When I had my note 3 the email was coming like 10 min later than my z10 at the time...
    Is it improved in google phones?
    Which email provider? Imaps are slow on Android and ios native mails. That's why I use their apps for push...
    10-31-15 11:10 PM
    Is the keyboard very flimsy and thin beings it is; well, so thin?.. Blackberry standard keyboard and can you scroll with the keyboard in the browser, etc like the passport?..

-Steve
    10-31-15 11:17 PM
    Which email provider? Imaps are slow on Android and ios native mails. That's why I use their apps for push...
    I'm not quite remembering if it was Gmail or outlook. But I do remember the difference in time laps.
    10-31-15 11:29 PM
    I'm not quite remembering if it was Gmail or outlook. But I do remember the difference in time laps.
    If it was EAS it would have been pretty instant. I would get them on my bb10 when I had it, ios and Android native emails at the same time...
    10-31-15 11:31 PM
    As for wireless QI charge, I have 2 observations:

I bought a DIY USB dongle which plugs into the charge port on the Passport & the outside behind underneath the case (in my example, Stilgut) being so flat as to yield no impairment of the case fit. The charge plate started a charge for a few seconds & quit. The dongle sits in the drawer.

My wide's droid mini has QI built in & it works. It is so slow, she has given up on it. It too sits in the drawer.

I view QI as an opportunity for airports, taverns, schools, etc. For free charge stations built into armrests, tables, etc. Or even fo small fees.

It is quite slow.

That said, my beloved retired HP Touchpad had a QI easel which worked well. It required the higher powered HP charge adapter to work. The machine detected the difference.

My HP Pre3 had a nice little QI charge that seemed quicker than what was discussed above here. I used it all the time on my desk. The phone tended to slide off the inclined surface.

I think QI needs work.
    webOS devices use Touchstone, not Qi.
    10-31-15 11:37 PM
    If it was EAS it would have been pretty instant. I would get them on my bb10 when I had it, ios and Android native emails at the same time...
    Yes it was eas. Myz10 was instant but not the note 3. 5 to 10 min later
    10-31-15 11:38 PM
    I hope. I also wonder if the app devs from twitter whatsapp facebook etc. will add compatibly to their apps, as I assume it is needed to have a fully functioning hub like BB10.

The question I whether BlackBerry will even try to request this from them , or they will continue to assume the only social media that people use is BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Why would devs even work with BlackBerry after they have been treated so badly by BlackBerry?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-31-15 11:41 PM
    Why would devs even work with BlackBerry after they have been treated so badly by BlackBerry?
    Well BlackBerry had to make their own Facebook app for bb10 and I would imagine twitter and whatsapp would probably tweak it sooner or later, especially when/if a user base grows.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:45 PM
    Some things BB10 did better. Example, skipping music tracks by holding volume up and down. Does not work on Priv - but you can download apps from the Play Store to enable it.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh I hate android for not being able to skip tracks, was hoping BlackBerry took that with them on to the priv!

Can you enable universal search as soon as you start typing on the keyboard or do you always have to press home and swipe left to access it?

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Vito B likes this.
    10-31-15 11:48 PM
    The Carphone Warehouse video clearly shows the Hub working. M carrier, Telus, has a walk-through of the PRIV in great detail and it show the Hub. It's not accessed like in BB10 with a swipe up and or to the side but it's still there. So what is wrong here?

Probably this:
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-01-15 12:11 AM
    Some things BB10 did better. Example, skipping music tracks by holding volume up and down. Does not work on Priv - but you can download apps from the Play Store to enable it.
    Ahhh I hate android for not being able to skip tracks, was hoping BlackBerry took that with them on to the priv!

Can you enable universal search as soon as you start typing on the keyboard or do you always have to press home and swipe left to access it?

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android[/QUOTE]

That setting has to be activated
    Attached Thumbnails I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-1446354796027.jpg  
    11-01-15 12:13 AM
    Do YouTube videos keep playing if you turn off the screen or if you go to another tab in the browser?
    That's now a YouTube Red feature.

> When watching on your mobile device, Red members will also be able to keep their video playing in the background while using other apps or locking their screen.
    - Source
    11-01-15 12:34 AM
    Anyone know how BlackBerry ID will work on the Priv?

I'd like to keep my BBID on the classic for BBM video but use the same BBID on the Priv to sync my passwords.

Posted via CB10
    Even if you can't sync, password manager will let you import and export your passwords.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:06 AM
    One question only: does the Android hub 'learn' where to store messages / in folders?

This is my mostly used feature in the bb10 hub...

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:07 AM
    When you take a photo it goes to the corner just like on BB10. Tapping the photo in the corner makes it fill the screen and you can pinch zoom in on it pretty much straight away.
    On BB10, when you take a photo and it goes to the corner, you can drag it up to the share and trash menu without having to tap to preview it first. Can you do this on the PRIV?
    Toodeurep and Vito B like this.
    11-01-15 01:10 AM
    'show us your Priv'!!!

Posted via CB10
    Good one! =0)
    11-01-15 01:11 AM
    webOS devices use Touchstone, not Qi.
    Why I want to know is, why is he comparing such old devices? I mean wireless charging has gotten better and I'm sure it'll continue to be.

I'm not going to use an old blackberry curve and base my impression on Blackberry in general off of that.
    11-01-15 01:15 AM
    Was it pretty common for devs to just stick with bb10? If I was a dev I'd probably go where the users are (iOS) and if that takes off then eventually port it over to android and or bb10
    11-01-15 01:16 AM
    That's now a YouTube Red feature.

> When watching on your mobile device, Red members will also be able to keep their video playing in the background while using other apps or locking their screen.
    - Source
    To be fair.. I shouldn't have to pay for this feature..
    kertong, Toodeurep and Vito B like this.
    11-01-15 01:18 AM
    on a Gmail account with the Hub, (not familiar with the hub), can you archive a message with a gesture rather than delete it?
    Yep, unfortunately BlackBerry doesn't really care too much about that functionality in gmail... I have all of my emails automatically labeled, so the "file" setting is useless for 90% of my emails and I am 100% reliant on "archive" to simply remove the "inbox" label. SO annoyed that BlackBerry doesn't care about this functionality.

Really tempting to just use gmail because I don't think BB will ever see the importance in archiving vs filing. Yes, filing removes the "inbox" label, but it's so redundant to find the label that the email already has, and then click it again each time. On gmail I just select 5 emails and click "archive", to do that in the HUB, you have to click on one emails --> file --> folder that it already has the label attached to --> rinse and repeat. SO annoying. I hear ya brother!
    Vito B and weezul like this.
    11-01-15 01:01 AM
    Not one person disagrees with you, it has been a highly requested feature for YEARS now from Android and iOS users. They obviously went out of their way to make it work this way. Luckily us BB10 users were not put up witih this limitation because things like the browser & fasttube were awesome. Google (YouTube) definitely did a dirty move by doing this, but I'm considering buying YouTube Red anyway because hey, Spotify is $9.99, so I can get Google Play Music, YouTube Red (no ads on mobile or desktop - already use desktop adblock anyway), exclusive content, and background play + offline download functionality. All for the same price as my one Spotify subscription? Yeah, goodbye Spotify, I do love you, but Google offers WAY more.

So yeah, noone agrees with Google doing this BS, but Android & iOS users have been complaining about this feature for YEARS now, BB10 users were the lucky ones that weren't placed with this limitation is all.
    Don't you need an id of some sort to download bb apps from the GPS?
    Yeah, your Google account.
    Yeah, why not? It's an on-demand service that was once free but Google still has to pay royalties on anyways let alone maintain those servers. What you shouldn't have to pay for is Google collecting data on your viewing habits and whatnot; if you pay the fee they should automatically opt you out.

Free apps on a free OS on cheap phones with decent specs: that is the Android crowd for ya.
    11-01-15 01:24 AM
    The Carphone Warehouse video clearly shows the Hub working. M carrier, Telus, has a walk-through of the PRIV in great detail and it show the Hub. It's not accessed like in BB10 with a swipe up and or to the side but it's still there. So what is wrong here?
    Read the thread.

11-01-15 02:36 AM
    One question only: does the Android hub 'learn' where to store messages / in folders?

This is my mostly used feature in the bb10 hub...

Posted via CB10
    THIS!

11-01-15 02:36 AM
849 ... 1112131415 ...