenge slowly overcome. I fear the large Priv form might be insurmountable for my use.

I would need to be convinced to set aside the Passport for the Priv. That has yet to happen.

Posted via CB10
    Now don't get me wrong while i agree with you ... BlackBerry can bake a lot of BB10 into android like how Samsung has changed android in the past it will just make for a more bloated OS and take more time to compile builds.

My hope is they take more of BB10 good features and port it over soon so its more of a BB device with a BB flavor of android .. much like Samsung's phones are a Touchwhiz flavored version of android with google hates but its much better than stock android in terms of standard features.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    10-31-15 06:31 PM
    Is there a way to just disable the hub until it's actually useful?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:36 PM
    Thanks Privberry for the info/answers and also other people for the relevant questions ....
    1) The hub most likely will be updated with features also i think its up to app vendors to enable hub integration ... that's how i understand it.

2) I saw that the Front facing camera may take a bashing in reviews. Is that to say the quality is bad especially compared to the S6 i can send a sample from my S6 if u need that to give a definitive answer.

3) Does it say fast charging in the notification shade / lock screen like the S6 and how long are the charge times. (right now im sure battery life is better than my s6)

4) Does the body have any metal or is it just a really high quality plastic build like the older lumia devices.

5) How is the outdoor mode of the AMOLED screen the S6's own is fantastic also are their colour profile options in settings ?

6) Does it come with the BlackBerry Premium headphones or the cheap ones.

7) Can i quick reply from toast notifications like i used to on my Q10 i mean IPhone has it **** Even windows 10 mobile has it. it would be cool if BB worked on adding it but i doubt
    Things that people may miss in Hub i can see it being added as well as alot of software improvements can be done before marshmallow update is ready.
    1) The nice BB share screen can be added and should be.
    2) Productivity edge should add more features some of which are hard for me to explain.
    3) quick reply if its not there yet.
    3. Stock Android doesn't indicate ifbyoure doing normal or fast charging I think. You can use GSAM app to tell based on rate of change.

4. Looks like only plastics. Too bad.

6. Based on the CFW unboxing it looks like the premium ones but not the super premium ones. WS10 instead of WS30, or something like that.

7. Responding to pop up notifications is an app based thing in Android. It's supported in the OS but the app has to make use of it. Since the Hub will just be an app, I'm sure it will make use of responding to pop ups for the services it does integrates (email and BBM only for now it looks like). As more of those come hopefully, so will pop-up notification response. If you use Textra for your SMS app, you can respond to pop ups. But not sure if you make Textra your SMS app if it will integrate into the Hub. It's all very confusing right now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-31-15 06:41 PM
    Thank you Privberry for taking the time to answer the questions.

I just can not wait for the Priv to be out and see how it is in my hands before I decide how it is.

Enjoy your new phone
    MO3iusONE and Teleo like this.
    10-31-15 06:43 PM
    You claim the hub is a mess, can you please confirm the bb10 hub settings that allow you to clean the hub up are non existent in the android version? On bb10 users can go into hub settings, then via selecting display and actions, hub management or the priority hub and choose what they want to see, where they want it to be and whether or not it is visible in both the hub by a seperate filter or both (choosing the hub only option makes the filter disappear.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:48 PM
    it's FTP, not samba so better for most machines

https://seo-michael.co.uk/manage-fil...file-explorer/
    In the local menu I do not find "Remote Manager" listed... does that require "root" which the BlackBerry Passport does not permit? Or, is there something else I have missed ??

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:49 PM
    I have just reviewed the Telus tutorial since it "relaunched" officially. There is nothing is Hub except email and texts. In the prior version of this tutorial, the screenshots (posted by Bla1ze) showed other apps integrated, namely Hangouts. I think that BB had plans for better third party app integration at launch, and those plans have maybe fallen through. Perhaps with time, more apps will come.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12019237

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12022783

This is HUGELY disappointing. Thinking about cancelling my order. But with 30 day free trial, might as well try it.
    10-31-15 06:58 PM
    How long does it charge from 0 to 100%?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Brandon Tobias and david7saad like this.
    10-31-15 06:59 PM
    In the local menu I do not find "Remote Manager" listed... does that require "root" which the BlackBerry Passport does not permit? Or, is there something else I have missed ??

Posted via CB10
    it's nothing to do with local, it's in the main menu, as described. it's an old screenshot but still, just open the menu on the left and scroll down down down
    10-31-15 07:00 PM
    How long does it charge from 0 to 100%?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    yes the time taken from a dead battery to a full one considering it has Quick charge ...
    10-31-15 07:04 PM
    Given the batter size of 3400 and my experience with QC 2.0, I'd say probably 2 hours if untouched. Probably gets to 90% is 1.5 hours. Then it slows down.
    10-31-15 07:06 PM
    Sorry...I don't see it...???

it's nothing to do with local, it's in the main menu, as described. it's an old screenshot but still, just open the menu on the left and scroll down down down
    I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-img_20151031_200437.png

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:08 PM
    it's above Tools, in Network. the group just before
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-31-15 07:10 PM
    it's above Tools, in Network. the group just before
    Yes... it sure is... thank you. Will this permit bidirectional file management in the same vein as Blend does through Passport File Manager... i.e. copy or move files/folders ? (I am not near my win10 desktop at present)
    I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-img_20151031_201632.png

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:16 PM
    I have just reviewed the Telus tutorial since it "relaunched" officially. There is nothing is Hub except email and texts. .... .
    Keep in mind it is just a simulator doesn't show all possibilities.

In the introduction to the Hub the simulator says "BlackBerry Hub is the one place to view all the communications important in your life. Whether its phone calls, emails, txt messages, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, or Calendar appointments - BlackBerry Hub is your one stop shop for integrated communications".
    10-31-15 07:16 PM
    Yes... it sure is... thank you. Will this permit bidirectional file management in the same vein as Blend does through Passport File Manager... i.e. copy or move files/folders ? (I am not near my win10 desktop at present)
    *snip*

Posted via CB10
    yes, it works like any other FTP set up
    Last edited by weezul; 10-31-15 at 07:18 PM. Reason: image cut
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-31-15 07:18 PM
    Thank you Privberry for taking the time to answer the questions.

I just can not wait for the Priv to be out and see how it is in my hands before I decide to buy

Enjoy your new phone
    10-31-15 07:22 PM
    Is there an LED light to identify and differentiate between notifications like all the berrys of the past?
    10-31-15 07:24 PM
    Is there an LED light to identify and differentiate between notifications like all the berrys of the past?
    Yes, this was confirmed in this thread.
    Vito B likes this.
    10-31-15 07:28 PM
    its under network

Sorry...I don't see it...???

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:28 PM
    As for wireless QI charge, I have 2 observations:

I bought a DIY USB dongle which plugs into the charge port on the Passport & the outside behind underneath the case (in my example, Stilgut) being so flat as to yield no impairment of the case fit. The charge plate started a charge for a few seconds & quit. The dongle sits in the drawer.

My wide's droid mini has QI built in & it works. It is so slow, she has given up on it. It too sits in the drawer.

I view QI as an opportunity for airports, taverns, schools, etc. For free charge stations built into armrests, tables, etc. Or even fo small fees.

It is quite slow.

That said, my beloved retired HP Touchpad had a QI easel which worked well. It required the higher powered HP charge adapter to work. The machine detected the difference.

My HP Pre3 had a nice little QI charge that seemed quicker than what was discussed above here. I used it all the time on my desk. The phone tended to slide off the inclined surface.

I think QI needs work.
    10-31-15 07:31 PM
    Can you take pictures while recording a video?
    10-31-15 07:31 PM
    Privberry thanks for answering all of the questions. It sure helps to get a clear idea of the phone. Is the physical keyboard the same size as the BB Classic keyboard? Thanks.
    10-31-15 07:48 PM
849 ... 910111213 ...