What about leaked OS'es of BB10 which aren't released it by BlackBerry? Is it stealing or leak?

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry charged for the OS then yes it would be stealing.
    I support the developers, not the thieves.
    Mecca EL and zephyr613 like this.
    11-02-15 06:19 AM
    Let me ask you some few questions about taking android applications for free.

Since when is it stealing or piracy if you (As a user) are not responsible for placing android premium apps via blogsites, torrents and all other links by unknown sources on the internet and all users has the permission of access for free downloads and get the android premium apps for free.

Does that make you (as a user) by definition a thief? I think not.

The way I see it, I honestly think it's a leak instead of stealing or piracy if anybody has granted access to unknown sources on the internet and it is open sources by Google Inc.

Exactly my point.

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow

You need a dictionary for Christmas
    Mecca EL and StephenUSA like this.
    Closed for review
    Jimmysmoulder422 likes this.
    [WARN]
    A number of off-topic and/or disruptive posts (and where they were quoted) have been deleted.

This thread is a Q&A about features of the Priv -- not a thread to discuss the definition of piracy, or to make personal comments about each other. If you cannot participate in the Q&A in a civil manner, move on to another thread.

To be absolutely clear, no further discussion of the piracy of paid apps for free will be accepted. This is 100% against Mobile Nations Community Rules and Guidelines. [/WARN]

Please continue with the Q&A.
    darkehawke, Xaiux, bakron1 and 6 others like this.
    11-02-15 06:46 AM
    I would like to know how the multitasking is compare bb10

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:01 AM
    I'm starting to get cold feet wondering if I'm going to miss too much from my BlackBerry 10 phones. Hub seems like it will be very different, significantly not as good, and no flow.

How different do you think the Hub and user experience in terms of Flow is on Priv?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:04 AM
    I'm starting to get cold feet wondering if I'm going to miss too much from my BlackBerry 10 phones. Hub seems like it will be very different, significantly not as good, and no flow.

How different do you think the Hub and user experience in terms of Flow is on Priv?

Posted via CB10
    He already said that the hub need improvement.
    11-02-15 07:11 AM
    Let me ask you some few questions about taking android applications for free.

Since when is it stealing or piracy if you (As a user) are not responsible for placing android premium apps via blogsites, torrents and all other links by unknown sources on the internet and all users has the permission of access for free downloads and get the android premium apps for free.

Does that make you (as a user) by definition a thief? I think not.

The way I see it, I honestly think it's a leak instead of stealing or piracy if anybody has granted access to unknown sources on the internet and it is open sources by Google Inc.

Exactly my point.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you install malware on your Priv, and it hard bricks, and your warranty is denied.
    11-02-15 07:12 AM
    [WARN]
    A number of off-topic and/or disruptive posts (and where they were quoted) have been deleted.

This thread is a Q&A about features of the Priv -- not a thread to discuss the definition of piracy, or to make personal comments about each other. If you cannot participate in the Q&A in a civil manner, move on to another thread.

To be absolutely clear, no further discussion of the piracy of paid apps for free will be accepted. This is 100% against Mobile Nations Community Rules and Guidelines. [/WARN]

Please continue with the Q&A.
    Understood sir.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:44 AM
    I hope you install malware on your Priv, and it hard bricks, and your warranty is denied.
    That would be a very secure thing for a phone to do, brick when it detects malware so it cannot actually do anything harmful or intercept any data.

Now ontopic, is privberry still answering questions? Did he already answer these (on mobile, difficult to check):
    - Does the Hub automatically file -emails- to certain folders like BB10 (smart learning behaviour)?
    - is there any way for Tasks to show up in the Hub already? For that matter is there a stock/default task manager?
    - for BBM, can you change individual/group/voice/channel notifications settings separately?
    - for BBM, can you remove/hide certain group chats from the Hub?
    - for BBM, does it show the new BBM emoticons in the Hub, or does it shows the ascii art like BB10?

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.

EDIT: for those that say "there are millions of apps for that, you can build Android any way you want" (files, tasks, notes, music shortcuts, etc.), that's not the point. The point is built-in option for these things will always be able to integrate more deeply into the OS and be more optimised to the hardware. That's why the "BlackBerry Experience" is so satisfying on BlackBerry10 devices, it was designed specifically for them.
    If anything the issues with the Hub mentioned by privberry are a perfect example of that, even though it comes pre-installed with the device, it is still a third party app as far as Android is concerned so it will have limitations.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 11-02-15 at 08:17 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-15 07:52 AM
    - for BBM, can you change individual/group/voice/channel notifications settings separately?
    I'd say no on this one, as it's an Android BBM.. but the rest I'd be interested
    11-02-15 07:54 AM
    I'm pushing it - any sign of something like Profiles - so one can setup different modes of notifications and sound? I believe Android already has something of their own, but it's been a while since I last touched it.
    11-02-15 07:55 AM
    I was reading about blend like apps... since Blend has not been found on the Priv... can you try AirDroid.... see if all features work or does it need root access? Which if it does need root access this will also not be a replacement for blend...

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    11-02-15 08:00 AM
    I was reading about blend like apps... since Blend has not been found on the Priv... can you try AirDroid.... see if all features work or does it need root access? Which if it does need root access this will also not be a replacement for blend...

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    Check out pushbullet as well, that acts like more of a messenger/note synchroniser now and has crossplatform/desktop apps.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    11-02-15 08:03 AM
    Who are you PrivBerry? Bla1ze or Kevin?
    dmlis likes this.
    11-02-15 08:11 AM
    No worry sir. I haven't got BlackBerry Priv (Not yet till authum/spring or summer 2016) and there are productivity apps like Anti-Virus for Android/BlackBerry smartphones who will do the jobs for detecting, blocking & removing mal-, spy-, adwares, virusses & rootkits etc for the protection.

DTEK is an addition or extra build-in software package of security by BlackBerry with options for privileges and privacy settings.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-15 08:13 AM
    Who are you PrivBerry? Bla1ze or Kevin?
    Do you really think they would say who?
    11-02-15 08:14 AM
    Is the display brighter than the Z30 or the Q10 which were notorious for dim displays? Bright enough to burn you eyeballs? BlackBerry has limited AMOLED brightness in BlackBerry 10 as proven by Android apps such as Cardstar. I need BRIGHT!
    11-02-15 08:51 AM
    Not sure if you've answered this but, i will ask any way.

What keyboard do you find yourself using normally?
    11-02-15 09:17 AM
    Thanks, Privberry for your commitment and patience.
    One thing I need to know is how, if you did, transfer all you data from your Passport to your Priv? Will Blackberry Desktop Software work with the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:59 AM
    How did the Priv feel in your hand? The materials, do they make the phone feel like a premium phone? Did it feel delicate or durable?
    Is the display brighter than the Z30 or the Q10 which were notorious for dim displays? Bright enough to burn you eyeballs? BlackBerry has limited AMOLED brightness in BlackBerry 10 as proven by Android apps such as Cardstar. I need BRIGHT!
    I played with a Priv in Waterloo yesterday, and I use a Z30 as my every day device. I am pretty sure the screen was dimmer at the low end and brighter at the high end than my Z30.
    Not sure if you've answered this but, i will ask any way.

What keyboard do you find yourself using normally?
    He did. He said the pkb, but if he is sending short replies, he will quickly use the vkb.

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    I played with a Priv in Waterloo yesterday, and I use a Z30 as my every day device. I am pretty sure the screen was dimmer at the low end and brighter at the high end than my Z30.
    Okay good. I hate how bright phones are when I wake up in the morning in the dark and they burn my retinas out.
    Egod101 and Xaiux like this.
    11-02-15 10:03 AM
    Put some sunglasses when you wake up...lol
    11-02-15 10:05 AM
849 ... 2223242526 ...