When you take a photo it goes to the corner just like on BB10. Tapping the photo in the corner makes it fill the screen and you can pinch zoom in on it pretty much straight away.
    pinch and zoom via keyboard at that point or not
    10-31-15 03:29 PM
    on a Gmail account with the Hub, (not familiar with the hub), can you archive a message with a gesture rather than delete it?
    As with ANY IMAP client being used with Gmail, the Delete button will archive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-31-15 03:33 PM
    Wow. The hub sounds pathetic. I think that's where the media will go in on blackberry and give it poor reviews on that aspect.

Posted via CB10
    Media probably isn't even aware of the Hub.

Frankly personally at this point I'm not too concerned about the software unless it causes lags or something very noticeable. Stuff like the Hub is still ongoing development and can be fixed with updates, but you can't do that with hardware. I would put more emphasis on that being solid first rather than complaining about things not being a BB10 replica yet. I mean even BB10 wasn't perfect at 10.0.
    10-31-15 03:34 PM
    Wow. The hub sounds pathetic. I think that's where the media will go in on blackberry and give it poor reviews on that aspect.

Posted via CB10
    Disagree. The media never knew the Hub in the first place.

cali122 likes this.
    10-31-15 03:34 PM
    As with ANY IMAP client being used with Gmail, the Delete button will archive.

That's actually a setting on Gmail Web.
    10-31-15 03:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing your impressions.

1. If you have to use the only device for your daily routine, will you keep Priv or go back to Passport?
    2. Could you post your battery charts for at least 24 hours (similar to BB10 Device Monitor), preferably with apps usage % displayed. If there is such option, of course.
    The good thing about BB10 is that Blackberry could control the whole experience from end to end. But I trust that they know what they are doing
    Thanks privberry. Not a great HUB was certainly a bummer but helplessly watching rough apps trying to gain control of phone again and again is more annoying. Not to say that Blackberry is heavenly saint and does not monitor phone functions quietly but inability to control app behaviour without being a tech geek is bit too much for me. Android vulnerabilities and other stuff being what it is .... I'll have to give it a pass and wait on for folks as XD forums to come up with a winner ROM before getting my feet wet with Berry android.
    Good luck with HUB, though.I hope it gets better with time.
    Sorry to be skeptical, but why not show a few more photos of it, and perhaps some screenshots

Am I the only one that could answer most of these questions from all the leaks and video readily available?

Posted via CB10
    Believe it or don't, less then a week until you have the opportunity to play with it.

Posted via CB10
    Egod101, 00stryder and wincyUt like this.
    Dtek is a great visible security feature. It lets you block an app from accessing things like camera and it alerts you if it tries again. The main worry with Android is that there could a be a security hole we do not know about that will get exposed. Only needs one of those to dent the Blackberry name but hopefully they will patch anything quickly. I do not notice any different experience to the Q10 or Passport when it comes to security. You hope most of the serious work goes on behind the scenes. The good thing about BB10 is that Blackberry could control the whole experience from end to end. But I trust that they know what they are doing.

Absolutely no issue.

Your options for gesture are delete, snooze, flag, file (it then asks which folder), mute, and mark read/unread.

The hardware is attractive, robust and iconic. The software is, from what I can tell, stock Android with some great added Blackberry apps. A reviewer already familiar with Android should go "this is a great Android device".

If the reviewer knows BB10 they will be asking "what went wrong with Hub?". The front facing camera may come in for a kicking too.

My main frustrations with it are things Android users are probably used to. There is no vanilla music app just Google Play Music for playing your MP3s and it keeps encouraging me to sign up. Vanilla music apps are in the app store though.
    Again, with any IMAP client, delete will archive gmail.

weezul and CNX66 like this.
    10-31-15 03:37 PM
    You should check out the app 'Manual Camera' from the Play Store.

10-31-15 03:40 PM
    You would have to go in and talk to a customer service representative. If my area has them larger areas should too, they won't be out yet though. They got it out of the back and opened it up. They said the actual working units should be in on Monday. When asked about price they had nothing in the system but said expecting $800 outright or $150 to $300 on 2 year contract. Hoping they are right on contract price, but they won't know until the 5th likely.

I would wonder if such settings might be accessed by an APK. It seems nothing short of stupid to plant a 20MP camera setup in there as an over-spec'd point&shoot... noodle around PlayStore to see if there is an app to do all the finesse for the camera if you have the time...
    Manual settings and RAW was introduced by google in Lollipop (android 5.0) with the camera2-API. Of course the sensor has to have the capablilites and manufacturers have to support the camera2-API. There are MANY apps in the playstore that enables these features and some phones have it already from the manufacturer.

LG G4, Galaxy S6 and Edge, the new HTC A9, Nexus 5x and 6P just to name a few.

"Remember the best camera is the one you have with you...", most likely your phone and I like to have as much control as possible.
    That's actually a setting on Gmail Web.
    IME that setting doesn't work at all. Always archives. Which is fine with me.

10-31-15 03:41 PM
    No one asked to confirm if it had wireless charging? did I miss a comment about it?
    10-31-15 03:43 PM
    No one asked to confirm if it had wireless charging? did I miss a comment about it?
    He said yesterday he had no way of checking it.
    10-31-15 03:45 PM
    Silver trim metal or painted plastic?
    Good question!
    10-31-15 03:47 PM
    Good question!
    Privberry said plastic yesterday.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-31-15 03:48 PM
    Can you download "Stagefright Detector" from the play store, run it, & report the results?

It will give us Android guys an idea of how up to date their 5.1.1 bake is.

10-31-15 03:49 PM
    Asked already, he cannot confirm. He was answering questions even before this thread.
    10-31-15 03:50 PM
    Does it have bbm video call feature?

How's bbm integrated into the hub?
    (in my country, people uses bbm as much as whatsapp)

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    10-31-15 03:50 PM
    Is this phone what long time BlackBerry users will like, or will they say to themselves "I like this device,but it would be perfect if it worked like BB10." ? Thx

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 03:53 PM
    IME that setting doesn't work at all. Always archives. Which is fine with me.
    After the 10.3 updates Gmail has more improved handling. Delete → moves emails to Wastebasket/Bin and not "All Mail"(archiving). Works with the default Gmail settings on all my BB10 devices now, and previously you had to change settings called Auto-Expunge (how Gmail handles emails that lose any visible label).
    You can even change which Gmail folder Draft/Sent/Bin connects through from the Account Settings.

If you use Gmail's default labelling behaviour, important markers, social, updates that kind of BS, that might break the Deleting system (because they are hidden labels, and Auto-Expunge only works when no labels are present). But no one should ever use those ****ty features.
    _____
    Ontopic, Hub sounds exactly as obsolete as I thought it would be. No IN-app access to replying/composing, duplicate notification behaviour between the Hub and the Tray, missing apps (even BB10 came with WhatsApp from release day). Sad, but not unexpected. Good enough for Android users probably, because any sort of Hub would look like an improvement there.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    10-31-15 03:57 PM
    1. If you have to use the only device for your daily routine, will you keep Priv or go back to Passport?
    I think I would need to give the Priv a bit more time but I do sorely miss the proper Hub. I have never been much of an app user so the app gap on BB10 did not bother me, I just sideloaded what I needed onto the Passport and that device was just so super efficient with the Hub. They are both fantastic and I will probably stick with the Priv but in all honesty the Passport handled messaging much more elegantly.

Could you post your battery charts for at least 24 hours (similar to BB10 Device Monitor), preferably with apps usage % displayed. If there is such option, of course.
    There are lots of battery monitoring options (part of the Android OS I think). I am not posting screenshots of the device but a full battery went down to 30% over the course of 12 hours with the screen burning through 29% of it. I forgot to charge overnight but the device only went down by 1 or 2%.

inability to control app behaviour without being a tech geek is bit too much for me.
    I believe this is built in to Android 6. Dtek can notify you when an app tries to access a specific feature but it cannot stop it, only kill the app process if you tell it to.
    10-31-15 04:00 PM
    Pre or post production model ? model number?
    10-31-15 04:01 PM
    A lot of Android users give their battery life as Screen On Time, which you can see by going to the battery settings and tapping on display. What have you gotten?
    10-31-15 04:02 PM
849 ... 678910 ...