Hi Privberry thanks for this the AMA.
    You said you can reply instantly from incoming texts and BBMs like on BB10, but does it work with incoming Whatsapp messages as well?
    11-02-15 06:40 PM
    Can you swipe on the keyboard to delete words?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:12 PM
    Can you swipe on the keyboard to delete words?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.
    11-02-15 07:33 PM
    Yes.
    Thanks for your reply. Do you have the phone too?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:40 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Do you have the phone too?

Posted via CB10
    considering every leak and showcase of the device has shown it has the same pkb features as the passport was an easy question to answer.
    11-02-15 07:53 PM
    Can you gift me one???

From BB Z10...
    11-02-15 07:58 PM
    people can say what they want.But there's alot of BB10 users who didnt update phones from z10 like myself.The one device thats got the size,specs and extra keyboard we wanted we cant bye.

Your gonna sell a device at least get the loyal fans sold on the device.Not alienate them and leaving it to unknown group. This device had all the parts this would of done a cool mill+ on bb10 users alone. Then you release this droid trash or you just do both and do stock droid bull**** with the productive suite & slide keybaord. The suite was annouced long time ago and still not ready why??. I think chenny boy got **** wrong way round.

Its android that needs the stock release and little tampering with keybaord and security patches thast enough work really.BB10 should just continued its development.On secure front it would need so little updates not as much as droid will need.

Didnt see apple bottle it & toss Mac OS X away.They kept working on it bit by bit.Did dual boot and kept it moving. Man we'll see but man. Easily lost a a million + purchasers. Call me a fool but I rather have bankable cash then hope and pray bull**** going on at bb.
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-02-15 08:05 PM
    Its a lollipop rather than Samsung or BBRY implementation.
    That may be the case in some vendors. I have a OnePlus One android phone with the latest version of Android 5.1.1 and doesn't have that feature built-in.
    11-02-15 08:56 PM
    For those who are worried about the HUB on Android after reading this thread..

The HUB isn't a "mess" in what normal Android users are used to. It is just a little buggy compared to the kind of integration that BB10 users are used to.

There are duplicate notifications if you say have gmail set up with sync and the HUB set up.. Yes.. But that's the same with **every single other** email client on Android. CloudMagic, Mailbox, Inbox, etc. You can just unsync your gmail client (requires a pull to refresh in the gmail client if you choose to ever use it moving forward) and it'll fix the duplicate notifications. You have to do the same if you're, again, using any other android email management client. This is no different.

Not having WhatsApp support is listed as another one of the factors that means the HUB is a mess? I mean come on now.. The phone needs to sell well, and/or the HUB needs to be released to more Android devices before WhatsApp would ever allow for integration. What the heck else would you expect? They keep their API closed like a vault. You have to earn their integration by having enough users and them requesting the functionality. It makes perfect sense that given this thinking, WhatsApp doesn't want to waste their time unless it would help bring in enough users and/or be useful enough to a large portion of existing userbase. It makes sense, can you really blame them?

There's a reason there aren't any 3rd party apps in the Play Store trying to mirror the HUB (just an email aggregation app isn't the same as the HUB), because Android doesn't offer enough API's (yet) and more importantly, getting all of the apps on board is a tough thing to do. But a company like BlackBerry is someone who is large enough to possibly influence Android enough or be given special access to API's because they are helping Google right back with security and securing Android.

TL;DR: So is the HUB a "mess"? It has been a mess on BB10 for ages. There are little quirks to it here and there, but it has been manageable and extremely useful. For a BB10 user going to Android, yes, the HUB won't be as feature rich, (and may be seen as "a mess" due to duplicate notifications and missing integrations from what they are used to), but for an Android user moving to this device, the HUB will be the best damn email aggregation app available and the ONLY social/messaging/email/etc. app available on the Google Play Store. So what do you expect?

Again, you have to think **who** this device was made for. It was made for Android users who want to experience a physical keyboard and BlackBerry productivity enhancements. It wasn't necessarily meant for a BB10 user to now have the best of both worlds (apps and all the exact same functionality right out of the gate). BlackBerry is trying though, it's unfortunately much up to other devs opening up their API to BB and Google giving more API functionality to Android. BlackBerry has their hands tied a bit.
    11-02-15 09:00 PM
    I know that, I said I know that. And since that is the case I'm asking if the difference is so big, does he think BlackBerry 10 users will be very unhappy or will we adjust.

Posted via CB10
    If you like hub in bb10 too much you will probably be disappointed with the Priv.
    11-02-15 09:13 PM
    To answer your question, I still don't know what will be my next phone. It will surely not be an android. It would be such a downgrade... I will probably stay with my Z30 one more year (even though the Z30 was a little bit too big but I had to upgrade my Z10 battery life). Yes, Blackberry is making great phones and was making perfect integrated Os. That ran to allow you to keep you phones few years and not only 1,5 or 2 years only...
    Regarding the exemple of Whats'app integration in the HUB, Whats'app has been the most active in updating their app on BB10. I doubt that they now want to trust Blackberry's android "Os" and put so much energy on it. For sure it will take time to have something good with this Frankenstein Os. I'm fully supportive but having following tsupporting the evolution of BB10for the past 2 years, I'm not ready to do it again... Now I need productivity. So I stay with my Z30...
    11-02-15 09:37 PM
    Do you LIKE the phone?

Also how does it compare with other Android offerings in the same price range (if you know)?
    11-02-15 09:40 PM
    I dont think PrivBerry will answer anymore.
    11-02-15 09:46 PM
    Neither do I.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:46 PM
    Someone asked before, but I didn't see it answered : what is the multitasking like? There were leaked pics that indicated it would be similar to BlackBerry where you could switch between open apps, but I didn't think that was standard android. My only android experience is an eReader tablet tho, and it drives me nuts that I have to close something to switch to something else. BlackBerry was the closest thing I could find to webos when it stopped being supported.

Posted via CB10
    niah_777 likes this.
    11-02-15 10:32 PM
    I dont think PrivBerry will answer anymore.
    This forum would have made Ghandi cuss like a sailor.
    Egod101, dmlis, MO3iusONE and 5 others like this.
    11-03-15 12:03 AM
    Good points abass.

Regarding WhatsApp, I would also presume they would see Blackberry, BBM, et.al to be a competitor and would not be inherently motivated to help in any way.
    11-03-15 12:29 AM
    Someone asked before, but I didn't see it answered : what is the multitasking like? There were leaked pics that indicated it would be similar to BlackBerry where you could switch between open apps, but I didn't think that was standard android. My only android experience is an eReader tablet tho, and it drives me nuts that I have to close something to switch to something else. BlackBerry was the closest thing I could find to webos when it stopped being supported.

Posted via CB10
    That is standard Android. Some OEMs go beyond that.
    11-03-15 12:35 AM
    TL;DR: So is the HUB a "mess"? It has been a mess on BB10 for ages. There are little quirks to it here and there, but it has been manageable and extremely useful. For a BB10 user going to Android, yes, the HUB won't be as feature rich, (and may be seen as "a mess" due to duplicate notifications and missing integrations from what they are used to), but for an Android user moving to this device, the HUB will be the best damn email aggregation app available and the ONLY social/messaging/email/etc. app available on the Google Play Store. So what do you expect?

Again, you have to think **who** this device was made for. It was made for Android users who want to experience a physical keyboard and BlackBerry productivity enhancements. It wasn't necessarily meant for a BB10 user to now have the best of both worlds (apps and all the exact same functionality right out of the gate). BlackBerry is trying though, it's unfortunately much up to other devs opening up their API to BB and Google giving more API functionality to Android. BlackBerry has their hands tied a bit.
    Good reply!

Confirmed what I thought all along - Android is still quite a fragmented experience.

*MODS: Why is the typing input so laggy here on the PC? I'm constanly having to backsace to fill in missing keystrokes while typing here
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-03-15 12:36 AM
    Hows android working on a BlackBerry device. I know that it is a pure android device but i am asking this because BlackBerry has edited android as its customize requirements. Does it feel to have an Android device or still you have feelings of using a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 01:34 AM
    Dark hub?
    Lithuanian language?
    Is squircle back?

Hi,

Are you from Lithuania? Can I contact you via your PIN?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:01 AM
    I guess privberry is taking a break. Very understandable.

Posted via CB10
    Koppany and privberry like this.
    11-03-15 03:30 AM
    BlackBerry Hub will always be updated with new features in playstore constantly, why people worry about it?
    bonnev659 likes this.
    11-03-15 04:32 AM
    BlackBerry Hub will always be updated with new features in playstore constantly, why people worry about it?
    Just like playbook you mean? Regardless of playstore or not. It's a matter of want to or not. Buy what it is now, understand the product and accept, not what they are planning to do. Learn already, be wise.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-03-15 04:58 AM
    Has it 4g+ support?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 05:03 AM
849 ... 2526272829 ...