Priv use Blend?
    11-01-15 09:32 AM
    ^^^I think he said no
    11-01-15 09:33 AM
    Buttery smooth. Lag is hard to describe other than "you know it when you feel it". I have not been annoyed by the snappiness of the Priv. Feels good. As for bugs I have described some Hub issues in this topic.

It is limited. You can type "text Mom" but not "text Mom I am going to be late".
    Whatspp, Facebook, Twitter have no integration.
    You can not type "remind me to buy milk" or "wake me in an hour".

No.

47 seconds.

The 'Buttons' menu is not on the Priv.

If you turn it off Android side you do not get a sound alert or LED light. It has to be on Android side. The Hub just pulls in a list of the SMS messages.

You can remove the Google Widget from the home screen easily. If you disable Google in the app setting and swipe up, the Google icon in the middle is replaced by a magnifying glass. If you install Mozilla browser you can put Mozilla Search here.
    Wonder if you can, or will be able to, set up Hub to ding or vibrate when it pulls in the new message, thus allowing you to hide/silence the default notification system for email, sms, and BBM. That would be a fair compromise if HUB will never be a full notification replacement.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:33 AM
    Evleaks says that his buddy says that the PRIV is buggy. Is it?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    There's a whole thread on this, but this is the latest highlight:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12034253
    11-01-15 09:42 AM
    I assumed that too but Privberry mentioned in one of his post that some notifications show up in both hub and Android notifications. And when you read the message in HUB, the Android notification will stay as unread, which will be impossible to clean up for power users.

And in the same post he kind of called HUB need work... I am just here to poke workarounds.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Understandable.
    If you look in the group of screen shots above, you'll see individual notifications can be turned off. Even here again, I have full control over what I want to appear.
    No third party apps were used in this demonstration...
    Attached Thumbnails I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-1446392547730.jpg  
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-01-15 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Its basically an impossible discussion because no two individuals are carrying the same device - you'd need stock vs stock vs stock over a period of time to make sense of it - and that never happens.
    11-01-15 09:46 AM
    I get that some people with androids like to tinker with things. My thing is,as far as the keyboards go, I only tried different ones than stock because the stock one was so bad. Nothing beats BlackBerry. I had a good 5-6 years with android phones before I tried bb10. I hate that we are going to lose this outstanding os eventually. Just doesn't make sense to mess with something that works so dadgum well.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 vkb is going cross platform, you won't miss a thing
    11-01-15 09:46 AM
    Yeah, this is more like a "look, if anything goes all wonky, by using a different keyboard, that's all on you not us."
    11-01-15 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Different folks different strokes, not everyone has zoho hosted mail, google hosted mail, office 365 all in one device etc etc... each user would be different, with varying results... of course.
    11-01-15 09:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Evans buddy didn't update the Priv apps. No bug problems after updating
    bungaboy, tmf06 and Bbnivende like this.
    11-01-15 09:54 AM
    Understandable.
    If you look in the group of screen shots above, you'll see individual notifications can be turned off. Even here again, I have full control over what I want to appear.
    No third party apps were used in this demonstration...
    Privberry responded as below, HUB notification is based on Android notification system... Now BlackBerry just have to figure out a way to change the notification status of another app so it can update Android notification after user dealt with the notification through HUB.

If you turn it off Android side you do not get a sound alert or LED light. It has to be on Android side. The Hub just pulls in a list of the SMS messages.
    11-01-15 09:57 AM
    Evans buddy didn't update the Priv apps. No bug problems after updating
    There isn't actually anything to support that idea either way (unless there are more tweets I missed).
    11-01-15 09:59 AM
    In bbm for Android if I have the app open and I get a notification it doesn't alert me. I get no led or sound or notification. Is that the same with the priv. I have missed messages completely because of this. I remember blackberry notifying you even of the app was open and being used.
    11-01-15 10:00 AM
    Also, why would you want to change it? In the years I used androids I hated the keyboards. BlackBerry has the keyboards whether virtual or physical down to a science. In my opinion there is nothing better. At least virtual I can say that. Never used a pkb before.

Posted via CB10
    Well, there's all kinds of different keyboards. Some people might like using the the swiping or flow feature when typing.

Other keyboards allow you to change the theme of the keyboard (if that's your thing)

Sometimes I type one handed so I like to change the size of my keyboard and shift it a bit to the right so I'm not struggling to reach the other side of the screen.

There's a t9 keyboard if you miss the old days of sending a text from your Nokia.

I always hated Samsung stock keyboard so I would always change it.

I'm eager to try Blackberry's but if I don't like it, I'll just switch to something else.
    11-01-15 10:00 AM
    Privberry can you please upload apks of hub and keyboard. Plzz as soon as possible

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:01 AM
    There isn't actually anything to support that idea either way (unless there are more tweets I missed).
    How's this for support...
    Thanks Ken!
    No third party apps were used in this demonstration
    Attached Thumbnails I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-1446393738920.jpg  
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-01-15 10:02 AM
    I have this theory that privberry = blaze or kevin lol

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:07 AM
    How's this for support...
    Thanks Ken!
    No third party apps were used in this demonstration
    No I saw that - it says nothing at all about if EVoleaks friend had updated the apps or not - it's an unknowable at this point because we don't have the information.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 10:09 AM
    @privberry I hope that you're actually taking these comments and findings back to BlackBerry to have them look into it or at least be aware...

Chatting about it on forums is one thing, but I bet BB could use any info they can get on real world usage quirks.
    11-01-15 10:24 AM
    No I saw that - it says nothing at all about if EVoleaks friend had updated the apps or not - it's an unknowable at this point because we don't have the information.
    E-X-A-C-T-L-Y-!
    Mecca EL and Toodeurep like this.
    11-01-15 10:25 AM
    Presumably privberry had updated, but still is not getting the Hub experience as promised in the playstore (all social media etc in one place incl twitter etc)
    cgk likes this.
    11-01-15 10:26 AM
    Without incorporating texts emails and social media apps (And I realize this would have to be supported by the programs) if what he is mentioning is true, for the most part the hub would be more of an annoyance than an amazing a convenience.

Duplicate notification management meh. I would want to just get rid of it or at least shut off anything that would cause that until it's either integrated or whatever.
    With most Android apps, you can turn off the notifications, so that would prevent the notifications in the standard Android notification shade. However, privberry mentioned that turning them off means no sound/vibrate for the Hub notification. This would be a shameful oversight on BB's part.

Does BBM (which is fully Hub integrated) also suffer from duplicate notifications?
    I can't imagine they got BBM so wrong.

Does it have qc2.0 ? If not how long does it take to fully charge the phone?
    QC 2.0 + 3400 mA should be 1.5 hours to 90% & 2.0 hours to 100%, give or take.

I am eager to know whether Priv has same email capability as BB10 with option to keep emails forever.
    Almost certainly. That's not a BB10 feature. Every email app I've used on Android offers this.

People are getting ahead of themselves and I think we should wait and see the phone ourselves. There are enough people around rubbishing this phone. The Telus run through looks outstanding.
    Disagree. I'll wait, but the Hub in its current state sounds VERY disappointing. Nothing looks outstanding in the Telus run through IMHO.

That's what I hate so much on Android.
    Even the basic functions are not integrated in the OS.
    You MUST load an 3rd party app to have the simplest function??? And then you wondering when the device stutters and slow down.

That's the reason why all are so crazy for apps.

My Z30 has all what I need integrated in BB10.
    No need to load and app to use long press vol. up/down to skip track.
    No need to load an 3rd party filemanager.
    All build in in the OS from the beginning.
    So what? With Android, you can get third party apps for each function and get the phone EXACTLY how you want it. Modern Androids (except Samsung) don't lag anymore. So your info is woefully out of date.

The Hub problems sound pretty severe: lack of proper messaging integration (inability to scroll through conversation message history and reply from within hub for whatsapp, etc.) and duplicate notifications really puts me off purchasing a Priv.

Is there any way we can all convey to Blackberry the severity and implications of this problem so they'll hopefully take note and add this feature fast? A petition perhaps?
    I agree. BB probably knows. But remember they're targeting an Android audience, not a BB10 audience. So they probably think this Hub is "good enough".

BlackBerry hangs its hat on security, privacy, and productivity. That's their value-add in the Android space. That's how they're selling this phone. There's no excuse for BlackBerry not getting the Hub right on release. It may be impossible to fully replicate the BB10 Hub experience, but they need to at least deliver on what they're promising (i.e., one-stop shop for messaging/notifications).
    Agree 100%. No excuse for getting this wrong.
    Vito B likes this.
    11-01-15 10:33 AM
    @privberry I hope that you're actually taking these comments and findings back to BlackBerry to have them look into it or at least be aware...

Chatting about it on forums is one thing, but I bet BB could use any info they can get on real world usage quirks.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were already aware of it. I don't think blackberry had all these privs manufactured and expect to just kick back whole they sell. I'm sure they're costantly updating and trying to improve the Priv, it's apps and this version of Android.
    11-01-15 10:36 AM
    Well, I would rather view posts from someone in a week or so, who can prove they have the phone and not possibly blowing smoke and spreading bad info
    ROLLEYES. Funny when an ostrich puts its head in the sand.
    Last edited by BeetrootJulip; 11-01-15 at 10:53 AM.
    11-01-15 10:39 AM
849 ... 1516171819 ...