Thank you privberry for answering all of our questions thus far. I am coming from a Blackberry Q10. My question to you is about Blackberry App world. Is it present on blackberry priv? Or will I lose the apps that I have collected over all these years and have to re-purchase them on Google Play store?
    Last edited by Sleepy_ER_Dr; 10-31-15 at 02:12 PM.
    10-31-15 01:37 PM
    BlackBerry World is only for BB10 and BBOS phones, it is not available or even possible for any Android phone to use including the Priv, but you should have no problem finding replacement apps in the Google Play Store.
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    10-31-15 01:39 PM
    Thank you privberry for answer all our questions thus far. I am coming from a Blackberry Q10. My question to you is about Blackberry App world. Is it present on blackberry priv? Or will I lose the apps that I have collected over all these years and have to re-purchase them on Google Play store?
    Of course not. This is an Android device. It does not run BB10 apps.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    10-31-15 01:40 PM
    Does it have swipe to wake and does it actually work. Half the time it doesnt work on my M9
    10-31-15 01:41 PM
    Is it possible to disable quick charging in the settings?
    Just use the standard 1.3 Amp BlackBerry charger that comes with it and you will be fine.
    10-31-15 01:45 PM
    Sorry to be skeptical, but why not show a few more photos of it, and perhaps some screenshots

Am I the only one that could answer most of these questions from all the leaks and video readily available?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:47 PM
    Does it have the good ole red flashing LED light for notifications?

In general, do you like this phone? Are you liking it more and more with time?

Thank you!

I clicked and flicked this on my Passport.
    10-31-15 01:47 PM
    Of course not. This is an Android device. It does not run BB10 apps.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Isn't that kind of ironic?
    10-31-15 01:48 PM
    I can answer the quick charging. Just don't use a charger that supports it.
    I think (and happy to be corrected) the charger it comes with is not a quicker charger so should be fine?
    10-31-15 01:48 PM
    Sorry to be skeptical, but why not show a few more photos of it, and perhaps some screenshots.
    Because the Priv is not officially available until November 6th.
    10-31-15 01:50 PM

I know the reddit AMA said the File Manager was there. It is not and the BB Help app says you should download one from Play Store.
    Crap. That's kind of a deal breaker for me.
    10-31-15 01:51 PM
    GPS has tons of files managers. They literally have an app for. Everything

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:52 PM
    Nice, thanks
    10-31-15 01:53 PM
    How it feels on hands? Opened? Does apps open fast? any lag on it? how fast opens Camera? can swype from PKB while writing?
    Thanks for replying to all these questions. I was skeptical about the Priv because I really like BB10 and some aspects of BB10 would be annoying to live without.

With all the information appearing about this phone, I am getting closer to breaking down and buying one. That said, I may hold off until I see reviews of the Hub that are actually good. If it takes them a few months to release a Hub that's up to par, I can hold off until then.
    Thanks for your time.
    Can you upload a review video?
    Does it have those fugly emojis?
    And how well do the android apps work?
    I have more questions, but I just can't think of them right now.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:55 PM
    If anyone's worried about file management, this ES File Explorer is what you'll want. I use it all the time to FTP into my phone over WiFi. Infact I have an NFC tag on my desk. I swipe my phone over it, and the phone turns the FTP server on, and sends a command to my desktop that launches FileZilla with the correct settings. Automated wireless file transfers. schweet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.pop&hl=en_GB
    10-31-15 01:55 PM
    GPS has tons of files managers. They literally have an app for. Everything

Posted via CB10
    I've always used Astro file manager.
    10-31-15 01:56 PM
    When you reply an email can you select and attach various attachments, like photos or documents from dropbox etc like it is possible on OS 10?
    Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-31-15 01:57 PM
    If anyone's worried about file management, this ES File Explorer is what you'll want. I use it all the time to FTP into my phone over WiFi. Infact I have an NFC tag on my desk. I swipe my phone over it, and the phone turns the FTP server on, and sends a command to my desktop that launches FileZilla with the correct settings. Automated wireless file transfers. schweet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.pop&hl=en_GB
    I was going to recommend this but couldn't remember what is was called beyond ES
    10-31-15 01:57 PM
    Hopefully blackberry would put more stock apps in the android store.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:59 PM
    Pre or post production? What model number?
    10-31-15 02:01 PM
    The thing about the hub that people seem to forget is that 3rd party developers are the one who should integrate their apps into the hub. The same is available for BB10. Did anyone really expect for devs to integrate their apps into another app that is not even released yet?

BB probably inegrated some apps that have public APIs available, but don't expect a lot of devs to do so.
    This. I mean it's not like Pushbullet and all those not in a similar situation initially, have supported everything on market right from scratch. BlackBerry is practically starting fresh here with a clean slate.
    10-31-15 02:03 PM
    Does the productivity edge not work like peek?
    You can peek into unread notifications from the Productivity Edge but only Hub compatible apps so again no Whatsapp. Personally I turned it off pretty much immediately but some people may like the feature.

How about the pop up widgets, do you find them useful?
    Personal preference has been not to use them but they are cool.

Can you tell us how stock Android (assuming you are familiar with)? How does BlackBerry intigrate, Installed apps only? I assume Android is updated by Blackberry directly and apps separately like you confirmed?
    All the Blackberry apps are visible in the Android Settings 'apps' menu. They update via the Play Store and the OS separately.

Is it possible to disable quick charging in the settings? I ask this because heat shortens battery life and quick charging generates more heat. I plug overnight and don't need quick charging, so prefer to baby the battery.
    I can not see an option for that. It may be there somewhere but I checked the obvious places.

Thank you privberry for answer all our questions thus far. I am coming from a Blackberry Q10. My question to you is about Blackberry App world. Is it present on blackberry priv? Or will I lose the apps that I have collected over all these years and have to re-purchase them on Google Play store?
    There is no Blackberry App World and purchases do not carry over into Play Store.

Does it have swipe to wake and does it actually work.
    By default there is no swipe to wake and I can not see an option to enable it. You wake the screen by tapping twice, or by opening the keyboard.

Sorry to be skeptical... Am I the only one that could answer most of these questions from all the leaks and video readily available?
    Please do ask a question you would like to see answered.

Does it have the good ole red flashing LED light for notifications?
    Yes and you can change colour by app, account and contact. Oddly by default email accounts flash in White LED.

In general, do you like this phone? Are you liking it more and more with time?
    Liked it after an hour. Love it after a week. Needs a few software tweaks which I'm sure Blackberry is working on.

Does it have those fugly emojis?
    And how well do the android apps work?
    Yes it has the fugly Android emoji! Whatsapp has the iOS ones.

There is the option to install replacement emoji packs. I hope BB can make some nice ones.
    10-31-15 02:10 PM
    But why? They had something great. Something envied and poorly duplicated by other platforms?
    Oh, I was replying to Toni.
    Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 02:10 PM
849 ... 34567 ...