With most Android apps, you can turn off the notifications, so that would prevent the notifications in the standard Android notification shade. However, privberry mentioned that turning them off means no sound/vibrate for the Hub notification. This would be a shameful oversight on BB's part.
    That isn't BBRY's fault - Unless I've misunderstood the compliance docs, they have no control over that as an OEM because how the notification works are set by Google. If you turn off notification for an app that is a system wide thing that an entirely different app (in this case hub) cannot overwrite.

I think the struggle some of you are having is that Hub on Android isn't part of an OS - it's an app with no more privileges (no pun intended) than a flash-light app.

This is a neccessary evil when you use someone's else OS where they set the rules.
    11-01-15 10:40 AM
    @Privberry

For notification duplicates, let's say for SMS notifications, can you turn it off at Android side so SMS notification only comes out in HUB, not the notification pull down menu?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    privberry says that turns off the sound/vibrate. Major fail if that's the case.
    11-01-15 10:43 AM
    I have this theory that privberry = blaze or kevin lol

Posted via CB10
    Impossible. They would not be where they are without certain level of integrity.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 10:47 AM
    Privberry responded as below, HUB notification is based on Android notification system... Now BlackBerry just have to figure out a way to change the notification status of another app so it can update Android notification after user dealt with the notification through HUB.
    They should have figured it out before launch.
    11-01-15 10:49 AM
    Priv use Blend?
    You read thread?
    Xaiux, donnation and Ealaionta like this.
    11-01-15 10:50 AM
    The most important question has not been answered (or I missed it, LOL):

Does Hub "learn" where you file email, and suggest the right folder when filing a similar message?

This is the #1 best, most important feature of BB10 Hub.
    11-01-15 10:54 AM
    You can press and hold on the photo in the corner, and options to edit, delete and share pop up.
    Is there a drag to expand preview like BB10?
    11-01-15 11:13 AM
    @PrivBerry, I hope you had applied the latest updates before you went through this exercise - Based on twitter comments from @shahriyarali to @evleaks tweet, Google Play Store does not notify about updates for unreleased products - once updates are applied, per @shahriyarali, everything seems to be working fine...

Could you please confirm this? I think based on your review, @evleaks calls Priv as BlackBerry's giant beta test...
    Last edited by oneinfiniteloop; 11-01-15 at 11:33 AM.
    11-01-15 11:20 AM
    E-X-A-C-T-L-Y-!
    Yes.

At this point, listen to the FACTS ignore the opinion. Store the affirmatives ("yes, the setting is there") note the negatives ("no, I couldn't find it").
    bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 11:22 AM
    you have been bashing the Priv since the start stating how much better the competitors were, so you didn't made your mind now and you're doing a terrific effort in trying to get nobody to buy it... lol
    11-01-15 11:25 AM
    @PrivBerry, I hope you had applied the latest updates before you went through this exercise - Based on twitter comments from @shahriyarali to @evleaks tweet, Google Play Store does not notify about updates for unreleased products - once updates are applied, per @shahriyarali, everything seems to be working fine...

Could you please confirm this? I think based on your review @evleaks calls this as BlackBerry's giant beta test...
    If he didn't, like' leaks' friend, and presumably both tech-savvy, can you imagine what's going to happen with Mr. Average on friday?
    11-01-15 11:31 AM
    Presumably privberry had updated, but still is not getting the Hub experience as promised in the playstore (all social media etc in one place incl twitter etc)
    I couldn't find this mentioned in the Play Store. Care to point us to the official description before this rumor turns into another "broken promise" that BlackBerry never made?
    bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 11:31 AM
    If he didn't, like' leaks' friend, and presumably both tech-savvy, can you imagine what's going to happen with Mr. Average on friday?
    Remember this isn't actually launched yet - I would be amazed if it doesn't update the apps out of the box, I have never had an android device that doesn't do that.
    11-01-15 11:33 AM
    I couldn't find this mentioned in the Play Store. Care to point us to the official description before this rumor turns into another "broken promise" that BlackBerry never made?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erry.hub&hl=en

"The BlackBerry� Hub brings your communications into one place so you can manage your messages in one location. Connecting with your friends and colleagues has never been more simple. You can quickly organize and take action on email, text and BBM messages, phone calls, social media notifications, calendar invitations and more –directly from your message list. Previously a BlackBerry� 10 exclusive, the BlackBerry Hub was proclaimed the industry’s best communications app. Once you experience the BlackBerry Hub, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
    Key Features:
    • Compose email messages and social posts, or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
    • Use Conversation View for a clear view of all the messages in a conversation with the latest message always open for quick review
    • Snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
    • Quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts File email messages and manage all your folders
    • Search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
    • Peek into your calendar to see your next five meetings
    • Quickly identify unread messages via the red BlackBerry spark indicator"

Updated 26OCT2015
    Last edited by mmmmm127; 11-01-15 at 11:39 AM. Reason: update date added
    tmf06 likes this.
    11-01-15 11:34 AM
    @mmmmm127 comment...

@mmmmm127, I believe, when Priv is released, the end user experience will very likely be different - these app. updates will be pushed to the device automatically.

We will see how this goes when the Priv is released this Friday...
    tmf06 likes this.
    11-01-15 11:38 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erry.hub&hl=en

"The BlackBerry� Hub brings your communications into one place so you can manage your messages in one location. Connecting with your friends and colleagues has never been more simple. You can quickly organize and take action on email, text and BBM messages, phone calls, social media notifications, calendar invitations and more –directly from your message list. Previously a BlackBerry� 10 exclusive, the BlackBerry Hub was proclaimed the industry’s best communications app. Once you experience the BlackBerry Hub, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
    Key Features:
    • Compose email messages and social posts, or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
    • Use Conversation View for a clear view of all the messages in a conversation with the latest message always open for quick review
    • Snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
    • Quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts File email messages and manage all your folders
    • Search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
    • Peek into your calendar to see your next five meetings
    • Quickly identify unread messages via the red BlackBerry spark indicator"

Updated 26OCT2015
    I cannot find "twitter" or "all social media" in there anywhere.
    11-01-15 11:40 AM
    look at their image
    11-01-15 11:41 AM
    I cannot find "twitter" or "all social media" in there anywhere.
    I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-uploadfromtaptalk1446399893955.jpg

There's a twitter dm
    11-01-15 11:45 AM
    Privberry, when you disable the system notifications in order to eliminate dupes, did you turn them all off? Are you sure you did not also disable the hubs own notifications as well?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:53 AM
    Privberry, when you disable the system notifications in order to eliminate dupes, did you turn them all off? Are you sure you did not also disable the hubs own notifications as well?

Posted via CB10
    Also did you do an update for the Hub after the 26th OCT ? and if not, can you try just that and see if Hub gets modified?
    11-01-15 11:55 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446399893955.jpg 
Views:	2133 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	378520

There's a twitter dm
    Well, twitter was listed as a dependent to "all social media" and neither of which was listed as a feature. Carefully worded I might add.

I must have read over the fact that you cannot get a Twitter DM in the Android Hub. I look forward to a proper review of the Android Hub for sure.
    11-01-15 11:58 AM
    Darn... thanks

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    It may not be there now but I bet it will be coming in subsequent updates to the OS.
    11-01-15 11:58 AM
    Well, twitter was listed as a dependent to "all social media" and neither of which was listed as a feature. Carefully worded I might add.

I must have read over the fact that you cannot get a Twitter DM in the Android Hub. I look forward to a proper review of the Android Hub for sure.
    my poetic licence
    11-01-15 12:00 PM
    I don't use droid much but in BB10.. we have options for dark calendar, contacts, text, BBM, and whatsapp.... are those options available?

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    Since your not an android user I'll answer this...Blackberry and its developers no longer need to create "themes" for you. Everything is customizable from Android itself....colors, fonts, background colors, where you place programs on your screen(s)...Blackberry itself won't be creating any of those for you like they need to on their BB operating systems. If you are new to Android pick up one of those (many) introductory books on it, read through it now, and you'll be surprised what you can customize. Same goes for folks coming to the Priv from iOS, where you also can not customize things. If you've only been using a BB economy, you simply won't believe what Android can do.
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-01-15 12:02 PM
    Thanks for doing this. I have read this entire thing.

I have a question that I don't believe has been asked yet.

What's your favorite color?

Mine is personally green.

Thanks in advance.
    ubizmo, Xaiux, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    11-01-15 12:03 PM
849 ... 1617181920 ...