You can peek into unread notifications from the Productivity Edge but only Hub compatible apps so again no Whatsapp. Personally I turned it off pretty much immediately but some people may like the feature.

Personal preference has been not to use them but they are cool.

All the Blackberry apps are visible in the Android Settings 'apps' menu. They update via the Play Store and the OS separately.

I can not see an option for that. It may be there somewhere but I checked the obvious places.

There is no Blackberry App World and purchases do not carry over into Play Store.

By default there is no swipe to wake and I can not see an option to enable it. You wake the screen by tapping twice, or by opening the keyboard.

Please do ask a question you would like to see answered.

Yes and you can change colour by app, account and contact. Oddly by default email accounts flash in White LED.

Liked it after an hour. Love it after a week. Needs a few software tweaks which I'm sure Blackberry is working on.

Yes it has the fugly Android emoji! Whatsapp has the iOS ones.

There is the option to install replacement emoji packs. I hope BB can make some nice ones.
    Yea, but don't you need to root your phone to do that, which BlackBerry doesn't allow? And on the subject, can we change the font style?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 02:14 PM
    Yea, but don't you need to root your phone to do that, which BlackBerry doesn't allow? And on the subject, can we change the font style?

Posted via CB10
    I've tried to figure out how to change the font on my Nexus 7, and root is required for that. I don't think anything else on that list requires root.
    10-31-15 02:18 PM
    After reading this, I'm so excited to use the PKB. I've had a few BlackBerries but have always managed to avoid their iconic QWERTY keyboard, whether it was the Pearl or the Z10. Beyond excited to see what all the hype is about.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-31-15 02:22 PM
    When you reply an email can you select and attach various attachments, like photos or documents from dropbox etc like it is possible on OS 10?
    Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Every smartphone on earth can do that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-31-15 02:23 PM
    I've tried to figure out how to change the font on my Nexus 7, and root is required for that. I don't think anything else on that list requires root.
    Settings >>>> Display >>> doesn't give you font options?
    10-31-15 02:24 PM
    apart from the iphone... the attachment has to come from the app, and then get pushed to the email client i think!
    Paul Ratanaboon likes this.
    10-31-15 02:25 PM
    PrivBerry: Could you please look at post #28 in this thread?

I've tried to ask you three times about the manual camera capabilities, but no answer so far...
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-31-15 02:26 PM
    apart from the iphone... the attachment has to come from the app, and then get pushed to the email client i think!
    You would be thinking incorrectly.

10-31-15 02:27 PM
    Settings >>>> Display >>> doesn't give you font options?
    Font size is the only option. Actually changing the font requires root, among other things. It isn't as easy a process as you might think.
    10-31-15 02:28 PM
    You would be thinking incorrectly.

can you attach multiple files to one email? can you attach files from your SMB server? I couldn't do either on my gf's ipad, without downloading more apps. Are you saying there was a way? I ended up just sending the emails to myself, attaching them in another email and sending it back to her to forward on... not saying there isn't a way... it just wasn't all that clear to me
    10-31-15 02:31 PM
    Font size is the only option. Actually changing the font requires root, among other things. It isn't as easy a process as you might think.
    Ah - that's interesting - just looked and on my g4 you can change the font that way, however looking at my Wife's nexus 5, you only have size.

Privberry - which way is it on the Priv?
    10-31-15 02:31 PM
    Silver trim metal or painted plastic?
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-31-15 02:32 PM
    So, there are toast notifications on this too, or just notifications that pop up?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 02:36 PM
    can you attach multiple files to one email? can you attach files from your SMB server? I couldn't do either on my gf's ipad, without downloading more apps. Are you saying there was a way? I ended up just sending the emails to myself, attaching them in another email and sending it back to her to forward on... not saying there isn't a way... it just wasn't all that clear to me
    Yes. If you have a decent file manager installed like ES. Works just like BB.

10-31-15 02:38 PM
    So, there are toast notifications on this too, or just notifications that pop up?

Posted via CB10
    That's app dependent on Android. I imagine Hub integrated apps have it.

10-31-15 02:39 PM
    Bit disappointed with the Hub. I mean anyone can write a SMS app so there's no need to dump the user out to Messenger or Hangouts. BBRY should just bake that functionality into the hub and not rely on third party apps.
    10-31-15 02:42 PM
    For me the reason I'm almost committed to buying this phone is that I want the android apps but love my BlackBerry Hub and emails handling. Have you had any hiccups with Android apps or apps crashing? Is email/message handling in hub identical to BlackBerry 10? Also are bb10 gestures the same?

Posted via CB10
    Egod101, Asvertus and mundo472 like this.
    10-31-15 02:42 PM
    Silver trim metal or painted plastic?
    Not painted - I think it's color polycarbonate. Its tough and looks premium altho metal it aint.

I've tried to ask you three times about the manual camera capabilities
    "Unfortunately your device doesn't support manual settings at all."

They pop at the top just like BB10.
    10-31-15 02:44 PM
    iOS file management is preposterously bad. Android is way better due to third party file managers.

10-31-15 02:45 PM
    Bit disappointed with the Hub. I mean anyone can write a SMS app so there's no need to dump the user out to Messenger or Hangouts. BBRY should just bake that functionality into the hub and not rely on third party apps.
    I hope that will come.

For me the reason I'm almost committed to buying this phone is that I want the android apps but love my BlackBerry Hub and emails handling. Have you had any hiccups with Android apps or apps crashing? Is email/message handling in hub identical to BlackBerry 10? Also are bb10 gestures the same?
    Although Hub itself operates very different as I described the email portion of it is very similar to BB10 and it looks almost the same.

I would look at this phone as "an Android phone with added benefits of Blackberry keyboard and apps". Do not approach it as "Blackberry phone with benefits of Android apps".

No problems with Android apps at all. All the ones you would want like Insta, Netflix, YouTube, CNN, Hulu - all work perfect.
    10-31-15 02:47 PM
    Swipe from bottom to fully wake the phone? Double type to wake? or? THANKS!

EDIT: Saw you already answered, it is double tap...
    10-31-15 02:49 PM
    Thinking about it - is this partly to do with the permissions model on Android - if the user downloads and installs Textra as their app of choice - unless Textra decides to write hooks for the hub, then BBRY would not be compliant with the OEM guidelines on what apps can control if the users have given permissions to other apps?
    10-31-15 02:53 PM
    privberry, since you are a BB10 and passport user. there has been a lot of faffing about a 'secure' android. Apart from boot time security measures I don't see much of secure features other than DTEK tell us what certain apps are doing. what is your take on 'security' features on priv since marshmallow is still in future and we do not know yet what exactly it will bring by way of user's ability to control app data mining and/or permissions.
    On Passport, flicking words work like charm and words can be flicked with ease but priv has a lip just above physical keys when using physical keys. were you able to predictive words without hitting the lip/collar of the screen edge?
    10-31-15 02:55 PM
    on a Gmail account with the Hub, (not familiar with the hub), can you archive a message with a gesture rather than delete it?
    10-31-15 02:56 PM
    I guess that's why he said "every smartphone on earth can do that". SCNR
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-31-15 02:58 PM
849 ... 45678 ...