My final word on Priv.

There is so much to like about this cellphone.

Forget that it is different and forget that it is not BB10.

Approach it as something new and be delighted by its familiarity.

Pick it up, try it out. Before long you'll wonder how you coped without.

Sure, there is room for BlackBerry to add some things we want from BB10. But the real things that are frustrating on a cellphone - buggy software, poor battery life, bad typing experience - the Priv eliminates them. The software doesn't crash. The battery gets you through a day. You don't have to type on an inaccurate virtual keyboard.

On the strength of those things, every thing else is trivial.

Forget about Android. This is a BlackBerry. A BlackBerry with a huge, beautiful gloss screen, running a fully stocked app store with anything you could want at your fingertips.

Keep an open mind. You might just love it.

It has been a pleasure.

Privberry out.
    Perfect way to sum it all up. Thanks for answering questions and providing insight.
    FF22 and Brandon Tobias like this.
    11-05-15 06:05 PM
    My final word on Priv.

There is so much to like about this cellphone.

Forget that it is different and forget that it is not BB10.

Approach it as something new and be delighted by its familiarity.

Pick it up, try it out. Before long you'll wonder how you coped without.

Sure, there is room for BlackBerry to add some things we want from BB10. But the real things that are frustrating on a cellphone - buggy software, poor battery life, bad typing experience - the Priv eliminates them. The software doesn't crash. The battery gets you through a day. You don't have to type on an inaccurate virtual keyboard.

On the strength of those things, every thing else is trivial.

Forget about Android. This is a BlackBerry. A BlackBerry with a huge, beautiful gloss screen, running a fully stocked app store with anything you could want at your fingertips.

Keep an open mind. You might just love it.

It has been a pleasure.

Privberry out.
    Nothing else needed. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:23 PM
    Hello PrivBerry.

About the BlackBerry Content Transfer app.

For example: Let say you (As a heavy user) don't like to work with BlackBerry Priv as daily smartphone driver on daily bases and you prefer and wants to go back with transfering your recent created data (Which is stored on the BB Priv) to your previous BlackBerry 10 (ONX) device.

Question 1: Is it possible or impossible to use with BlackBerry Content Transfer app to do it?

Question 2: If no, should you use and work with another app named Device Switch on both devices for transfering the created data?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:42 PM
    Hello PrivBerry.

About the BlackBerry Content Transfer app.

For example: Let say you (As a heavy user) don't like to work with BlackBerry Priv as daily smartphone driver on daily bases and you prefer and wants to go back with transfering your recent created data (Which is stored on the BB Priv) to your previous BlackBerry 10 (ONX) device.

Question 1: Is it possible or impossible to use with BlackBerry Content Transfer app to do it?

Question 2: If no, should you use and work with another app named Device Switch on both devices for transfering the created data?

Posted via CB10
    What part about "My final word on Priv" wasn't clear ? Lol

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Bell Mobility Network
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 06:45 PM

11-05-15 06:46 PM

Oh sorry.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 07:06 PM
    So how do you launch voice search & action? is it by saying "Ok Google" or "Ok Blackberry"?..
    DTEK looks the same as the App Permissions which is android default feature or any differences?
    And HUB is now just another android apk file installed and running right?
    Maybe next time the whole blackberry signatures will be just a launcher that can be downloaded and installed on every android devices..? who knows..
    11-05-15 07:46 PM
    Forgot to ask is recent os immune to stagefright?
    11-05-15 07:46 PM
    He must install and run stagefright detector from Zimperium INC on Play Store to check it.
    My Nexus 5 running Marshmallow passed the test "Not Vulnerable"
    The tested bugs:
    CVE-2015-1538
    CVE-2015-3824
    CVE-2015-3827
    CVE-2015-3828
    CVE-2015-3829
    CVE-2015-3864
    CVE-2015-3876
    CVE-2015-6602
    11-05-15 08:04 PM
    How's performance on it?
    11-05-15 08:46 PM
    Yes, built in.

You press and hold Vol Down + Power.

When multiple languages are enabled, a Keyboard icon appears at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Tap to change.

It sure does!

It is a mute button. Press to silence music if it is playing (although the track does not pause).

Yes. Dtek does not block it but you can tell it to block APK in the security menu.
    Yeah man that's what I was looking for! thanks man!
    11-05-15 09:18 PM
    He must install and run stagefright detector from Zimperium INC on Play Store to check it.
    My Nexus 5 running Marshmallow passed the test "Not Vulnerable"
    The tested bugs:
    CVE-2015-1538
    CVE-2015-3824
    CVE-2015-3827
    CVE-2015-3828
    CVE-2015-3829
    CVE-2015-3864
    CVE-2015-3876
    CVE-2015-6602
    Yeah my note 5 on L is immune too
    11-05-15 09:36 PM
    He did say final word already. But, I do remember him running an app to detect stagefright vulnerability and it was not vulnerable.
    11-05-15 09:40 PM
    APKs aren't going to do you much good unless you've got a Priv my friend
    Yeah, of course. I meant if you got the Priv and did not set up the phone with a Google account. Without the account you cannot use Play, no?
    11-05-15 09:57 PM
    Thanks again Privberry
    . This lucky sob probably responded to all our questions using that sweet *** Priv keyboard. I am indeed jealous..
    00stryder likes this.
    11-05-15 09:59 PM
    Nothing a "Priv"won't cure..However more expensive than 2 tylenol lol
    Asprivin or Privicetamol? ;-D

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    00stryder likes this.
    11-05-15 10:26 PM
    Thanks Privberry. Can anyone help me with this question.

Can your next calendar event be displayed on the lockscreen like BB10?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:00 AM
    im sure this is a silly question but i have to know if all android apps work on this. i realize that its running android software but like previous blackberry phones just because you could load an android app ontot he phone that didnt mean you could use it.
    11-06-15 03:49 AM
    I won't get mine to next week

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:53 AM
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but does the Priv have BlackBerry Protect and BlackBerry Travel as well as the pinch functionality on in the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:31 AM
    On my OnePlus One, if I use Google Now to add a calendar event, it only recognizes Google calendar. If you don't use Google calendar, as I don't, it won't work. The BlackBerry calendar app is present on the Priv, but I assume the same limitation with Google Now applies if the BlackBerry calendar isn't synced to a Google calendar account.

Too bad I didn't remember to ask about this before Privberry signed off.

Edit: I just saw Bla1ze's review and he mentions using Google Now with the calendar, but doesn't specifically mention doing it with a non-Google calendar account.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 11-06-15 at 05:55 AM.
    11-06-15 05:34 AM
    im sure this is a silly question but i have to know if all android apps work on this. i realize that its running android software but like previous blackberry phones just because you could load an android app ontot he phone that didnt mean you could use it.
    This is an actual Android device, that happens to be built by BlackBerry. So yes, they will all work. Unless they require Marshmallow, which I don't think is an issue as of yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:58 AM
    They do not seem to switch automatically. When two languages are in use a keyboard icon remains on the screen for easy switching.
    You said you have been a Passport user for a long time; how on earth can you justify dumping the Passport for this piece of junk?

*Horrible Hub experience
    *Worse multitasking abilities
    *Worse battery life
    *Messy Android UI
    *No support for multiple language dictionaries - which is a big deal for me as I'm constantly using 3 languages at the same time on my Passport. Which it handles very well. Having to tap an icon every time I switch between the three very different languages I use would be a huge hassle in everyday life. I already have that 'solution' on my iPad and it's a painful experience, leading me to use the Passport every time I want to write something. Not to mention that the dictionaries don't even work for all three languages.

I honestly don't see how this thing can be anything other than a huge downgrade for existing Passport users.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2789
    11-06-15 12:40 PM

I honestly don't see how this thing can be anything other than a huge downgrade for existing Passport users.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2789

Apps. Many people rely on apps that are not available in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    axleberry likes this.
    11-06-15 12:43 PM
    Is the keyboard hard to type with? It seems a bit small.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:49 PM
849 ... 31323334