Can u tell me the ratings of the BlackBerry Priv in Antutu Benchmark.

What is the best thing you love about BlackBerry Priv. What is your overall experience as compared to other Android devices. How many points you will give out of 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:42 AM
    Yep, unfortunately BlackBerry doesn't really care too much about that functionality in gmail... I have all of my emails automatically labeled, so the "file" setting is useless for 90% of my emails and I am 100% reliant on "archive" to simply remove the "inbox" label. SO annoyed that BlackBerry doesn't care about this functionality.

Really tempting to just use gmail because I don't think BB will ever see the importance in archiving vs filing. Yes, filing removes the "inbox" label, but it's so redundant to find the label that the email already has, and then click it again each time. On gmail I just select 5 emails and click "archive", to do that in the HUB, you have to click on one emails --> file --> folder that it already has the label attached to --> rinse and repeat. SO annoying. I hear ya brother!
    Archive works fine for me on BB10. I just delete it, and it's archived.

Now accessing that archive is another story...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 02:43 AM
    Is the share framework like BB10? Does it remember the apps you share the most?
    11-01-15 02:44 AM
    Archive works fine for me on BB10. I just delete it, and it's archived.

Now accessing that archive is another story...

What version are you on? You used to be able to just delete to archive a gmail item in the past, but with one of the most recent 10.3 updates, they removed that functionality and now delete actually moves the file to trash instead of archiving it :/
    11-01-15 02:52 AM
    Without incorporating texts emails and social media apps (And I realize this would have to be supported by the programs) if what he is mentioning is true, for the most part the hub would be more of an annoyance than an amazing a convenience.

Duplicate notification management meh. I would want to just get rid of it or at least shut off anything that would cause that until it's either integrated or whatever.

All I ever use it for is email anyway. It's too bad that it doesn't work for others the way they like. Hopefully that will change soon. As long as my email goes like it does now for the most part, I'll be happy with the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-01-15 02:53 AM
    What is the Untutu Benchmark score ?

Post on my Super Passport 10.3.X.XXX
    11-01-15 04:13 AM
    Will there a support for pptp vpn and open vpn?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 04:15 AM
    I think I would need to give the Priv a bit more time but I do sorely miss the proper Hub. I have never been much of an app user so the app gap on BB10 did not bother me, I just sideloaded what I needed onto the Passport and that device was just so super efficient with the Hub. They are both fantastic and I will probably stick with the Priv but in all honesty the Passport handled messaging much more elegantly.

There are lots of battery monitoring options (part of the Android OS I think). I am not posting screenshots of the device but a full battery went down to 30% over the course of 12 hours with the screen burning through 29% of it. I forgot to charge overnight but the device only went down by 1 or 2%.
    Thanks.
    Are there options to change sync settings (email, etc.) and what are they now: manual/auto, interval?
    11-01-15 04:34 AM
    Does BBM (which is fully Hub integrated) also suffer from duplicate notifications?
    11-01-15 04:38 AM
    Does it have qc2.0 ? If not how long does it take to fully charge the phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 04:41 AM
    Not with an iOS device. Email is suck.

11-01-15 04:54 AM
    I am eager to know whether Priv has same email capability as BB10 with option to keep emails forever.
    11-01-15 05:02 AM
    Sad about the hub... & blend
    Sad no pinch/zoom on capacitive KB...
    Since my Passport has all that, I will surely not purchase Priv now...
    Thanks for the insights...

Posted via CB10
    People are getting ahead of themselves and I think we should wait and see the phone ourselves. There are enough people around rubbishing this phone. The Telus run through looks outstanding.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 05:20 AM
    Sounds like it's going to be a week and a few days.
    Well, I would rather view posts from someone in a week or so, who can prove they have the phone and not possibly blowing smoke and spreading bad info

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 05:25 AM
    Well, I would rather view posts from someone in a week or so, who can prove they have the phone and not possibly blowing smoke and spreading bad info

Posted via CB10
    The photo wasn't enough?
    bonnev659 and blackmoe like this.
    11-01-15 05:30 AM
    Dtek is a great visible security feature. It lets you block an app from accessing things like camera and it alerts you if it tries again. The main worry with Android is that there could a be a security hole we do not know about that will get exposed. Only needs one of those to dent the Blackberry name but hopefully they will patch anything quickly. I do not notice any different experience to the Q10 or Passport when it comes to security. You hope most of the serious work goes on behind the scenes. The good thing about BB10 is that Blackberry could control the whole experience from end to end. But I trust that they know what they are doing.

Absolutely no issue.

Your options for gesture are delete, snooze, flag, file (it then asks which folder), mute, and mark read/unread.

The hardware is attractive, robust and iconic. The software is, from what I can tell, stock Android with some great added Blackberry apps. A reviewer already familiar with Android should go "this is a great Android device".

If the reviewer knows BB10 they will be asking "what went wrong with Hub?". The front facing camera may come in for a kicking too.

My main frustrations with it are things Android users are probably used to. There is no vanilla music app just Google Play Music for playing your MP3s and it keeps encouraging me to sign up. Vanilla music apps are in the app store though.
    Thats ok. There is an android version of Neutron, so I have no worries at all. 🎧

And thank you endlessly for your time. I've barely gotten halfway through this thread so far.
    11-01-15 05:43 AM

Some things BB10 did better. Example, skipping music tracks by holding volume up and down. Does not work on Priv - but you can download apps from the Play Store to enable it.
    That's what I hate so much on Android.
    Even the basic functions are not integrated in the OS.
    You MUST load an 3rd party app to have the simplest function??? And then you wondering when the device stutters and slow down.

That's the reason why all are so crazy for apps.

My Z30 has all what I need integrated in BB10.
    No need to load and app to use long press vol. up/down to skip track.
    No need to load an 3rd party filemanager.
    All build in in the OS from the beginning.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    Vito B likes this.
    11-01-15 06:14 AM
    I know with a majority of Android devices, they have the Recovery mode built-in and you can boot into it from a power off stage by holding Power and Vol - or Vol +.
    It did not boot into Recovery mode when I tried this.

The slider, does it have some kind of mechanism that "locks" it into place (ie does it snap into closed position when nearly closed)?
    Yes the slider snaps open and closed. Satisfying.

1. Are there emoji in the keyboard app?
    2. In the notification bar across the top of screen; if you receive ten emails are there ten individual little email icons across the top?
    1. Yes. Stock Android emoji. Some apps have an emoji button in the typing window. If they do not you press and hold 0 on the PKB and can evoke Emoji keyboard.
    2. Yes.

? slow motion video
    No in the included Blackberry Camera app.
    11-01-15 06:15 AM
    I apologize if this has been addressed already, but has anyone asked about PKB capacitive scrolling performance in Chrome (or other browsers)? Too fast/sensitive, or just right?
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-01-15 06:18 AM
    Can you enable universal search as soon as you start typing on the keyboard or do you always have to press home and swipe left to access it?
    First time you use it, it will ask if you prefer Google or Device Search and you can tell it always do a Device Search. Or you can leave it so it prompts each time.

On BB10, when you take a photo and it goes to the corner, you can drag it up to the share and trash menu without having to tap to preview it first. Can you do this on the PRIV?
    You can press and hold on the photo in the corner, and options to edit, delete and share pop up.
    11-01-15 06:20 AM
    What's the boot time like? And how long does it take to charge from 0 to 100 %?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 06:24 AM
    Without incorporating texts emails and social media apps (And I realize this would have to be supported by the programs) if what he is mentioning is true, for the most part the hub would be more of an annoyance than an amazing a convenience.

Duplicate notification management meh. I would want to just get rid of it or at least shut off anything that would cause that until it's either integrated or whatever.
    The Hub problems sound pretty severe: lack of proper messaging integration (inability to scroll through conversation message history and reply from within hub for whatsapp, etc.) and duplicate notifications really puts me off purchasing a Priv.

Is there any way we can all convey to Blackberry the severity and implications of this problem so they'll hopefully take note and add this feature fast? A petition perhaps?
    Vito B likes this.
    11-01-15 06:31 AM
    The Hub problems sound pretty severe: lack of proper messaging integration (scroll through conversation message history and reply from within hub for whatsapp, etc.) and duplicate notifications really puts me off purchasing a Priv.

Is there any way we can all convey to Blackberry the severity and implications of this problem so they'll hopefully take note and add this feature fast? A petition perhaps?
    BlackBerry hangs its hat on security, privacy, and productivity. That's their value-add in the Android space. That's how they're selling this phone. There's no excuse for BlackBerry not getting the Hub right on release. It may be impossible to fully replicate the BB10 Hub experience, but they need to at least deliver on what they're promising (i.e., one-stop shop for messaging/notifications).
    Bluenoser63, Vito B and talalal like this.
    11-01-15 06:37 AM
    Can u tell me the ratings of the BlackBerry Priv in Antutu Benchmark.
    It may not be a fair test as I have installed apps and customizations and so on. 42428.

What is the best thing you love about BlackBerry Priv. What is your overall experience as compared to other Android devices.
    It is my favourite Android device I have ever used. If they can get SMS integrated in the Hub and also Whatsapp then it will be my favourite Blackberry device I have ever use.

Is the share framework like BB10? Does it remember the apps you share the most?
    Only in Hub.

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but has anyone asked about PKB capacitive scrolling performance in Chrome (or other browsers)? Too fast/sensitive, or just right?
    Just right.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-01-15 06:37 AM
    Could you tell me which vpn works on the priv?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:43 AM
849 ... 1213141516 ...