I didn't see this question answered if it was I apoligize.
    Will we be able to customize with themes like on the old blackberry or on android? Thank you

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-03-15 05:04 AM
    Yes I could ask that question but I like to be specific and now that I know there's a way that it can install any apps and games (Even it is piracy and allowed to install from unknown sources) outside the Google Play Store in the BB Priv.

My whole, main and only reason is that I've had with apps who has advertisments and commercials built-in it. I'm not a developer and as a user I don't buy premium apps and/or games often via the Google Play Store.
    Just because of that, It could be a rip off from buying premium apps who doesn't function properly.
    If it doesn't function, you can return it for a refund.
    Unfortunately Android land has many who don't want to pay anything for anything, so to these folks the refund thing sounds like Norwegian .

 Q5 / Z30
    11-03-15 05:10 AM
    i dunno but i feel that you are not happy that you having it, sorry if I'm wrong, i have one question please do you think it deserves the 700$ and should i buy it im Z30 and Z10 user I'm going to sell the z10 and gonna buy a android device and I'm not interested of the physical keyboard should i get the priv or looking for another cheaper one?

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2977 Via CB
    11-03-15 05:28 AM
    I'm sorta amazed that there can be so many questions, other than does it feel solid, screen, sound and picture quality but sound, screen and picture quality are always subjective.,and, what are the differences between HUB on Android vs BB. It's an Android device and the vast majority of questions, for those who've never used Android should go over to Android Central to ask how the latest lollipop works.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-03-15 05:52 AM
    Sorry, I am still reading this thread... just finished page 2.
    How's the email experience on Priv? Does it allows you to store 1months / 3 months / forever....emails for imap emails?
    And does it like BB email, all the emails inside folders (outbox, inbox, other folders) will be sync and show in the hub like BB10 or will just refresh and show email for single folder (e.g. outbox) like iPhone do?
    11-03-15 07:00 AM
    I wonder if I can stop my order? Just seems to be a boring android phone that looks good. Bugger bugger bugger

Posted via CB10
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    11-03-15 07:11 AM
    air droid is just as good ...
    Thanks for the tip. What's the cost for it?
    11-03-15 08:06 AM
    Thanks for the tip. What's the cost for it?
    Looks like $20/yr to get all the features. (I'm going to stop a rant before I start)
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-03-15 08:16 AM
    Looks like $20/yr to get all the features. (I'm going to stop a rant before I start)
    It is worth it ... 20/year for a fully functional 'blend'? totally.
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    11-03-15 08:38 AM
    @PrivBerry,

Hey, sure you are exhausted from this questioning but do you know if the SD card slot supports UHS-1 speeds?
    11-03-15 08:41 AM
    Privberry has thrown his Priv in the garbage...this interrogation isn't worth it!
    ItsVenicedarnit and weezul like this.
    11-03-15 09:01 AM
    Does it have blackberry world apps?????

11-03-15 09:09 AM

no
    11-03-15 09:10 AM

Why would it? Google play has more and better apps. The only trouble will be paid apps that you had on BBW that won't transfer over to Android.
    11-03-15 09:10 AM
    Does it have same sitting like passport or change it like sony or Samsung sitting

11-03-15 09:16 AM
    I don't think it was answered , but does the Priv have the ability to block calls and sms without apps?
    11-03-15 09:16 AM
    I'm an Android user. I played with Blackberry before, YEARS ago, probably, I think it was the Blackbery Curve 8900 from T-Mobile. It actually changed my perception about Blackberry because I always thought Blackberry was just for enterprise/business users.

My only clutch with Blackberry was the lack of apps (as time went on).

As for the Priv, I'm kind of disappointed in the camera. As great as the camera was being touted, "Schneider-Kreuznach certified", but no manual controls? Especially when you have OIS, and Phase detection auto-focus. No time-shift. I mean... I don't even really care for timeshift necessarily, but I feel like in 2015 and touting a great camera, it should be thrown in there.

I'm one of those media-creator smartphone users, so I do a lot of pics and vids, so that, the battery life, and storage, will be the main things that will deter me from buying a smartphone. The camera overall seems to be great enough from what privberry has stated (though manual controls being missing, meh....), the battery life seems to be great, the storage kind of bothers me since I download a good majority of apps (Even though with Android M you can use adoptable storage, but I can't use that Micro SD card anymore from what I've heard).

Hopefully, the priv will be supported by third-party apps like, "Manual camera" , "DSLR Camera Pro", "Camera FV-5" for manual controls.
    Last edited by Dave Knight2; 11-03-15 at 10:49 AM.
    Yertie and Brandon Tobias like this.
    11-03-15 09:26 AM
    I didn't see my question answered - is there multi-window multitasking like on the Note? Where you can view two apps simultaneously? I hear it's coming to Marshmallow innately but since the Priv is a productivity device, I wondered if they implemented it on Lollipop. I use this really often on the Note for work...

I don't think it was answered , but does the Priv have the ability to block calls and sms without apps?
    I don't have a Priv but here are instructions on how to block calls and block texts on lollipop devices without an extra app. So it should be possible. But I highly recommend a 3rd party like Truecaller...
    11-03-15 09:26 AM
    Does the Priv have a slow-mo mode Privberry?
    11-03-15 09:28 AM
    Thanks for all the questions and answers. This made my decision easier. Either wait for Priv 2 or all the kinks to be worked out. Either way no need for a day 1 purchase. Will just keep on rocking with the classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 09:28 AM
    Is the screen actually curved, even a little, or is it just the Gorilla glass that's curved?
    It's really hard to tell from all the pictures around...
    11-03-15 09:36 AM
    Is the screen actually curved, even a little, or is it just the Gorilla glass that's curved?
    It's really hard to tell from all the pictures around...
    It's as curved as the S6 edge, not as curved as the note edge
    11-03-15 09:45 AM
    I'm an Android user. I played with Blackberry before, YEARS ago, probably, I think it was the Blackbery Curve 8900 from T-Mobile. It actually changed my perception about Blackberry because I always thought Blackberry was just for enterprise/business users.

My only clutch with Blackberry was the lack of apps (as time went on).

As for the Priv, I'm kind of disappointed in the camera. As great as the camera was being touted, "Schneider-Kreuznach certified", but no manual controls? Especially when you have OIS, and Phase detection auto-focus. No time-shift. I mean... I don't even really care for timeshift necessarily, but I feel like in 2015 and touting a great camera, it should be thrown in there.

I'm one of those media-creator smartphone users, so I do a lot of pics and vids, so that, the battery life, and storage, will be the main things that will deter me from buying a smartphone. The camera overall seems to be great enough from what privberry has stated (though manual controls being missing, meh...., the battery life seems to be great, the storage kind of bothers me since I download a good majority of apps (Even though with Android M you can use adoptable storage, but I can't use that Micro SD card anymore from what I've heard).

Hopefully, the priv will be supported by third-party apps like, "Manual camera" , "DSLR Camera Pro", "Camera FV-5" for manual controls.
    I agree with you 100% but remember the camera app is detached from the OS as such it can be updated with functionality.

Last edited by Brandon Tobias; 11-03-15 at 02:12 PM.
    Dave Knight2 likes this.
    11-03-15 09:58 AM
    Privberry/Usman_hidayat,

How is the keyboard? My main gripe with the Q10 keyboard is I'd prefer to be a bit softer. Less force needed to press a button.

Are the Priv keyboard keys softer?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:46 AM
    I agree with you 100% but remember the camera app is

I think your reply got cut off. "remember the camera app is"...?
    11-03-15 10:51 AM
849 ... 2627282930 ...