How long does it charge from 0 to 100%?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Real quick?

Side note: Just had a thought for OP: if you take a pic from your Priv - either using the camera or screenshot - and then send it to another phone, from which you take another screenshot, would you then avoid any EXIF data that might track the pic data back to your phone/you?

Anyway, just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-31-15 07:53 PM
    I know with a majority of Android devices, they have the Recovery mode built-in and you can boot into it from a power off stage by holding Power and Vol - or Vol +.

Does the Priv have this option for factory restoration? or can that only be done directly at the OS level?

Thanks
    10-31-15 08:02 PM
    Well the hub is in Google play, I'm pretty sure they will update it frequently
    No need to wait for os update
    I hope. I also wonder if the app devs from twitter whatsapp facebook etc. will add compatibly to their apps, as I assume it is needed to have a fully functioning hub like BB10.

The question I whether BlackBerry will even try to request this from them , or they will continue to assume the only social media that people use is BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:07 PM
    .... Is the physical keyboard the same size as the BB Classic keyboard? Thanks.
    He said they are about the same width, but the Priv's keys are not as high as on the Classic.
    kitmo likes this.
    10-31-15 08:14 PM
    Anyone know how BlackBerry ID will work on the Priv?

I'd like to keep my BBID on the classic for BBM video but use the same BBID on the Priv to sync my passwords.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:32 PM
    I use Aqua Mail for email and Textra for texts ON Android. Will those apps show in Hub if I select them as default? I assume it should as you said the hub basically just groups notifications and opens apps to reply, etc.
    10-31-15 08:40 PM

I'd like to keep my BBID on the classic for BBM video but use the same BBID on the Priv to sync my passwords.

Posted via CB10
    No, if it work in bb10 it will transfer everything over. I think you would need another id
    Just a guess here
    10-31-15 08:41 PM
    I use Aqua Mail for email and Textra for texts ON Android. Will those apps show in Hub if I select them as default? I assume it should as you said the hub basically just groups notifications and opens apps to reply, etc.
    For Textra I think yes. It will open Textra as appropriate.

I doubt Aqua Mail will work. The Hub actually is its own email client. So you'll probably have to use the Hub for email. It won't open other email clients.

That said, Aqua Mail is probably vastly inferior to what BB Hub email will offer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-31-15 08:51 PM
    This might be a difficult question, but how does the back camera compare to the iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6?

Is it noticeable better than the Passport?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    10-31-15 08:56 PM
    For Textra I think yes. It will open Textra as appropriate.

I doubt Aqua Mail will work. The Hub actually is its own email client. So you'll probably have to use the Hub for email. It won't open other email clients.

That said, Aqua Mail is probably vastly inferior to what BB Hub email will offer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Aqua Mail allows aliases and rich text formatting. If the Hub can do that, I will be happy.
    10-31-15 09:06 PM
    I don't believe so. And I assume you have a specific list of font options?
    My note 4 comes with a few fonts but you can download a kinds of fonts both on the play store and through xda.
    10-31-15 09:08 PM
    Yea, when previous BB10 users use the Priv hub...will be disapoointed. Newcomers will not have no past experience with BB10 to compare it to...
    david7saad and BB10QNX like this.
    The slider, does it have some kind of mechanism that "locks" it into place (ie does it snap into closed position when nearly closed)?

Does the slide have some spring or other method of snapping it open or closed?

Posted via CB10
    'show us your Priv'!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 09:11 PM
    I've been wanting to say that forever

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 09:19 PM
    Believe it or don't, less then a week until you have the opportunity to play with it.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that was my point.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 09:33 PM
    Yep, that was my point.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like it's going to be a week and a few days.
    10-31-15 09:34 PM
    This is great privberry, last Dec I tried Android when I picked up a Note4, I was a longtime BB user since the Pearl days got all Bolds, the Z10 an Z30, after 5 months I had to sell the Note4 and buy another Z30, the Lack of HUB just drove me nuts, I only use Email, sms and BBM so might not be too bad, while I have Google Play Store/Google Maps on the Z30 and they work flawless other android apps like Instagram and LinkedIn Pulse are very buggy and constantly close randomly which is annoying.

So with the Priv for me I will be able to use all the Android apps without issues, have a wicked keyboard + the hub, even if it's not perfect it will be way better than straight Android.

I didn't pre order, never had an issue getting all previous BB phones on launch day, never even seen a line at Rogers Store lol
    10-31-15 09:35 PM
    I don't know what that is.

They stop.

Just Chrome.

I have found generally not at all. Sometimes it takes a moment to open the Hub when you activate it from another app.

Seems very good. Contact had trouble hearing me over speakerphone when I was a meter away.

I prefer the Passport speaker in terms of audio quality - but this beast is loud.

Controversially - actually trying to use it as a communications device.

Yes but it will still display the red spark for text messages even when you have read them in the dedicated Messenger app.

Correction on my previous point - it is in the Dialler settings. When you have an incoming call you can choose to:
    Do Nothing, Open the keyboard to Answer, Open the Keyboard to dismiss the call and text a reply. The default is reject call when you open the keyboard which is why I thought it did not work. I cannot see an option for 'hang up with slider' and did not work when I tried.

Open the keyboard and the screen comes on. Close the keyboard and it waits for the standard screen time out you have chosen before screen goes off. That is the default.

Yes from the home screen.

The Flow is SORELY missed. Hub is pretty useless on the Priv for a number of reasons:

You cannot peek into it.

It does not have apps like Whatspp integrated so when you hear a message tone you have to check both the hub and the standard Android notification tray to find out who is messaging you.

Apps like Twitter show all interactions in the Hub like retweets and favs not just personal messages and I cannot see a way to filter it so it is only personal messages so Twitter is not useful in the Hub at all.

It doubles up on notifications - if you get an SMS you see a spark on both the SMS app and the Hub icon. The spark remains if you read the SMS in the SMS app so you have to clear it twice.

I have gone back to a home screen with the main messaging apps on and when I hear a notification sound I first look at which app has the spark on it. That seems to me like the 2006 way of doing things.

When in the Hub you swipe the screen to the right to see your individual accounts just like on BB10... but if you swipe in the middle of the screen it tries to delete or file away the message you had your finger on. On BB10 swiping on a message in the Hub didn't do anything but in the Android Hub it registers as an interaction. That means if you want to get to account view, you have to swipe from the farthest left pixel of the screen avoiding the message, but that's hard to do because the farthest left pixel is down the side of the cell phone due to the curve screen.

Twitter, SMS, Facebook are all just notifications in the Hub and you cannot reply to them. Tapping a message opens the Messenger SMS app to actually reply.

Also if you see the spark on an app and go into it to check who has messaged you the spark remains until you go into the Android notification hub and dismiss the notification. It doubles the work you do to check notifications.

In short the Hub is pretty redundant as it stands and I miss it sorely. I hope they are working on it.

Worst of all no Dark theme.

Yes.
    Someone else was saying they DO see Whatsapp, Facebook, etc in the hub but it launches into external apps.

Hub should be able to see notifications the same as the notification manager. If what you're saying is true then it is a head scratcher for sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 09:36 PM
    Questions for privberry:

1. Are there emoji in the keyboard app?
    2. In the notification bar across the top of screen; if you receive ten emails are there ten individual little email icons across the top?

About dark theme: Google was going to bring it to Marshmallow then killed it. Sure, BlackBerry could probably implement it themselves and I am sure if they do they'd sell a few more handsets; dark theme was a much anticipated feature of M.

I hope. I also wonder if the app devs from twitter whatsapp facebook etc. will add compatibly to their apps, as I assume it is needed to have a fully functioning hub like BB10.

The question I whether BlackBerry will even try to request this from them , or they will continue to assume the only social media that people use is BBM.

Posted via CB10
    It would only make sense for BlackBerry to bring the Android version of the Hub up to speed with or beyond what is currently capable on BB10. Otherwise there is no point in bringing it to the Priv, let alone Android.

Posted via CB10
    According to the BerryFlow podcast from two weeks ago BBID will only be used for BBM. If it will have any other future usages for PIM or whatever is unknown at this point in time.
    10-31-15 09:48 PM
    ? slow motion video
    Vito B likes this.
    10-31-15 09:54 PM
    Is there a way to just disable the hub until it's actually useful?

Posted via CB10
    All I ever use it for is email anyway. It's too bad that it doesn't work for others the way they like. Hopefully that will change soon. As long as my email goes like it does now for the most part, I'll be happy with the hub.

Posted via CB10
    nbaliga likes this.
    10-31-15 09:55 PM
    Questions for privberry:

1. Are there emoji in the keyboard app?
    2. In the notification bar across the top of screen; if you receive ten emails are there ten individual little email icons across the top?

About dark theme: Google was going to bring it to Marshmallow then killed it. Sure, BlackBerry could probably implement it themselves and I am sure if they do they'd sell a few more handsets; dark theme was a much anticipated feature of M.

It would only make sense for BlackBerry to bring the Android version of the Hub up to speed with or beyond what is currently capable on BB10. Otherwise there is no point in bringing it to the Priv, let alone Android.

According to the BerryFlow podcast from two weeks ago BBID will only be used for BBM. If it will have any other future usages for PIM or whatever is unknown at this point in time.
    Don't you need an id of some sort to download bb apps from the GPS?
    10-31-15 09:57 PM
    When I had my note 3 the email was coming like 10 min later than my z10 at the time...
    Is it improved in google phones?
    10-31-15 09:59 PM
    Just my assumption, since BlackBerry already moved some apps and updates to skype app to Amazon Appstore, my guess is that other BB10 apps devs are probably working on making their apps and updates available via Amazon appstore as well. You can download Amazon appstore easily on any android phone. Do you have to pay for the apps again or keep your original purchase from BlackBerry World, I just don't know but I hope the devs can make a compromise for their users somehow.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:08 PM
849 ... 1011121314 ...