This HUB issue is exactly what I was afraid about... In addition with the 5.4" screen which is definitely too big, this HUB issue is the main reason why I will not buy this new Blackberry! What's the point of having two Notification Center that don't display the same information?
    The HUB is so great on BB10. But we have to understand that no 3rd party apps will develop additional features only for the Priv.
    They should better have forget about the HUB rather than integrate it just a little bit.
    Very sad to say that my next phone will not be a Blackberry...
    11-02-15 02:50 PM
    This HUB issue is exactly what I was afraid about... In addition with the 5.4" screen which is definitely too big, this HUB issue is the main reason why I will not buy this new Blackberry! What's the point of having two Notification Center that don't display the same information?
    The HUB is so great on BB10. But we have to understand that no 3rd party apps will develop additional features only for the Priv.
    They should better have forget about the HUB rather than integrate it just a little bit.
    What is your next phone going to be then? Because if its an android then its going to have a worse notification experience than the Priv
    11-02-15 03:06 PM
    Obviously not for your then, but the PRIV is for people who would like a new flagship BlackBerry phone with both physical and virtual keyboards, who like the idea of the Hub on Android with all the apps available, with BlackBerry's added security features, and look forward to the upgrade to Marshmallow and the improvements to the PRIV that will follow.
    chrispmoto likes this.
    11-02-15 03:09 PM
    I would Echo the previous two posters comments, from having tried the Android experience last Dec with a Note 4 I only lasted 4 months without any sort of Hub at all and went back to a BB. At least this Priv even if the hub is not perfect yet will likely be a LOT better experience than just going Android.
    11-02-15 03:19 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to answer all those questions, Privberry. Reading all your replies has made me even more certain that I'll stick with the Passport. No real Hub experience, no real multitasking and the usual messy Android experience. No thanks.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2789
    11-02-15 03:26 PM
    Hey Priveberry,

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our fanboy questions.

I have a BlackBerry Passport for more than a year and it is a great device besides some battery issues I have (only using a specific carrier).

I have a few questions for you:

1. BlackBerry Passport gave an unmatched call quality with 4 microphones - you could easily place the phone on a conference desk and the other side would hear absolutely everything, crystal clear, up to 5-6 meters. How about the Priv? is it that good? There isn't a single Android device out there that brings even a decent sound/recording quality, I'm doubtful about the Priv being the first high sound/microphone quality Android phone. If you are willing to perform some recording quality test (both on loudspeaker and without) and share your thoughts with us, I would really appreciate it.

2. Can you dial numbers from the keyboard just like the old berries? if so, can this be done from any screen?

3. Does it last the whole day (to midnight) without recharge?

4. This is not a question, but a note to BlackBerry. Guys, seriously, this is your last chance, your last "flagship phone", a 6000+ employees company, and you still can't get a simple little Android app (BlackBerry Hub) working right? 3 software engineers can develop a pixel perfect hub app in 1 month (max), how can you go so wrong with it? I am seriously disappointed. Also, what's with the stupid slide up and right thing? it takes time and access to the Hub should be effortless! Why don't you implement a simple swipe left just like the BBOS 10? How difficult is that?! that's a 3 days work! for one engineer! And seriously, not syncing read messages between Android and the Hub... God! I sometime don't understand how you guys work...

Thanks anyway Privberry!
    Last edited by mnns; 11-02-15 at 04:12 PM.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-02-15 03:44 PM
    Hey PrivBerry one question i had as it came up when talking to a co-worker, does this have google hangouts for the hub? is there a way to add accounts into the hub? just asking as i have seen stuff when watching the ATT video.
    11-02-15 03:49 PM
    There are many ways, but this will probably be the easiest.
    BlackBerry Content Transfer
    Yes I saw this on the main page a week or so ago,thank you for the link. But I was wondering if our nice friend had used anything special to do so and how it worked for him...or anyone else who has went from OS10 to Android in the past.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 03:51 PM
    So from reading this thread from the start to now i can conclude
    1) We have a lot of lazy people asking things answered already
    2) A lot of people expecting this to be a BB10 based version of android feature wise (this needs to stop)
    3) We all need to remember as well that the phone maybe aimed at IOS and Regular Android users so current BB10 users may be on the back burner since its a Gen 1 device well OS wise.

Blackberry's hardware was never an issue it was software and apps the general consumer is not on a particular OS for productivity its more like what games i have, what apps, what messengers and the gimmicky features (Samsung i'm looking at your gimmicks).

So here it goes
    1) BB10 people you may not be happy because its a step back and i'm an android user i was expecting more BlackBerry in the rom because i miss my Q10 but stick with BB10 until BB works out the android game it's a new space for them.

2) OS wise its generation 1 most apps and features will be added and i would hope blackberry can strike the balance between productivity features (most of BB10's features) while still giving the consumers the Ooo's and ahhhs of a great camera and generally useful features like Samsung and Motorola has some but not all.

3) BB needs to sell this phone not so much to BB faithfuls as most would be happy with the BB10 devices but they need to get more IOS users and Samsung holdouts back to make the devices side of things profitable.

4) most importantly GOOGLE is in control .... BB can only do so much with android and the HUB ... if google gives them permission to do more extensive work with the OS then we can solve some issues. i say this since Samsung and Google had issues as in sammy changed android to much google had an issue solution was google needed to stop competing with Samsung directly i.e sell Motorola and sammy would stop messing with android as much ... hence we have an S6 with a lighter touchwhiz, less Samsung apps and a generally ok performing device for a Samsung.

I used to use an app called floatify to get the quick reply feature BB10 has when the toast message pops up. link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...floatify&hl=en
    that used to cause double notifications at times because of how android allows apps to access notifications so again google needs to let BB do its own android version which will help them since BB may share some features with stock android.

I do believe the Priv was supposed to be a BB10 device at first so i can understand why the android OS is not as integrated or as skinned as i expected a BB android OS to be i was expecting a bit of a HTC / Motorola blend where the OS blends material design with BB10 user interface, Blackberry apps deeply integrated, hub fully functional and integrated into the launcher, gestures (both old and new) etc i had and still have a vision for what Blackberry needs to do with android.

this long post is just to say i think some people are getting off track especially asking stuff already said ... also want to thank Privberry for all the info he has given us.. would like this thread to go more along the lines of what BB needs to change add improve on etc since i see the majority of common questions have been asked. I would also like Privberry to sound off on what missing BB10 features are needed ... or needs improving maybe we can get BB listening ..... As for me i want the priv just imma wait for the reviews and maybe a price drop priorities atm i cant rush to get it maybe the software will improve by then.
    11-02-15 03:51 PM
    Amen - if you approach it as almost stock android with a keyboard it is an excellent option.
    11-02-15 03:54 PM
    Hey Priveberry,

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our fanboy questions.

I have a BlackBerry Passport for more than a year and it is a great device besides some battery issues I have (only using a specific carrier).

I have a few questions for you:

1. BlackBerry Passport gave an unmatched call quality with 4 microphones - you could easily place the phone on a conference desk and the other side would hear absolutely everything, crystal clear, up to 5-6 meters. How about the Priv? is it that good? There isn't a single Android device out there that brings even a decent sound/recording quality, I'm doubtful about the Priv being the first high sound/microphone quality Android phone. If you are willing to perform some recording quality test (both on loudspeaker and without) and share your thoughts with us, I would really appreciate it.

2. Can you dial numbers from the keyboard just like the old berries? if so, can this be done from any screen?

3. Does it have a removable battery?

4. Does it have a micro SD slot?

5. Does it last the whole day (to midnight) without recharge?

6. This is not a question, but a note to BlackBerry. Guys, seriously, this is your last chance, your last "flagship phone", a 6000+ employees company, and you still can't get a simple little Android app (BlackBerry Hub) working right? 3 software engineers can develop a pixel perfect hub app in 1 month (max), how can you go so wrong with it? I am seriously disappointed. Also, what's with the stupid slide up and right thing? it takes time and access to the Hub should be effortless! Why don't you implement a simple swipe left just like the BBOS 10? How difficult is that?! that's a 3 days work! for one engineer! And seriously, not syncing read messages between Android and the Hub... God! I sometime don't understand how you guys work...

Thanks anyway Privberry!
    smh questions 3 through have 5 have been answered
    3) no the battery is sealed in common knowledge (3410 mah btw)
    4) again yes its at the top and was demoed in a promotional video as a feature
    5) in a previous post he talked about how long it lasts from a 60 or 70% charge i believe he got whole day usage read back for more info

1 and 2 may have been answered but i knw he said the speaker is loud just not as high quality as a previous BB device hopes he answers you though.
    mnns and MO3iusONE like this.
    11-02-15 03:56 PM
    He already said that the hub need improvement.
    I know that, I said I know that. And since that is the case I'm asking if the difference is so big, does he think BlackBerry 10 users will be very unhappy or will we adjust.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:02 PM
    So just so I am sure, BlackBerry Remember is phased out on the Priv? Is any app sacred to the small business owner at heart? Over 700,000 entries in Remember and 2.5+ years into BlackBerry 10 from the great day of January 30, 2013, now more craziness with transfers, this and that and more for the sake of mediocrity flourishing everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:14 PM
    So just so I am sure, BlackBerry Remember is phased out on the Priv? Is any app sacred to the small business owner at heart? Over 700,000 entries in Remember and 2.5+ years into BlackBerry 10 from the great day of January 30, 2013, now more craziness with transfers, this and that and more for the sake of mediocrity flourishing everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    As stated before, Remember entries get ported over to something, although I'm not sure what.

It would have been wise had you used Evernote folders instead of device-only folders.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    jakie55 likes this.
    11-02-15 04:17 PM
    4. This is not a question, but a note to BlackBerry. Guys, seriously, this is your last chance, your last "flagship phone", a 6000+ employees company, and you still can't get a simple little Android app (BlackBerry Hub) working right? 3 software engineers can develop a pixel perfect hub app in 1 month (max), how can you go so wrong with it? I am seriously disappointed. Also, what's with the stupid slide up and right thing? it takes time and access to the Hub should be effortless! Why don't you implement a simple swipe left just like the BBOS 10? How difficult is that?! that's a 3 days work! for one engineer! And seriously, not syncing read messages between Android and the Hub... God! I sometime don't understand how you guys work...

Thanks anyway Privberry!
    Lol, instead of posting this in CB, where there's a < 0.01% chance BlackBerry will read your comments, why not tweet BlackBerry.. email them...find a way to direct this to them. talking big on CB won't further their development.
    11-02-15 04:21 PM
    Good point. My belief in BB10 led me to believe otherwise for years to come as I come from the early days of QNX>Playbook. What an incredible OS. Now, more uncertainty and anguish all for the sake of a dollar/profitability...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:28 PM
    This has been an interesting thread to follow.
    From the sounds of it the Priv is unrefined. It needs more work.
    The HUB is a major issue. Hopefully the Blackberry crew can develop a similar hub experience to BB10.
    I think I will sit this one out, wait until the Priv becomes more refined and polished.
    My next phone will definitely be the Passport SE.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-02-15 04:30 PM
    Can you post a couple of outdoor, indoor, evening, night photos or maybe even up a short vid; all in the highest resolution?
    You can remove any exif data if you want, I just want to see the quality of the cam.
    Thanks.
    11-02-15 04:46 PM
    If the Hub doesn't work like it does on BB10, then I'm out. I can live without the peeking, but if you can't respond to a text within the Hub, then it's useless. That's the whole point of it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    Barbareren and montberry like this.
    11-02-15 05:06 PM
    Hi. Is there a built in call, sms blocker?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:08 PM
    Okay, that's a good one. ^^

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:21 PM
    Can you take a screen shot or post which apps have the "pop-up widget" option?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:22 PM
    Didn't we hear just the other day that the apps for the Priv in Google Play were updated?

Including the Hub app?

I wonder if the OP has updated them yet, and noted any improvements?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:39 PM
    Yes I saw this on the main page a week or so ago,thank you for the link. But I was wondering if our nice friend had used anything special to do so and how it worked for him...or anyone else who has went from OS10 to Android in the past.

Posted via CB10
    I moved from a Z30 to a Nexus 5 before that app was released.
    I used an app called 'ContactsIMEx' to export my contacts on the Z30. The only reason that I used that app was because it was the first one that I saw that could export to a .vcf or .csv file.
    The Contacts app on android can accept either file for import.
    Once they are on your Android phone, you can export to .vcf/.csv, you can manage your contacts on the phone or you can manage them on Gmail (if you chose to sync the contacts with Google)

I should note that, I "unlinked" all of my contacts first, before exporting them. I also turned off syncing for Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In , etc before I did the export because I wanted just the contacts from my Z30.
    Your best bet is to export as a .csv first, that way you can eyeball the file and make sure it contains ALL of the contacts.
    11-02-15 05:50 PM
    Didn't we hear just the other day that the apps for the Priv in Google Play were updated?

Including the Hub app?

I wonder if the OP has updated them yet, and noted any improvements?

Posted via CB10
    Priv apps were updated on 26OCT and OP stated he had incorporated those.
    11-02-15 06:12 PM
849 ... 2425262728 ...