On the contrary, I've never seen so much hate for this device in CrackBerry :-D
    Just the name.
    10-06-15 12:02 PM
    And why exactly would anybody buy this phone ? The BlackBerry name is already trashed and other companies (notably Samsung) have better and cheaper offerings that end-users are familiar with.

Buying a Priv is like buying a car nobody wants because it has a bad smell.
    And of course, you know the Priv is more expensive than Samsung because...oh wait, how do you know that again?

Blackberry's name might be tarnished, but so are several others such as HTC with the abundant departures from many of their top execs. People still buy their phones though. Even if BB doesn't sell many due to their company drama, I'm sure they will still sell more than 800K devices in a quarter. After all, there's a lot of buzz around this phone as well as sufficient media coverage. Even if BB doesn't advertise it, It'll be known through carrier support and media articles.
    10-06-15 12:34 PM
    Even if BB doesn't sell many due to their company drama, I'm sure they will still sell more than 800K devices in a quarter.
    Just to quote you "How do you know that again."
    10-06-15 12:47 PM
    You must be rich then, to pay for BIS.
    In the U.S., we never paid for BIS over whatever the data plan cost was. I got the $30 a month Unlimited BlackBerry Data plan - which was the same data plan cost as it was for any other smartphone at the time, except that it included provisioning for BIS.

I kept that data plan ever since, and I'm still grandfathered into that unlimited data plan - of course, now without BIS once I got my Z10 just over 2 years ago. My wife is still on her unlimited plan as well, except that she upgraded from the old 8100 to an iPhone 3G in '09.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    10-06-15 01:08 PM
    In the U.S., we never paid for BIS over whatever the data plan cost was. I got the $30 a month Unlimited BlackBerry Data plan - which was the same data plan cost as it was for any other smartphone at the time, except that it included provisioning for BIS.

I kept that data plan ever since, and I'm still grandfathered into that unlimited data plan - of course, now without BIS once I got my Z10 just over 2 years ago. My wife is still on her unlimited plan as well, except that she upgraded from the old 8100 to an iPhone 3G in '09.
    In Canada we have Bell Mobility, which insists that BlackBerry 10 devices require a BlackBerry data plan.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    10-06-15 01:10 PM
    In Canada we have Bell Mobility, which insists that BlackBerry 10 devices require a BlackBerry data plan.
    Okay, well, that's just wrong (for the carrier)... but I'm not surprised.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:06 PM
    And why exactly would anybody buy this phone ? The BlackBerry name is already trashed and other companies (notably Samsung) have better and cheaper offerings that end-users are familiar with.

Buying a Priv is like buying a car nobody wants because it has a bad smell.
    Oh really, didn't know Samsung is offering a keyboard slider device, could you send me a link to that "better" and "cheaper" device, please?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:10 PM
32 12