Yes but we don't support piracy here, and any other forums, even xda. Simple question you could have asked is does Priv allow development mode to enable installation of unknown sources APK??
    Yes I could ask that question but I like to be specific and now that I know there's a way that it can install any apps and games (Even it is piracy and allowed to install from unknown sources) outside the Google Play Store in the BB Priv.

My whole, main and only reason is that I've had with apps who has advertisments and commercials built-in it. I'm not a developer and as a user I don't buy premium apps and/or games often via the Google Play Store.
    Just because of that, It could be a rip off from buying premium apps who doesn't function properly.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:17 PM
    Yes I could ask that question but I like to be specific and now that I know there's a way that it can install any apps and games (Even it is piracy and allowed to install from unknown sources) outside the Google Play Store in the BB Priv.

My whole, main and only reason is that I've had with apps who has advertisments and commercials built-in it. I'm not a developer and as a user I don't buy premium apps and/or games often via the Google Play Store.
    Just because of that, It could be a rip off from buying premium apps who doesn't function properly.

Posted via CB10
    If it doesn't function, you can return it for a refund.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 07:20 PM
    BB10 is an integrated file manager of the BB10 OS. I know Android users who updated their droid OS and screwed up their files from their 3rd party file manager apps......big difference
    How would that even happen?
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-01-15 07:22 PM
    How do you switch between languages?
    (BB10 is alt+enter)
    11-01-15 07:22 PM
    OK but downloading apps from unreliable sources is how you acquire malware or Stagefright type of dangers. And then people complain about Android security & spread fear, uncertainty & doubt all over the place.
    11-01-15 07:25 PM
    On BB10? It pretty much does it on it's own.

Go to Settings/ Language and Input / Input Languages / Make sure the Multilingual Language Input is on and add the languages you and with the Add/Remove Languages at the bottom of the screen.

In my case it shows English(CA) and Fran�ais(CA).

I can write one sentence in English and my phone will offer me English words and keep on writing in French in the next sentence and my phone will automatically offer words in French. It will automatically auto-correct the words in either languages. If I type "responsable" in a French sentence, it will stay "responsable" and not be auto-corrected to responsible.

I love Blackberry.
    11-01-15 07:48 PM
    If it doesn't function, you can return it for a refund.
    True, but why (Me as a user) should I do it the official way if I'm capable and have the possibility to take and access premium apps with benefits from unknown souress on the internet?

Personally It saves me for spending money for buying premium apps.

I mean there are thousends, millions of users who'll do what I do and that doesn't make sense at all. Because someone in the CB forum mentioned about the D-Tek security software that's having an option that you can turn off the services of D-Tek.

Understand this: Like Android is a large scale all over the places through the whole real world, digital,virtual worlds and full lack of security.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:49 PM
    How do you switch between languages?
    (BB10 is alt+enter)
    On Android usually when you have multiple languages, there's a keyboard icon in the top drawer. Or sometimes the keyboard itself has a globe icon to take you to the language switch menu.
    11-01-15 07:50 PM
    Does it have BB10 ring tones and other alerts? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:55 PM
    On BB10? It pretty much does it on it's own.

Go to Settings/ Language and Input / Input Languages / Make sure the Multilingual Language Input is on and add the languages you and with the Add/Remove Languages at the bottom of the screen.

In my case it shows English(CA) and Fran�ais(CA).

I can write one sentence in English and my phone will offer me English words and keep on writing in French in the next sentence and my phone will automatically offer words in French. It will automatically auto-correct the words in either languages. If I type "responsable" in a French sentence, it will stay "responsable" and not be auto-corrected to responsible.

I love Blackberry.
    I also make use of this constantly. I really hope that since BlackBerry has recreated their bb10 keyboard for the Priv, that it includes ALL the functionality we're used to.

Posted via CB10
    leezlake likes this.
    Its basically an impossible discussion because no two individuals are carrying the same device - you'd need stock vs stock vs stock over a period of time to make sense of it - and that never happens.
    Precisely, this whole thread is ridiculous.

It's all one person so called opinion.

Let's all wait a few more days.

A lot of bashers are hiding as device holders

Posted via CB10
    What does the middle button do? Is it possible to set it up as a pause button?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 08:38 PM
    Apologies if this has been asked before, I've had a look through but missed it if it has. Is there and feeling that the phone is toppling away from you (top heavy) when you type with the keyboard down?

Also, and apologies again as this is VERY subjective, the screen, is it superior to the Passport? For me I love the oversaturated Samsung effect with amoled so I'm expecting it to pop more than the Passport. I had a galaxy Edge and the curve and strange not normal glass material gave it an uplifted effect that I loved. I much preferred the SG Edge to, say, the colder LG G4.
    11-01-15 08:39 PM
    I use Aqua Mail on my Android phone for email. It works well enough and it has good support from the developer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...AquaMail&hl=en
    Ooh, so did I, until an Android poster wrote a huge blog on which email clients are NOT secure or as private as you'd think. AquaMail is One of the Bad ones.
    11-01-15 09:10 PM
    Can it allow installation of APK from outside sources?

If yes BUT DTEK blocks it, can you make it so that DTEK can allow your installation? This is important for me.

If BB10OS allows it I don't see why Android wouldn't, even with DTEK.
    11-01-15 09:14 PM
    Can it allow installation of APK from outside sources?

If yes BUT DTEK blocks it, can you make it so that DTEK can allow your installation? This is important for me.

If BB10OS allows it I don't see why Android wouldn't, even with DTEK.
    Yes it allow you
    xs27 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 09:18 PM
    Does the mobile hotspot stay active while you are in a phone call?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 09:54 PM
    No manual camera settings... this is a bummer.

I'm still prob 'in', but like everyone I am hoping it will tick my personal set of 'boxes'.
    Can't you download different camera apps that will allow manual camera settings?
    11-01-15 10:03 PM
    Yes it allow you
    Really? That's awesome! I was worried that DTEK would just outright prevent installation and running of apps outside playstore.
    11-01-15 10:14 PM
    Do keyboard shortcuts work in email?
    Especially the ones that were absent from original 10.1 and ones that are still absent in current 10.3.2. For example does I work to file emails and when file to dialog is open, is it ready to type or does it want you to tap on the text box before you can type? How about hitting Enter once you type a folder, or does it expect you to reach up and touch the folder? How about Next Unread/Previous Unread (since pinch to filter does not work)
    11-01-15 10:26 PM
    If you switch off the SMS notifications in the Messenger app you do not get a tone or vibrate or popup when an SMS arrives. So yes you can have SMS appear silently in the Hub without notifying you but that is all.

The keyboard is slightly wider than the Q10 but the individual keys are less tall than the Q10. It is perfectly comfortable to type on after the standard getting used to period when you change Blackberries!

Superbly balanced. Cannot fault the hardware.

Yes - color balance and saturation can be amended.

It is bright and clear. What I particularly like compared with the Q10 screen is that any black on the screen (for example if you have the clock appear while charging) is genuine pure deep black.

Sheets, Slides, Docs by Google.

Without fail I pop out the physical keyboard. Sometimes if I am typing one word replies I will use the virtual keyboard but usually it is physical all the way. Typing is a dream. What else would you expect from a Blackberry. You can swipe down on the PKB to bring up punctuation just like on the Passport if you dont feel like using the ALT key. That also means one hand typing is easier. The best Blackberry keyboard EVER. Keyboard also works to move text cursor.
    That keyboard part might suck me right in... :-)

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    Skyforever likes this.
    11-01-15 11:16 PM
    Can you please send screenshots of the music player? It is really important for music lovers like myself.
    ahmedhanif911 and bbfanatic11 like this.
    11-01-15 11:28 PM
    Can you please send screenshots of the music player? It is really important for music lovers like myself.
    There are dozens, if not hundreds, of music players at Google Play Store. Use whichever one fits your needs.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    MO3iusONE and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 11:40 PM

Poweramp is the best one
    11-01-15 11:43 PM
    Does it have custom LED?!

Beproud
    11-02-15 12:38 AM
849 ... 2021222324 ...