After the 10.3 updates Gmail has more improved handling. Delete → moves emails to Wastebasket/Bin and not "All Mail"(archiving). Works with the default Gmail settings on all my BB10 devices now, and previously you had to change settings called Auto-Expunge (how Gmail handles emails that lose any visible label).
    You can even change which Gmail folder Draft/Sent/Bin connects through from the Account Settings.

If you use Gmail's default labelling behaviour, important markers, social, updates that kind of BS, that might break the Deleting system (because they are hidden labels, and Auto-Expunge only works when no labels are present). But no one should ever use those ****ty features.
    _____
    Ontopic, Hub sounds exactly as obsolete as I thought it would be. No IN-app access to replying/composing, duplicate notification behaviour between the Hub and the Tray, missing apps (even BB10 came with WhatsApp from release day). Sad, but not unexpected. Good enough for Android users probably, because any sort of Hub would look like an improvement there.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    On my Passport with 10.3.2.27XX, Delete decidedly archives gmail.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-31-15 04:04 PM
    Wich kinds of vpn support has the priv?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 04:06 PM
    Can you download "Stagefright Detector" from the play store, run it, & report the results?
    The device is "not vulnerable".

No one asked to confirm if it had wireless charging? did I miss a comment about it?
    There is no documentation in the box about it or in the OS. I do not have a charging station to test it.

Does it have bbm video call feature?
    How's bbm integrated into the hub?
    Full hub integration with BBM. No video call.

Is this phone what long time BlackBerry users will like, or will they say to themselves "I like this device,but it would be perfect if it worked like BB10.
    Long time Blackberry users all have different opinions. I think if you come straight from BB10 you will find Android a little less elegant and the version of Hub a little less efficient. But it is a first draft of the Hub, it may improve.

Some things BB10 did better. Example, skipping music tracks by holding volume up and down. Does not work on Priv - but you can download apps from the Play Store to enable it.
    10-31-15 04:06 PM
    What model number is the phone?
    10-31-15 04:11 PM
    could you test the html5test.com score and share the result ?
    Thanks
    10-31-15 04:13 PM
    Font size is the only option. Actually changing the font requires root, among other things. It isn't as easy a process as you might think.
    can change font to note 4 (no root)
    not standard android feature?
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-31-15 04:15 PM
    On my Passport with 10.3.2.27XX, Delete decidedly archives gmail.

Then you possibly/probably still have some auto-labelling going on that you might not have noticed. Ever since I turned those off it started working. In Gmail for web, create an incoming mail filter for all mail, and set it to 1) never mark as important (hidden label that shows those annoying yellow markers, not the same as Starring/Flagging), and 2) set category as Personal (that's the only category on Gmail that is not a hidden/default label).

can change font to note 4 (no root)
    not standard android feature?
    I don't believe so. And I assume you have a specific list of font options?
    No, not sure but there's no app for Blend, and no.

I know the reddit AMA said the File Manager was there. It is not and the BB Help app says you should download one from Play Store.
    Z10STL1_10.3.2.2639

It does not appear to.

Yes, beautifully.[/QUOTE]

No BlackBerry Blend? That's a deal breaker in itself. One of my most used benefits of BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 04:19 PM
    The hub scares me.

Posted via CB10
    Egod101 and Vito B like this.
    10-31-15 04:20 PM
    Do you recommend this phone to BB 10 users?
    A lot of Android users give their battery life as Screen On Time, which you can see by going to the battery settings and tapping on display. What have you gotten?
    Screen on time 5 hours 20 seconds and down to 5% but started the day on 60% as I forgot to charge overnight and did a short charge in the morning.

Pre or post production model ? model number?
    Retail unit. I do not want to share model number as it may identify the device, I do not know how many places have received units.

Hub... Good enough for Android users probably, because any sort of Hub would look like an improvement there.
    Yes I expect Android fans will find Hub an elegant email app. BB10 converts will want to see more features added.

What annoys me most is Whatsapp keeps posting notifications reminding me I have ignored some conversations. Is that a typical Android feature? I cannot see a way to tell Whatapp not to remind me of ignored conversations.
    MO3iusONE and bonnev659 like this.
    The hub scares me.

Posted via CB10
    well, it's the right day for it!
    brookie229 and Vito B like this.
    10-31-15 04:21 PM
    is it STV100-3 , thats what i mean by model number. not imei or anything that will identify the device singularly.
    10-31-15 04:24 PM
    Text selection question then:
    How responsive is it with the keyboard closed (virtual) to select and edit text? And with the keyboard open, does it offer the same convenience as BB10 (Shift+sliding, Shift+tapping)?

I know it has a Q10 type keyboard, but CAN you still type symbols like the Passport (slide down+tap, tap-and-hold for diacritics)? I may have gotten too used to that. 😬

10-31-15 04:25 PM
    Every smartphone on earth can do that.

I doubt that, handling e-mail attachment on Windows Phone 8.1 for example was really, really poor and bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 04:25 PM
    Then you possibly/probably still have some auto-labelling going on that you might not have noticed. Ever since I turned those off it started working. In Gmail for web, create an incoming mail filter for all mail, and set it to 1) never mark as important (hidden label that shows those annoying yellow markers, not the same as Starring/Flagging), and 2) set category as Personal (that's the only category on Gmail that is not a hidden/default label).

I like that it archives actually!

10-31-15 04:30 PM
    Screen on time 5 hours 20 seconds and down to 5% but started the day on 60% as I forgot to charge overnight and did a short charge in the morning.

Retail unit. I do not want to share model number as it may identify the device, I do not know how many places have received units.

Yes I expect Android fans will find Hub an elegant email app. BB10 converts will want to see more features added.

What annoys me most is Whatsapp keeps posting notifications reminding me I have ignored some conversations. Is that a typical Android feature? I cannot see a way to tell Whatapp not to remind me of ignored conversations.
    I have never seen that on WhatsApp. Doubly annoying in the case of the Priv!!

Genetic likes this.
    10-31-15 04:32 PM
    Do you think the HUB can be deleted ?
    10-31-15 04:38 PM
    I'm sure this is not a big deal to most people, but a strange choice by BB to not include this capability. It seems like a pretty simple thing to support with the generation of android. Technically, they should be able to update the software to add this capability later, but I won't hold my breath.
    I will hold my breath... maybe it will come... meantime, Passport stays right here...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 04:42 PM
    I see a lot of people bashing the Hub. Remember this is the FIRST attempt on Android and the software will only get better in the future.

I have to admit I've never used a Blackberry device before (long time Android user and will probably buy the Priv due to the uniqueness of the device and keyboard), but I would imagine the first releases of the Hub was not without its own problems.
    Totally agree. Also, I feel this device is more geared towards non BB10 fans, people hooked on to Android but some prior Blackberry exposure with physical keyboard.
    10-31-15 04:43 PM
    Text selection question then:
    How responsive is it with the keyboard closed (virtual) to select and edit text? And with the keyboard open, does it offer the same convenience as BB10 (Shift+sliding, Shift+tapping)?
    Super responsive. You can move the cursor with the keyboard by double tapping it. Shift and sliding on the keyboard works to select text.

I know it has a Q10 type keyboard, but CAN you still type symbols like the Passport (slide down+tap, tap-and-hold for diacritics)? I may have gotten too used to that.
    You absolutely can although by default it loads the page of less used punctuation first giving you the punctuation that is not available on the physical keyboard. So for a standard exclamation point you go swipe, swipe, B. On the Passport it would just be one swipe because the common punctuation appears first.

Do you recommend this phone to BB 10 users?
    Yes, if you want a bigger screen, more apps, and a new device!

No BlackBerry Blend? That's a deal breaker in itself. One of my most used benefits of BlackBerry 10!
    I plugged it in to my Blend laptop and it did not work. This of course may change at release or in the future so it would not be fair to judge on this.
    cbvinh, MO3iusONE, abass and 2 others like this.
    10-31-15 04:45 PM
    Totally agree. Also, I feel this device is more geared towards non BB10 fans, people hooked on to Android but some prior Blackberry exposure with physical keyboard.
    I agree. Appealing to BlackBerry 10 fans is not their goal!

Vito B likes this.
    10-31-15 04:47 PM
    I don't believe so. And I assume you have a specific list of font options?
    yes 5 fonts with a button to download hundreds of fonts from samsung app store at �1-2 each
    10-31-15 04:49 PM
    Do you think the HUB can be deleted ?
    I doubt you can delete it but it might be possible to disable it (and by doing so hide it from the app draw)

it would be Settings >>>> Apps >>>> All>>> Hub and then see if there is a disable...(or if it is greyed out).
    10-31-15 04:50 PM
849 ... 7891011 ...