yea it got cut off idk why but i was saying the camera app is just that an app so it can be updated to add functionality like what HTC tends to do. where os updates would come in is to update camera firmware and enable some hardware features there were coded out much easier for BB to work on things like HUB, DTEK, Camera, etc ...

i suspect BB will make more deeper changed in the android 6.0 rom which i don't expect soon if they are going to make deeper changes / integration
    Right. I just have a feeling if it's not a success, they won't be doing as much updating. And i feel like, little quirks like this will deter users from purchasing the Priv, which of course would lead to lack of success, which would then lead to Blackberry abandoning it.

Android smartphones are a very competitive market, so it certain marks (features and specs) performance are missed, people will not look to purchase a device. So that's my worry.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-03-15 03:32 PM
    Right. I just have a feeling if it's not a success, they won't be doing as much updating. And i feel like, little quirks like this will deter users from purchasing the Priv, which of course would lead to lack of success, which would then lead to Blackberry abandoning it.

Android smartphones are a very competitive market, so it certain marks (features and specs) performance are missed, people will not look to purchase a device. So that's my worry.
    Yep I agree with you but they need to get the phone out now not perfect it right away.. It's better to release it as is get people buying them.. Then improve the software so even ppl who didn't buy right away have time to watch it grow and mature.. Chances are people will keep an eye on this device because of looks, what it offers and uniqueness so it's better sell and fix later

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-03-15 03:42 PM
    Yep I agree with you but they need to get the phone out now not perfect it right away.. It's better to release it as is get people buying them.. Then improve the software so even ppl who didn't buy right away have time to watch it grow and mature.. Chances are people will keep an eye on this device because of looks, what it offers and uniqueness so it's better sell and fix later

I guess, but I really don't think potential consumers are that welcoming.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-03-15 04:10 PM
    does the priv WiFi direct with Other bb10 devices
    I have NFC(Android Beam) and WiDi files to a passport. Yes.
    11-03-15 05:58 PM
    I have a question too: Are there any screws which lets assume the battery can be changed by the user (if he has the right tool)? I really want to buy the BB Priv but I'm afraid there could be glue like in HTC phones.
    you may want to look at youtube videos about Samsung screen replacement. I suspect you will need some special tools, a hair dryer to melt the glue and some dexterity
    11-03-15 06:12 PM
    If you dial a number, ex: mom: by pressing and holding the 'm' key, if you slide the phone back down, will it hang up or keep the call?
    11-03-15 06:45 PM
    1). Does it feel too heavy at 192 grams?
    2). Does the lights on keyboards always turn on when you slide out or it is sensor based? Also can yo turn it off in settings?
    3). How quickly does the battery charge to 100%?
    11-03-15 06:49 PM
    Can it teleport you?

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    11-03-15 06:58 PM
    how is the camera? and the speed of capture
    11-03-15 07:06 PM
    Does it even lift?
    11-03-15 07:15 PM
    Can you please scratch the screen, and then sniff it to see what it smells like?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-03-15 07:38 PM
    Does it have the Remember and Password Keeper apps? I use those daily

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 08:11 PM
    Does it have the Remember and Password Keeper apps? I use those daily

Posted via CB10
    Password keeper = yes but I don't remember for remember app
    JordyC87 likes this.
    11-03-15 09:46 PM
    After reading all this I can say unless there is a bb10 priv I'm not even interested. Android is crap and this confirms it

Passport. The world's best phone. Try one.
    Asvertus, bonnev659 and Barbareren like this.
    11-03-15 10:05 PM
    What about emoji? Does it support it? Does it have the same whatsapp/iOS type emoji?

Because some of the current BBM ones don't have the same expressions to its unicode as the ones on WhatsApp do

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:13 PM
    Also I asked if the keyboard is softer than the Q10 keyboard.

I should have really thought of these questions much earlier.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:14 PM
    After reading all this I can say unless there is a bb10 priv I'm not even interested. Android is crap and this confirms it

Passport. The world's best phone. Try one.
    So that is a Windows or iOS phone then.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-04-15 at 01:23 AM.
    11-03-15 11:19 PM
    He or she is not answering questions anymore. Now, we just wait for future reviews or our personal device.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-03-15 11:20 PM
    Hey usman, would appreciate if you would be able to check two things for me?

1. Does it have FM radio? Though I know that will be region specific.

2. If you have a USB otg cable is the phone able to power a 1TB USB powered hardrive on its own?

There are a thread for this, but NO FM-radio

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-03-15 11:47 PM
    I hear a few new updates? Anything better or different for the hub? Your description of it was disappointing and turned me off of buying it in such early stages of the Hub implementation.
    11-04-15 01:05 AM
    Hellooooooooo. I think they were wind up merchant

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:11 AM
    There are a thread for this, but NO FM-radio

Posted via CB10
    Since Motorola is also using Snapdragon SoCs in their devices and the have a FM Radio app in the Play Store I will try if FM Radio will work when installing their APK. Let's see.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:10 AM
    Does it have the BlackBerry 10 file manager? Does it Blend? BBM Video?

Z10STL1_10.3.2.2639
    Over All, by using Priv , do you think it's still a Blackberry phone ? or it's closer to Android phone ?
    11-04-15 04:02 AM
    I just realised I completely forgot to ask one important thing about the touch capacitive keyboard: in apps that act like a touchpad (wireless remote control apps, games with a cursor), does the touch cap. keyboard work in those apps?

Probably no, but that is one thing I think could give the Priv a huge advantage, if they added that (for one-hand control).

Also, if Android developers can be bothered to update their apps to update this keyboard, installing their updated .apks to a Passport might yield the same support (something I really miss)!

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    11-04-15 04:31 AM
    something i don't get, why there is no BlackBerry browser in this phone, if it is the best browser out there ?
    Best? In what fashion? It doesn't block ads or scripts and is slow as cold tar on almost every site I visit.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 05:13 AM
849 ... 2829303132 ...