Does it have bedsidemode

Posted via CB10
    FWIW: I have a Nexus 4 running on latest Lollipop and there is a night mode which can be selected. You add the built in Widget for the clock and you can turn on Night Mode from there. After Widget is moved to the active icon screen of your choice, tap the clock, tap the three dots upper right, then tap on Night Mode.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 05:40 PM
    FWIW: I have a Nexus 4 running on latest Lollipop and there is a night mode which can be selected. You add the built in Widget for the clock and you can turn on Night Mode from there. After Widget is moved to the active icon screen of your choice, tap the clock, tap the three dots upper right, then tap on Night Mode.
    I have it on my Nexus 7, but never noticed it before. Thanks!
    11-01-15 05:47 PM
    Can you sideload and/or directly install an APK-file (Even if some APK-files has modifications of patches or not) within the BlackBerry Priv outside the Google Play Store?

Because I don't like free APK apps and games with ads and commercials build-in it and I prefer the most premium APK apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 05:48 PM
    Someone else asked this but there hasn't been a reply, is there bedside mode?

Also, is it useable with one hand?
    There is through lollipop, add clock widget, tap clock, tap triple dots then tap night mode.
    11-01-15 05:55 PM
    @PrivBerry I believe you mentioned the sound was like Passport but louder. Does the Priv have Natural Sound found in Z30? Can you hear the difference just curious I believe I read this on the spec sheet listed on BlackBerry site. Been reading this thread all day good job and thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 05:58 PM
    I thought I made it clear in my post, compared to the Blackberry Passport, which the OP has. Trying to figure it out if the Priv is more efficient running Android apps in regards to battery life than the Passport is due to being on the BB10 platform.

Posted via CB10
    That's fine, but how could you possibly isolate the information you want?

You are comparing an 801 Snapdragon, on a BB10 device, running an Android Runtime with a pure Android device with an 808.

Of course the Priv is more "efficient" running Android code, but a lot of other things are happening too.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-01-15 06:03 PM
    Can you sideload and/or directly install an APK-file (Even if some APK-files has modifications of patches or not) within the BlackBerry Priv outside the Google Play Store?

Because I don't like free APK apps and games with ads and commercials build-in it and I prefer the most premium APK apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    Wait...what?
    ankitchahal likes this.
    11-01-15 06:05 PM
    Wait...what?
    He's asking about downloading an apk outside of the Play Store. The answer is yes.
    11-01-15 06:07 PM
    He's asking about downloading an apk outside of the Play Store. The answer is yes.
    I got that part. How do you sideload a premium app without stealing it, THAT'S the part I didn't get?
    ankitchahal likes this.
    11-01-15 06:09 PM
    unless dtek prevents Priv from installing apps from unknown resources?
    11-01-15 06:10 PM
    Half of my clients speak English and the other half speaks French. One of the most important BB10 feature for me is the ability to use 2 different languages and autocorrect will keep up with me.

Can I enable both French and English on the Priv?

Thanks

Caroline
    Proud owner of the same Z10 since January 2013.
    11-01-15 06:18 PM
    Could you tell me which vpn works on the priv?

Posted via CB10
    FWIW: any in the play store dude.
    11-01-15 06:21 PM
    Ok I will ask you a question about the Priv, send me and the rest of the world the youtube link of you handling the Priv and turning the power switch to "on".
    Please and Thank you, Today is November 1, 2015.
    Man, some people.. Just be glad he's answering questions. We'll have the Priv in about a week. Relax.
    Brandon Tobias and blackmoe like this.
    11-01-15 06:21 PM
    There isn't one question mark in your reply that lets me know you asked a question. You made a statement, demanding the information.
    That was the word I was looking for. Demand. So many people demanding stuff from this dude.

I'm just glad he's still answering questions.

Thanks privberry!
    Xaiux, blackmoe and privberry like this.
    11-01-15 06:24 PM
    Thank You its been insightful, but I *think* it's gonna be a BBPP for me.

Fully functional Hub and I can reinstall all my paid apps with ease.
    By the time I am ready to change the BBPP, the Priv might be closer to what I want.

Thanks again

Digicel STL100-1 10.3.2.2474
    11-01-15 06:32 PM
    I got that part. How do you sideload a premium app without stealing it, THAT'S the part I didn't get?
    That's what he's asking: "I don't like free apps nor paying for apps, can I install my pirated apps on this device?" or "can I modify .apks to remove ads and unlock paid features and then still install it?"

And I hope privberry just ignores it.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    Mecca EL and gvs1341 like this.
    11-01-15 06:41 PM
    That's fine, but how could you possibly isolate the information you want?

You are comparing an 801 Snapdragon, on a BB10 device, running an Android Runtime with a pure Android device with an 808.

Of course the Priv is more "efficient" running Android code, but a lot of other things are happening too.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    I'm not looking to isolate anything. If the OP has the Passport and runs Android apps he knows it's a drain on the battery of the Passport. If he is using the Priv the same way with the same apps, then he'll notice the difference, like if the Priv battery is draining as quickly as the Passport.

"Of course the Priv is more efficient" - I'd rather hear it from the OP than hear it from someone who is assuming it's more efficient. So, why don't you let the OP answer, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:42 PM
    BB10 is an integrated file manager of the BB10 OS. I know Android users who updated their droid OS and screwed up their files from their 3rd party file manager apps......big difference
    BB10QNX likes this.
    11-01-15 06:43 PM
    Any battery saving mode on priv?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 06:47 PM
    In the beginning there were times that you can sideload both free and premium android apps through the development mode if your device was connected via USB on PC or MAC back then. Nowadays you can now install any APK-Files directly.

In the development mode, you could give your proper local IP address for your device for the location and reconization.

After that.. within the proces, there are also applications on the internet or software program's for PC and MAC that you have to convert any Android APK-File to BAR-File and then installed it directly to your device.

That is how you sideload a APK-file (Even it is a Premium or Free app or game for Android).

About the premium apps, you can get it for free from unknown sources like Google.com, Dropbox, Mega, File and Share websites, Blogsites who stores Premium Apps with free links on it.

Now do you get it?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:48 PM
    In the beginning there were times that you can sideload both free and premium android apps through the development mode if your device was connected via USB on PC or MAC back then. Nowadays you can now install any APK-Files directly.

In the development mode, you could give your proper local IP address for your device for the location and reconization.

After that.. within the proces, there are also applications on the internet or software program's for PC and MAC that you have to convert any Android APK-File to BAR-File and then installed it directly to your device.

That is how you sideload a APK-file (Even it is a Premium or Free app or game for Android).

About the premium apps, you can get it for free from unknown sources like Google.com, Dropbox, Mega, File and Share websites, Blogsites who stores Premium Apps with free links on it.

Now do you get it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes but we don't support piracy here, and any other forums, even xda. Simple question you could have asked is does Priv allow development mode to enable installation of unknown sources APK??
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    11-01-15 06:51 PM
    BB10 is an integrated file manager of the BB10 OS. I know Android users who updated their droid OS and screwed up their files from their 3rd party file manager apps......big difference
    never heard of such a thing in the past 5 years of using android on and off. 3rd party file managers can integrate just the same as BB file manager without any issues
    11-01-15 06:52 PM
    I'm happy to answer some questions this morning.
    1) can I "share" an email to the tasks app for follow up like BB10?

2) how has the remember app been presented on Priv OS?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:54 PM
    To PrivBerry.

If you wanna make a printscreen or screenshot within the device of BB Priv android OS software,

Do you have to use both volume keys or download an app from the Google Play Store to create a screenshot?

Or you have an option to choose and/or use both ways of making screenshots?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:55 PM
    volume down and power....standard android screenshot for a couple years now
    To PrivBerry.

If you wanna make a printscreen or screenshot within the device of BB Priv android OS software,

Do you have to use both volume keys or download an app from the Google Play Store to create a screenshot?

Or you have an option to choose and/or use both ways of making screenshots?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 06:57 PM
849 ... 1920212223 ...