Can you use voice recognition completely on-device like how BB10 works? In other words have the phone do local voice recognition and searching without sending any data to google's cloud servers?
    Ehm!

The BlackBerry Assistant need wifi/mobil to work correctly. If you turn off wifi/mobil you can only use voice dial. You can't use voice dictation, voice search...

Try it.

(Sorry if I understand you wrong)

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-05-15 09:33 AM
    How did you transfer all your passport files to the Priv without blend?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:35 AM
    I wonder if the keyboard light up...
    11-05-15 09:38 AM
    anyone know when we can download blackberries applications on the store ?
    11-05-15 09:40 AM
    How did you transfer all your passport files to the Priv without blend?

Posted via CB10
    For those still actually using local data on their devices, you can use this:

Check out BlackBerry Content Transfer in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59981099

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 09:45 AM
    anyone know when we can download blackberries applications on the store ?
    You mean for devices other than the Priv?

Could be soon, or could be never. If the Priv is widly successful, they won't need to sell it to others. If the Priv is just successful enough to establish value for the Experience Suite, then it probably will be made available.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 09:47 AM
    Ok thanks
    11-05-15 09:50 AM
    Ehm!

The BlackBerry Assistant need wifi/mobil to work correctly. If you turn off wifi/mobil you can only use voice dial. You can't use voice dictation, voice search...
    Hrmm you are correct! Which is strange because the bars are there for voice recognition..

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:49 AM
    Impossible. They would not be where they are without certain level of integrity.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Plus the OP kind of gave away he works in a store.
    11-05-15 11:12 AM
    Shouldve read the first post. Answered my question. Thanks!

Beproud
    So you asked a question without even reading the first post? Amazing...
    Bad enough all the repeats from those who haven't read the thread.
    11-05-15 11:49 AM
    Going by the thread the Priv is a bit limp

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:10 PM
    Lineups have started in Vancouver for the Blackberry Priv
    I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-bb-priv-lineup.jpg

Just kidding but it would be nice!
    00stryder, AL8x B and bonnev659 like this.
    11-05-15 01:05 PM
    [QUOTE=privberry;12032220]
    No. The Hub is a mess.

I feared this

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 01:11 PM
    There were a lot of comments around the Hub and notification content in the Android notification tray being synced both ways so that you only have to triage it in one spot and not both. There are a few issues in the current Hub build, but they are known by the teams and actively being fixed for the next soon-coming Google Play release of BlackBerry's PIM apps.

That's the awesome thing about Google Play...fixes and and features can come much more rapidly for the BlackBerry apps that are in the store.

PS. Give the device a fair go, and make your own decision on whether or not it fits your needs - everyone uses the device differently
    bonnev659 and andy957 like this.
    11-05-15 01:12 PM
    And while I'm at it, there seems to be a lot of dismay in the thread around the fact that the device uses Google Messenger and Hub links to it. Any particular reason here? Intrigued to know.

In BB10, the Hub really linked out to other applications to "view and respond" to the content as well via the Invocation Framework. It's a very similar model in Android, but done via intents (almost identical to invoke framework). You can move back and forth between the content/deep link viewer and the Hub via the standard Android back key. Again, a similar model to what BB10 had with a few small changes.

Interested to get feedback one way or the other on the more specific Hub complaints.

@Privberry - perhaps PM me some of your larger Hub complaints. Would love to get the full consolidated list.
    bonnev659 likes this.
    11-05-15 01:25 PM
    There were a lot of comments around the Hub and notification content in the Android notification tray being synced both ways so that you only have to triage it in one spot and not both. There are a few issues in the current Hub build, but they are known by the teams and actively being fixed for the next soon-coming Google Play release of BlackBerry's PIM apps.

That's the awesome thing about Google Play...fixes and and features can come much more rapidly for the BlackBerry apps that are in the store.

PS. Give the device a fair go, and make your own decision on whether or not it fits your needs - everyone uses the device differently
    The point of contention is that it still requires a Google account... ...unless there are good folk out there who would make available the .apks....
    11-05-15 01:31 PM
    [QUOTE=domokeats09;12045951]
    No. The Hub is a mess.

I feared this

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    There are out of box updates waiting for the hub. Idk what this means exactly, but it's more refined then out of box

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 01:33 PM
    The point of contention is that it still requires a Google account... ...unless there are good folk out there who would make available the .apks....
    APKs aren't going to do you much good unless you've got a Priv my friend
    11-05-15 02:01 PM
    Hub doesn't look that bad on the hands on

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:21 PM
    Any battery saving mode on priv?
    Yes, built in.

If you wanna make a printscreen or screenshot within the device of BB Priv android OS software,

Do you have to use both volume keys or download an app from the Google Play Store to create a screenshot?
    You press and hold Vol Down + Power.

How do you switch between languages?
    (BB10 is alt+enter)
    When multiple languages are enabled, a Keyboard icon appears at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Tap to change.

Does it have BB10 ring tones and other alerts? Thanks.
    It sure does!

What does the middle button do? Is it possible to set it up as a pause button?
    It is a mute button. Press to silence music if it is playing (although the track does not pause).

Can it allow installation of APK from outside sources?
    Yes. Dtek does not block it but you can tell it to block APK in the security menu.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 04:52 PM
    If you could elaborate more about the curved display and its functionality, would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    The screen curves very gently. The glass actually curves more than the actual display underneath. There is no particular function associated with the curved edge, it is purely aesthetic. Sometimes makes it hard to operate swipe menus.

How is the multitasking experience by the priv?
    Seems decent. YouTube app stops playing music when minimized. Lack of proper Hub makes copying into and from emails or between messages a little more cumbersome. Apart from that no problems.

I'm pushing it - any sign of something like Profiles - so one can setup different modes of notifications and sound? I believe Android already has something of their own, but it's been a while since I last touched it.
    Three modes:
    Normal.
    Do Not Disturb. No notifications sound, not even alarm clock.
    Priority. By default only the alarm clock sounds but you can add priority exceptions. Example, your wife can still call.

Thanks, Privberry for your commitment and patience.
    One thing I need to know is how, if you did, transfer all you data from your Passport to your Priv?
    Content Transfer app by BlackBerry on both devices. Uploads everything to Google Drive and then back down again.

Does priv have the blackberry personal assistant app or any personal assistant app a la Siri?
    Google Now. Does the job nicely.

I type in 2 languages. The BB10 allows me to install two languages on the keyboard which gives me predictive text for both. I don't need to switch languages. Does the Priv's keyboard allow installation of two languages for simultaneous use?
    They do not seem to switch automatically. When two languages are in use a keyboard icon remains on the screen for easy switching.

How is the process of transferring contacts from BlackBerry 10 to Android on the Priv? All of the other information I could care less about, but my almost 500 contacts are crucial to me.
    Taken care of by the Content Transfer app.

I don't know if this has been asked or covered:

Does the camera app have the incredibly easy to use Panorama mode found in the newer BB10 OS's? You slide along and match a square into a a hollow square frame?
    There is a Panorama mode which works similarly. Also Selfie Panorama.

PrivBerry, I know for those of us that are so used to the way HUB works in BB10, we may be a little disappointed with the way HUB works on the Priv. Can you say in your opinion that someone who has never experienced HUB on BB10 will like the HUB on the Priv? If they never knew how Peek and Flow works and how great it is, they will never be the wiser?
    I think somebody who is not used to BB10 Hub would see the Priv Hub and ask "why would anybody find this useful?"
    11-05-15 05:07 PM
    He's back!

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 05:09 PM
    I've read most of the thread and didn't see this addressed. I apologize if it has been and I just missed it.

The last Android device I used was the Moto Droid Razr (yeah... that long ago). One thing that was difficult was the calendar. There weren't options to modify a single instance of a recurring meeting and the hoops necessary to forward a meeting were unpleasant. How is the calendar on the Priv? Is it base Android, or did BlackBerry port over their (actually functional) calendar?

Thanks for taking the time to address all of these questions.
    11-05-15 05:17 PM
    2. Can you dial numbers from the keyboard just like the old berries? if so, can this be done from any screen?
    From the home screen you can dial numbers (you do not need to press ALT) and it will launch the instant action and let you call.

3. Does it last the whole day (to midnight) without recharge?
    Typically no but I am a heavy user. I had nowhere near 22 hours.

Hey PrivBerry one question i had as it came up when talking to a co-worker, does this have google hangouts for the hub? is there a way to add accounts into the hub? just asking as i have seen stuff when watching the ATT video.
    Apps like Twitter and Facebook integrate automatically. Hangouts does not.

Hi. Is there a built in call, sms blocker?
    SMS yes. Calls no.

Will we be able to customize with themes like on the old blackberry or on android? Thank you
    Yes.

Is the screen actually curved, even a little, or is it just the Gorilla glass that's curved?
    It's really hard to tell from all the pictures around...
    The display is curved a very small amount. Very small. The glass is curved prominently.

With he Priv, can you enable/disable specific app permissions like we can on a real BB? Or is it the same all/nothing as every other droid?
    All or Nothing.

Can it teleport you?
    With the optional Teleport accessory.

Also I asked if the keyboard is softer than the Q10 keyboard.
    After two weeks the keys are buttery soft.

Does it have multiple window built in?
    No.

There seems to be a lot of dismay in the thread around the fact that the device uses Google Messenger and Hub links to it. Any particular reason here? ... In BB10, the Hub really linked out to other applications to "view and respond" to the content as well via the Invocation Framework.
    I think it is neater to have everything integrated or else you just have to check multiple notification trays. The Hub was always better looking than the stock Android messenger app. With Facebook, Twitter, SMS the Hub is literally just a list of links that spit you out to the other application. It is not as integrated as BB10 Hub. The only thing fully integral is email.

How is the calendar on the Priv? Is it base Android, or did BlackBerry port over their (actually functional) calendar?
    Seems to be identical to BB10 Calendar although I have not used it extensively.
    MO3iusONE and NamelessStar like this.
    11-05-15 05:29 PM
    My final word on Priv.

There is so much to like about this cellphone.

Forget that it is different and forget that it is not BB10.

Approach it as something new and be delighted by its familiarity.

Pick it up, try it out. Before long you'll wonder how you coped without.

Sure, there is room for BlackBerry to add some things we want from BB10. But the real things that are frustrating on a cellphone - buggy software, poor battery life, bad typing experience - the Priv eliminates them. The software doesn't crash. The battery gets you through a day. You don't have to type on an inaccurate virtual keyboard.

On the strength of those things, every thing else is trivial.

Forget about Android. This is a BlackBerry. A BlackBerry with a huge, beautiful gloss screen, running a fully stocked app store with anything you could want at your fingertips.

Keep an open mind. You might just love it.

It has been a pleasure.

Privberry out.
    11-05-15 05:46 PM
849 ... 3031323334