The photo wasn't enough?
    Lol, you are being sarcastic right?
    A photo of a phone with current info?

I got a picture of my monorail if you are interested In purchasing from me

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 08:37 AM
    Fair enough - if the photo isnt enough for you its not enough for you. He's a hella of skilled fibber then.
    11-01-15 08:38 AM
    How about picture password?
    Egod101 likes this.
    11-01-15 08:42 AM
    How about picture password?
    Yes it has it
    Vito B likes this.
    11-01-15 08:42 AM
    I'm assuming Hub on Android will be coded correctly, to allow integration of notifications within Android system. Here's a screen shot of my OnePlus One notification settings. No third party apps were used in this demonstration.
    I assumed that too but Privberry mentioned in one of his post that some notifications show up in both hub and Android notifications. And when you read the message in HUB, the Android notification will stay as unread, which will be impossible to clean up for power users.

And in the same post he kind of called HUB need work... I am just here to poke workarounds.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 08:43 AM
    (1) Does it feel really snappy to you?
    (2) When @evleaks speaks of bugs, what could he mean? have you experienced any buginess? If so what?
    Buttery smooth. Lag is hard to describe other than "you know it when you feel it". I have not been annoyed by the snappiness of the Priv. Feels good. As for bugs I have described some Hub issues in this topic.

Does type and search works the same way as on other PKB BlackBerries? Aka "call john", www address, apps, searching, "fb this is my new status"?
    It is limited. You can type "text Mom" but not "text Mom I am going to be late".
    Whatspp, Facebook, Twitter have no integration.
    You can not type "remind me to buy milk" or "wake me in an hour".

Does the camera have the timeshift feature we have in bb10?
    No.

BOOT TIME: how long it takes to boot ? will i have time to take a shower like on BBOS?
    47 seconds.

I'll post this here, because I'm sure you missed it a few pages back. You're welcome.
    The 'Buttons' menu is not on the Priv.

For notification duplicates, let's say for SMS notifications, can you turn it off at Android side so SMS notification only comes out in HUB, not the notification pull down menu?
    If you turn it off Android side you do not get a sound alert or LED light. It has to be on Android side. The Hub just pulls in a list of the SMS messages.

Could you please disable "Google Search" in the app settings and see if the swipe up shortcut and the search widget on the home screen disappear?
    You can remove the Google Widget from the home screen easily. If you disable Google in the app setting and swipe up, the Google icon in the middle is replaced by a magnifying glass. If you install Mozilla browser you can put Mozilla Search here.
    11-01-15 08:48 AM
    You don't need a priv to answer that - OEMs are not allowed to stop users changing stuff like the virtual keyboard.
    Well the second part of the question is somewhat valid. Depends on how the keyboard is recognized by Android. If it's like an external Bluetooth keyboard, it should at least work with the Google multilingual keyboards.
    cgk01 likes this.
    11-01-15 08:50 AM
    Just my assumption, since BlackBerry already moved some apps and updates to skype app to Amazon Appstore, my guess is that other BB10 apps devs are probably working on making their apps and updates available via Amazon appstore as well. You can download Amazon appstore easily on any android phone. Do you have to pay for the apps again or keep your original purchase from BlackBerry World, I just don't know but I hope the devs can make a compromise for their users somehow.

Posted via CB10
    You'd use the same amazon login, so your previously purchased apps will be available.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:50 AM
    Buttery smooth. Lag is hard to describe other than "you know it when you feel it". I have not been annoyed by the snappiness of the Priv. Feels good. As for bugs I have described some Hub issues in this topic.
    So in your opinion, would you say that for an Android person diving into the Priv it would be a great device, but not so much for a BB10 person, and would that be a possible source of "a big beta for BlackBerry?"
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    11-01-15 08:52 AM
    I'm assuming Hub on Android will be coded correctly, to allow integration of notifications within Android system.
    Under 'Notification access' it says BBSIS and BlackBerry Launcher can access notifications.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 08:58 AM
    Welcome to androidland - within hours of general release there will be threads on xda developers asking for stock ROMs and methods to disable or remove all the BBRY apps.
    I get that some people with androids like to tinker with things. My thing is,as far as the keyboards go, I only tried different ones than stock because the stock one was so bad. Nothing beats BlackBerry. I had a good 5-6 years with android phones before I tried bb10. I hate that we are going to lose this outstanding os eventually. Just doesn't make sense to mess with something that works so dadgum well.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:06 AM
    It may not be a fair test as I have installed apps and customizations and so on. 42428.

It is my favourite Android device I have ever used. If they can get SMS integrated in the Hub and also Whatsapp then it will be my favourite Blackberry device I have ever use.

Only in Hub.

Just right.
    Privberry:,,This says it all..

From my Z-30 w/ Google Play Store
    11-01-15 09:08 AM
    If you turn it off Android side you do not get a sound alert or LED light. It has to be on Android side. The Hub just pulls in a list of the SMS messages.
    Maybe Google doesn't provide a way for an app to change the status of a notification associated with another app.... Damn!

11-01-15 09:12 AM
    Also, why would you want to change it? In the years I used androids I hated the keyboards. BlackBerry has the keyboards whether virtual or physical down to a science. In my opinion there is nothing better. At least virtual I can say that. Never used a pkb before.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you, the keyboard of BB is perfect for English typing. But, I am used to type in Chinese. The Chinese input method is not good in BB system, although the CEO is Chinese. I also loved BB system: hub, flow, instant action, real multitasking, etc. But, it is inconvenient to type for me... (sad). Now, I am looking forward to Priv !!
    MO3iusONE and dusanvn like this.
    11-01-15 09:14 AM
    Does the physical keyboard make the 'clicky' noise like the passport? I am always annoyed with my red passport when I type in a meeting people can hear the loud clicking!
    11-01-15 09:14 AM
    Does the priv have s/mime support on normal (imap/pop3) non exchange accounts?
    11-01-15 09:17 AM
    Everyone. Please be skeptical of what privberry says unless he offers proof that he has one.

Posted via CB10
    Suspicious eh! Myself don't believe this guy..

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:18 AM

It is limited. You can type "text Mom" but not "text Mom I am going to be late".
    Whatspp, Facebook, Twitter have no integration.
    You can not type "remind me to buy milk" or "wake me in an hour".
    That doesn't make any sense. BlackBerry has their own nlp... that should have been easy.
    Maybe they'll turn it on after launch??

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 09:18 AM
    I get that some people with androids like to tinker with things. My thing is,as far as the keyboards go, I only tried different ones than stock because the stock one was so bad. Nothing beats BlackBerry. I had a good 5-6 years with android phones before I tried bb10. I hate that we are going to lose this outstanding os eventually. Just doesn't make sense to mess with something that works so dadgum well.

Posted via CB10
    You will not be losing the great BlackBerry VKB with Priv. BlackBerry Calendar, Password Keeper , Email integration, etc etc. Still getting the BlackBerry Experience Suite..

From my Z-30 w/ Google Play Store
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 09:20 AM
    Maybe Google doesn't provide a way for an app to change the status of a notification associated with another app.... Damn!

On my phone so cannot link but if you look at the compliance documents - they spell out what an app can and cannot do after a user assigns it permissions.

Something to bear in mind - is that although this launches with lollipop - they might already be anticipating marshmallow and the changes to what OEMs are allowed to do or not and thus that might impact what features are in there or not.
    11-01-15 09:22 AM
    but you know this is one of the main complaint from people leaving BB. I was ,yesterday ,talking to a friend (trying to take him back to BB) about the Priv and he asked me that : How it takes to boot??
    Maybe try explaining to your friend the REASON why it takes so long for a BB device to boot. It has to go through a few more layers of security checks than other OS's and is the price you have to pay for additional security. I realize that most people could give a rat's a$$ about security, but sometimes they will listen and understand if it is explained.
    jdesannees likes this.
    11-01-15 09:23 AM
    I've read that it does answer with slider. Is It True?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:25 AM
    Maybe try explaining to your friend the REASON why it takes so long for a BB device to boot. It has to go through a few more layers of security checks than other OS's and is the price you have to pay for additional security. I realize that most people could give a rat's a$$ about security, but sometimes they will listen and understand if it is explained.
    Thing is - Android 6.0 is moving towards this - encrypted storage is a MUST*, there are Kernel changes and if the nexus is intended as the model - it contains an hardware efuse that detects rooting.

* with an exclusion of 'low end' hardware.
    11-01-15 09:27 AM
    if you have the bb priv can you update the app off playstore and get download use es file manger and make a copy back up of the keyboard and hub apps you can send?

apps i like try on my android if you can rip them
    list found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    BlackBerry Launcher
    BlackBerry Hub
    BlackBerry Keyboard
    BES12 Client
    BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus
    BlackBerry Services
    Contacts by BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Device Search

thanks
    11-01-15 09:29 AM
    Dear Privberry!

Thank you very much for your informations, they are very usefull.

I'm wondering, if it is possible to make recording of calls. I use call recording app on my PP, and it's very usefull for me, because I get a lot of data via telephone, and when I'm not capable to make notes, I can hear back the conversation.
    On my android device there is a very simple app Call Recorder by Skvalex (with a green logo), and I want to ask you, if this or other app is running on Priv.

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Regards,

Koppany
    11-01-15 09:31 AM
849 ... 1415161718 ...