Does it seem like an Android Launcher can be installed (Nova Pro)?
    10-31-15 11:53 AM
    I have a Priv. Ask me Anything.-unnamed.jpg

You should find those are this morning's headlines.
    10-31-15 11:54 AM
    Everyone. Please be skeptical of what privberry says unless he offers proof that he has one.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:55 AM
    I think GP540 may have had a pre-release one, so I asked again. Possibly taken out last minute.
    Yeah, he was the source I read it from. I hope it's there. I can't see them taking that out. Would be a cool use for the pkb.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:59 AM
    Does it have one touch speed dial or app shortcuts by pressing and holding a key on the keyboard?
    Yes, this exists. There have been screenshots showing how to assign keys. I love this feature. So happy it's there.

Posted via CB10
    hugh_jorgan likes this.
    10-31-15 12:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	14485 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	378383

Bibi on BB

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:01 PM
    Lol I could also answer this questions...

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    10-31-15 12:02 PM
    Bibi on BB

Posted via CB10
    Sweet phone

Posted via Z30.
    10-31-15 12:06 PM
    Does it have one touch speed dial or app shortcuts by pressing and holding a key on the keyboard?
    That's already answered on Telus' simulator.

BlackBerry PRIV | Support | TELUS.com

Special Features -> Slide-out Capacitive Keyboard -> Step 6 for app shortcuts.
    10-31-15 12:06 PM
    As a guy who has a z10.... would you recommend it as an upgrade ? Did you like the phone based on your needs? In your opinion, is this something a BlackBerry user would care for ?

Thx for posting and answering questions.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:10 PM
    Does it have aptx
    I don't know what that is.

Do YouTube videos keep playing if you turn off the screen or if you go to another tab in the browser?
    They stop.

Does it have BlackBerry 10 Browser or just Chrome?
    Just Chrome.

Is there any lag in the OS?
    I have found generally not at all. Sometimes it takes a moment to open the Hub when you activate it from another app.

How is phone call and reception quality?
    Seems very good. Contact had trouble hearing me over speakerphone when I was a meter away.

Is the speaker louder than on Passport?
    I prefer the Passport speaker in terms of audio quality - but this beast is loud.

Any significant repeated moments of irritation in your one week experience with the Priv?
    Controversially - actually trying to use it as a communications device.

Can I turn off SMS and social media notifications in the Hub and use it exclusively for email?
    Yes but it will still display the red spark for text messages even when you have read them in the dedicated Messenger app.

I've read that it does answer and hangup with slider, are you sure?
    Correction on my previous point - it is in the Dialler settings. When you have an incoming call you can choose to:
    Do Nothing, Open the keyboard to Answer, Open the Keyboard to dismiss the call and text a reply. The default is reject call when you open the keyboard which is why I thought it did not work. I cannot see an option for 'hang up with slider' and did not work when I tried.

When the Priv was first shown at CES, the person holding the devices put his thumb in the middle of a dark screen and opened the slider, turning the screen on. The UI didn't do anything and five seconds later, he shut the slider and the screen immediately turned off. Does your Priv do anything like that?
    Open the keyboard and the screen comes on. Close the keyboard and it waits for the standard screen time out you have chosen before screen goes off. That is the default.

Yes from the home screen.

This may be an unanswerable question, but could you point out your experience of using the device vs. one of the bb10 devices like the passport! Do you miss the 'flow', what's the biggest difference when using the device on a daily basis compared to a bb10 device?
    The Flow is SORELY missed. Hub is pretty useless on the Priv for a number of reasons:

You cannot peek into it.

It does not have apps like Whatspp integrated so when you hear a message tone you have to check both the hub and the standard Android notification tray to find out who is messaging you.

Apps like Twitter show all interactions in the Hub like retweets and favs not just personal messages and I cannot see a way to filter it so it is only personal messages so Twitter is not useful in the Hub at all.

It doubles up on notifications - if you get an SMS you see a spark on both the SMS app and the Hub icon. The spark remains if you read the SMS in the SMS app so you have to clear it twice.

I have gone back to a home screen with the main messaging apps on and when I hear a notification sound I first look at which app has the spark on it. That seems to me like the 2006 way of doing things.

When in the Hub you swipe the screen to the right to see your individual accounts just like on BB10... but if you swipe in the middle of the screen it tries to delete or file away the message you had your finger on. On BB10 swiping on a message in the Hub didn't do anything but in the Android Hub it registers as an interaction. That means if you want to get to account view, you have to swipe from the farthest left pixel of the screen avoiding the message, but that's hard to do because the farthest left pixel is down the side of the cell phone due to the curve screen.

Twitter, SMS, Facebook are all just notifications in the Hub and you cannot reply to them. Tapping a message opens the Messenger SMS app to actually reply.

Also if you see the spark on an app and go into it to check who has messaged you the spark remains until you go into the Android notification hub and dismiss the notification. It doubles the work you do to check notifications.

In short the Hub is pretty redundant as it stands and I miss it sorely. I hope they are working on it.

Worst of all no Dark theme.

Does it seem like an Android Launcher can be installed (Nova Pro)?
    Yes.
    10-31-15 12:11 PM
    Well the hub is in Google play, I'm pretty sure they will update it frequently
    No need to wait for os update
    10-31-15 12:15 PM
    The back camera is good and the dual flash is great. As good as the Passport camera if not better.

No dark hub.
    No Lithuanian in preinstalled options but sure you can download that.
    Loading is shown by a circle not a squircle.

That is objective. It feels nice. It looks great. People ask all the time what phone I am using. It is "as premium" as the Passport although one or two things about the software experience could be improved.
    Thanks, so how did you get it or can that not be discussed?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:16 PM
    I'm going to try it anyway, but that's pretty disappointing to hear about the Hub. I think it will be worth it for email alone, but one of the best features of the hub is being able to instantly reply. I would have thought they would nail that down before launch.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:18 PM
    Wow Hub sounds BAD. No WhatsApp and no real SMS integration. If this is the final release, bad bad bad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kertong and Q10Bold like this.
    10-31-15 12:18 PM
    Can you compare the battery life to your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:20 PM
    Sorry one of the biggest questions i had, is the screen not flush with the speaker? It looks like it's lifted up slightly, I'd assume to help you slide it out but it would be pretty ugly imo.

Posted via CB10
    Well the information regarding the hub and its lack of functions is really disappointing.... If this isnt fixed then I don't think it will bode well with reviewers. Also will ruin the experience...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Thx Privberry for answering all these questions.

Your comments re the Hub would definitely stop me ordering one. Do you think your device is running an older software and by Nov 6th, they'll have the Hub working like on BB10?

Makes no sense to use it as you explained to see notifications twice and not be able to reply from the Hub.

My other question is: have you tried dictation text in an email or text and if so, how good is it? Does it use Google or is it painfully slow and mistypes like my Classic?

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx likes this.
    10-31-15 12:21 PM
    The way it's described, the Hub is simply an email app + notification aggregator. Maybe a really good email app, but the lack of true integation of other services would be a complete disappointment. I will keep my order, but if this is the case, will be returning, and this will be end of BB for me

I can only hope that the OP's version of the OS is not final or the OP is a troll
    rai187 and dieselcat like this.
    10-31-15 12:27 PM
    Do you think your device is running an older software and by Nov 6th, they'll have the Hub working like on BB10?
    All the stock apps had updates waiting straight outta the box so there will probably be regular updates.

My other question is: have you tried dictation text in an email or text and if so, how good is it? Does it use Google or is it painfully slow and mistypes like my Classic?
    Google takes care of dictation and is good. It is actually better than Siri dictation because if it mis hears a word you can immediately delete that word and respeak it without leaving dictation. One tap on the Mic key on the PKB to dictate. Google Now (like Siri) is also good although less sassy and won't tell jokes.

Sorry one of the biggest questions i had, is the screen not flush with the speaker? It looks like it's lifted up slightly, I'd assume to help you slide it out but it would be pretty ugly imo.
    It is lifted slightly. I do not find it ugly. Gives you grip to slide from.

Can you compare the battery life to your Passport?
    Compares well on the days it does not have unexpectedly high drain. But it is also super quick to charge.
    10-31-15 12:29 PM
    Can you give the device id? I want to download from play store the apps of BlackBerry and this require device id of the priv

Posted via CB10
    Xaiux likes this.
    10-31-15 12:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	14485 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	378383

Good enough proof for me. Thanks
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-31-15 12:33 PM
    That's true...but the concept seems to be to open other apps, not integrate. Maybe reading too much into it at this point. The double notifications sound annoying as h3ll.
    10-31-15 12:36 PM
    How did you get it, does it feel like an $800.00 phone

Posted via CB10
    ROFL

Does it "feel like an $800 phone"? This is funny! I think you should explain "objectively" what that means. I'd say it feels like a $1000 phone, but that is my point of view. To you it may feel like a $100 phone instead. It is funny how people refer to phones by the price tag. Die a Lexus feel like a $50k car compared to a MB? Id say "he'll no!" because I'd take any MB over an overpriced Toyota. However, there may be many people who would disagree with me and that is fine. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-31-15 12:41 PM
849 12345 ...