With he Priv, can you enable/disable specific app permissions like we can on a real BB? Or is it the same all/nothing as every other droid?
    11-03-15 10:57 AM
    I remember the time-shift technology that was implemented in BB10's camera was bought by Apple. Im not sure if apple only intended to use it for Apple phones or not but that could be the reason behind why the Priv has no similar function. Then again, they have to write their apps from scratch to begin with so maybe it will be in a future release of a camera app? The good thing about the switch to Android is they can mainly focus on their specific app updates rather then the OS. You can admit it or not or disagree with me but BB10 was laggy at times. full of bugs and drained the battery after 10.3. I think its too late in the game at this point for blackberry unfortunately. I do like the Priv though.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-03-15 11:01 AM
    I think your reply got cut off. "remember the camera app is"...?
    I think he was going to say the app is "...evil and about to take over the

Posted via CB10
    Dave Knight2 likes this.
    11-03-15 11:08 AM
    With he Priv, can you enable/disable specific app permissions like we can on a real BB? Or is it the same all/nothing as every other droid?

android 6 marshmallow has this ability, and from ATT video yesterday seems dtek allows the same setting changes.
    11-03-15 11:11 AM
    11-03-15 11:30 AM
    something i don't get, why there is no BlackBerry browser in this phone, if it is the best browser out there ?
    11-03-15 11:35 AM
    I didn't see my question answered - is there multi-window multitasking like on the Note? Where you can view two apps simultaneously? I hear it's coming to Marshmallow innately but since the Priv is a productivity device, I wondered if they implemented it on Lollipop. I use this really often on the Note for work...
    You'll have to wait until its released in a later edition of Marshmallow.
    11-03-15 11:40 AM
    something i don't get, why there is no BlackBerry browser in this phone, if it is the best browser out there ?
    Best by what measure? BB browser has been surpassed by several Android browsers in HTML tests and javascript has never been a BB10 browser forte. BB10 browser was in the lead group perhaps up until a year ago but development on it as well as BB10 in general as slowed and now its been passed up.
    11-03-15 11:43 AM
    Privberry, does Priv have a popular Word Substitution feature that we use a lot on BB10, for example type bb=BlackBerry, hb=Happy birthday, qq= "my email address" and so on?
    Thanks
    11-03-15 12:39 PM
    Is Privberry gone?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 12:57 PM
    I had the Priv in my hands today.. i have to say its a real nice phone. I have to keep my Passport for awhile yet.. but i might have to jump on a sale when it comes up.
    11-03-15 12:58 PM
    does it have developer options (by tapping on build number) can you enable usb debugging & get adb ? Does dev options have option of oem unlock? If yes can you enable it & try booting into recovery? If it boots can you try fastboot oem unlock? How about posting the apk of the blackberry apps? Thanks!
    11-03-15 01:05 PM
    Oh. How does it feel width ways compared to passport

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 01:08 PM
    Is Privberry gone?

Posted via CB10
    Chen found him?
    nbaliga likes this.
    11-03-15 01:17 PM
    Chen found him?
    Yep and probably slapped him..
    11-03-15 01:23 PM
    What is schneider-kreuznach certified 18mp camera?can you compare it with iphone6s and tell the difference...whereas is it likely that we get an update to lollypop in other blackberry devices,since blackberry is now familiar with lollypop now and they can possibly release the very same secured version of lollypop to other devices?
    11-03-15 01:34 PM
    I had the Priv in my hands today.. i have to say its a real nice phone. I have to keep my Passport for awhile yet.. but i might have to jump on a sale when it comes up.
    I've played with two already. I am really wanting one over my Z30.
    11-03-15 01:36 PM
    with 717 posts already i am pretty sure all the questions were asked...soooo.....did you like it?
    11-03-15 01:58 PM
    y in god13's name would bb risk so much on this device and not have all the features of the hub preloaded, no quick reply bbm. Seems to me this is a serious mistake, and bb10 lovers will be seriously disappointed in that. other then that, the phone looks great. I've been forced to use a s6 for the last 3 months and I'm salivating at getting my hub and blackberry back.
    11-03-15 02:05 PM
    I have a question too: Are there any screws which lets assume the battery can be changed by the user (if he has the right tool)? I really want to buy the BB Priv but I'm afraid there could be glue like in HTC phones.
    11-03-15 02:12 PM
    I think your reply got cut off. "remember the camera app is"...?
    yea it got cut off idk why but i was saying the camera app is just that an app so it can be updated to add functionality like what HTC tends to do. where os updates would come in is to update camera firmware and enable some hardware features there were coded out much easier for BB to work on things like HUB, DTEK, Camera, etc ...

i suspect BB will make more deeper changed in the android 6.0 rom which i don't expect soon if they are going to make deeper changes / integration
    11-03-15 02:17 PM
    What is schneider-kreuznach certified 18mp camera?can you compare it with iphone6s and tell the difference...
    The lens is certified. That doesn't mean that the sensor and software will automatically provide the best photos.

whereas is it likely that we get an update to lollypop in other blackberry devices,since blackberry is now familiar with lollypop now and they can possibly release the very same secured version of lollypop to other devices?
    You expect Privberry to answer this? I can answer it for you. Don't hold your breath.
    11-03-15 02:24 PM
    The way it's described, the Hub is simply an email app + notification aggregator. Maybe a really good email app, but the lack of true integation of other services would be a complete disappointment. I will keep my order, but if this is the case, will be returning, and this will be end of BB for me

I can only hope that the OP's version of the OS is not final or the OP is a troll
    The Hub, Camera and other BB Apps are in the Google Play Store, so those items can be updated outside of the standard OS updates which carriers tend to drag their feet on.

BlackBerry never promised the OS would replicate BB10, I would be that is in the roadmap, but they likely wanted to get this phone out quickly so they had to make some comprises in device parity. This really isn't much different than the rollout of BB10 which saw many features missing but soon added with Firmware updates. The benefit here is that updates for the Hub can be pushed as soon as BlackBerry gets it done. However it does sound like they need some work to the firmware.
    11-03-15 02:48 PM
    I see a lot of people bashing the Hub. Remember this is the FIRST attempt on Android and the software will only get better in the future.

I have to admit I've never used a Blackberry device before (long time Android user and will probably buy the Priv due to the uniqueness of the device and keyboard), but I would imagine the first releases of the Hub was not without its own problems.
    I brought up this point as well and given that the Hub is treated as an application (it's in the Google Play Store) they can update it freely. It sounds to me like the firmware will need some attention.

I would love Android to work like BB10, but I think that may require so many changes that BB Android would not qualify for Google Play Services, which puts BlackBerry right back into the No Apps category (in a practical off the shelf sense).

The BB10 OS is great, it is a real shame developers did not offer more support, especially for the bigger apps out there.
    11-03-15 02:59 PM
    does the priv WiFi direct with Other bb10 devices
    11-03-15 03:32 PM
849 ... 2728293031 ...