Whether its on Crackberry's Forums/Comments, Youtube and the Comments, Or in person. I have not heard/read so many positive comments/hype about a Blackberry phone ever. This Blackberry Priv phone is the real deal. With all the leaks including the recently leaked specs with 4k video, and 64-bits, almost comfirming a qualcomm 808. As bad as Chens horrible demo video on BNN was doesn't seem to matter. From what Iv seen this phone is selling itself to a lot of people. Both Blackberry Fans, and Android users are taking a very serious look at this phone and saying "Wow!"

Blackberry do us all proud. Your a great marketing blitz away from becoming the Samsung Galaxy series of phone for the next 7 years.
    z3user and anon(8908445) like this.
    10-05-15 11:56 PM
    There is a lot of hype. A lot of people have always loved bb hardware and build but needed apps. Nobody builds a more expensive looking phone than blackberry. Blackberry is classy and with Android on it? I can't wait for this phone. I was going to get the note 5 in January but now I'm down with the PRIV.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-15 03:55 AM
    I dont think the hype is more than of what they had for passport .. passport came with many features of BB10 ..
    This couldnt cause the hype bcz everybody else in the world already had android ..
    but ya .. hype is there .. and its increasing ..
    the most searched and worried thing is its price ..
    10-06-15 04:33 AM
    Its great they have all the hype, but now it's all about getting the device officially released while the hype is still out there!!!! I just hope they don't drag their feet and are late getting the device on the market and then everyone will have already bought the new iPhone 6s or a Samsung Galaxy model? In todays highly competitive market, it's the early bird that gets the worm!!!!
    MO3iusONE and Blacklatino like this.
    10-06-15 05:24 AM
    You must not go to mobilesyrup lol

But ya I've noticed the same on a bunch of sites I go to that aren't BlackBerry centric

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix News C003BA5E3 *-*
    10-06-15 06:16 AM
    Hype or no hype I hope BlackBerry can sell a few million of these in the next year. I think they can.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-06-15 07:00 AM
    Hype or no hype I hope BlackBerry can sell a few million of these in the next year. I think they can.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    And why exactly would anybody buy this phone ? The BlackBerry name is already trashed and other companies (notably Samsung) have better and cheaper offerings that end-users are familiar with.

Buying a Priv is like buying a car nobody wants because it has a bad smell.
    10-06-15 08:02 AM
    And why exactly would anybody buy this phone ? The BlackBerry name is already trashed and other companies (notably Samsung) have better and cheaper offerings that end-users are familiar with.

Buying a Priv is like buying a car nobody wants because it has a bad smell.
    because now users don't have to give up apps to get a BB. Android people are not as brand loyal as apple users, beceause you can move between manufacturers and your app ecosystem moves with you.
    10-06-15 08:26 AM
    I dont think the hype is more than of what they had for passport .. passport came with many features of BB10 ..
    This couldnt cause the hype bcz everybody else in the world already had android ..
    but ya .. hype is there .. and its increasing ..
    the most searched and worried thing is its price ..
    Outside of Crackberry, the Passport hype wasn't all that great. It was all "it's weird, it's square, who wants that" kind of commentary in it whether within the blog/tech article, or in the comments after.

There was a lot of negative connotations with it. I haven't seen any of that with the Priv.

In fact, even the name didn't get quite the negative reaction I thought it would. Most of that came from this forum - including from me. When I checked the outside world, there was not one negative article on the name - at least not that I found. Even BGR didn't say anything bad about the name. Maybe one or two in the comments, but that was it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 09:33 AM
    because now users don't have to give up apps to get a BB. Android people are not as brand loyal as apple users, beceause you can move between manufacturers and your app ecosystem moves with you.
    QFT. I've actually seen my Android friend jump brand to brand every iteration he got. HTC, Samsung Nexus, LG Nexus, OnePlus and now he's on Sony.

And interesting note is that people said some of the "flagship killers" coming along with monster specs at a lower price, you get what you pay for. The friend actually told me the OnePlus' build quality is actually that bad he got rid of it. So in the Android world it's not all about price and specs only.
    10-06-15 09:41 AM
    BlackBerry has always been known to take ages to launch a product and can never confirm a release date for any of the products they've revealed until what seems like a year later. Six months after showing off a device, the hype for that product has already died down. Technology doesn't wait for any companies that lags behind in conforming and releasing a product ASAP.

P.S. Who are the people that came up with the names for BB10 phones like the Leap and Priv lately??? Those people seriously need a reality check.

Its great they have all the hype, but now it's all about getting the device officially released while the hype is still out there!!!! I just hope they don't drag their feet and are late getting the device on the market and then everyone will have already bought the new iPhone 6s or a Samsung Galaxy model? In todays highly competitive market, it's the early bird that gets the worm!!!!

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    10-06-15 09:44 AM
    Double post
    10-06-15 09:45 AM
    On the contrary, I've never seen so much hate for this device in CrackBerry :-D
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    10-06-15 09:52 AM
    If that is the case... they are already a number of years too late.

They need to capitalize on this hype by delivering a product that is READY. No hint of it being a beta device or "just wait for the optimizations"....

Let's face it, if they have an iPhone... odds are they aren't going to be interested in the PRIV anyway, as Apple has like a 90% retention rate. But there are a lot of BB10 users that have reached the two year mark on their Z10 and Q10, and there will always be Android users coming off contract or looking to upgrade to something new. The software needs to be perfect so that there is no noticeable performance impact in the BlackBerry Experience Apps. I'd rather see a delay than a release of a not ready for prime time device. Cause they won't get a chance at a 2nd impression or review.
    bakron1 and Blacklatino like this.
    10-06-15 10:00 AM
    It's beyond stupidity because here we have "the Beast" which they decided to name it as "the Puppy". Might as well name it the PriviPoop.

On the contrary, I've never seen so much hate for this device in CrackBerry :-D

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    10-06-15 10:01 AM
    If that is the case... they are already a number of years too late.

They need to capitalize on this hype by delivering a product that is READY. No hint of it being a beta device or "just wait for the optimizations"....

Let's face it, if they have an iPhone... odds are they aren't going to be interested in the PRIV anyway, as Apple has like a 90% retention rate. But there are a lot of BB10 users that have reached the two year mark on their Z10 and Q10, and there will always be Android users coming off contract or looking to upgrade to something new. The software needs to be perfect so that there is no noticeable performance impact in the BlackBerry Experience Apps. I'd rather see a delay than a release of a not ready for prime time device. Cause they won't get a chance at a 2nd impression or review.
    I could be wrong here, but didn't Mr Chen say they where developing the Priv for the past year during that demo interview with the female reporter?

If so, then they should be good to go after testing the beta devices for the past year?
    10-06-15 10:09 AM
    I could be wrong here, but didn't Mr Chen say they where developing the Priv for the past year during that demo interview with the female reporter?

If so, then they should be good to go after testing the beta devices for the past year?
    He also said November...

But it's the software that could be the issue.... remember how long it took them to get BBM for Android usable. Go look at the BBM app in Google Play even now, and read maybe the last 50 reviews... majority are still a lot of performance complaints. BBM alone might be a problem for BlackBerry, add in a few other security apps and they could have some big issues with battery life and performance that many consumers won't put up with.

Personally I hope that things like BBM as optional.....
    10-06-15 10:20 AM
    BB people don't care about apps at all.
    10-06-15 11:21 AM
    BB people don't care about apps at all.
    I sure hope that was sarcasm...
    10-06-15 11:23 AM
    I sure hope that was sarcasm...
    Don't get your hopes high. Here people still think of bb as bbos workrelated. and you couldn't buy a BlackBerry unless you were corporate untill reasently. Do you really think people love the BB brand when all it do is remind them of a crippeled work tool? I'm here because I love the all touch experience of BB10. But seriously people around here need to do a reality check if they think an overpriced medium build quality Android phone is what's going to safe BlackBerry. People with BB10 don't want it and people with Android don't care for it either do the math.

1. The Priv will flop
    2. BB still needs hardware to support their software
    3. Both BB and Windows Phone are in transition

That's way I'm staying with my Z30 for at least half a year or untill I know what if anything will come after the Priv. But Know this if BB ends Hardware it will be a blow to the Software division.

If people craved apps so why do you think they made the prosumer concept and the Passport? Just because a strategy ain't working for you, It doesn't mean that running in the opposite direction will pay off ~ quite the contrary.
    10-06-15 11:38 AM
    Don't get your hopes high. Here people still think of bb as bbos workrelated. and you couldn't buy a BlackBerry unless you were corporate untill reasently. Do you really think people love the BB brand when all it do is remind them of a crippeled work tool? I'm here because I love the all touch experience of BB10. But seriously people around here need to do a reality check if they think an overpriced medium build quality Android phone is what's going to safe BlackBerry. People with BB10 don't want it and people with Android don't care for it either do the math.

1. The Priv will flop
    2. BB still needs hardware to support their software
    3. Both BB and Windows Phone are in transition

That's way I'm staying with my Z30 for at least half a year or untill I know what if anything will come after the Priv. But Know this if BB ends Hardware it will be a blow to the Software division.

If people craved apps so why do you thing they made the prosumer concept and the Passport. Just because a strategy ain't working for you, It doesn't mean that running in the opposite direction will pay off ~ quite the contrary.
    The "prosumer" marketing scheme failed. It didn't catch on. And these "prosumers" DO need apps, just business ones, which are still not available on BB10.

I am not saying that the priv will be successful, but it has more of a chance of succeeding than if it came with BB10.
    10-06-15 11:43 AM
    Don't get your hopes high. Here people still think of bb as bbos workrelated. and you couldn't buy a BlackBerry unless you were corporate untill reasently.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

I bought my first BlackBerry back in 2007. All by myself, for personal use, straight off the AT&T consumer website.

Well, me and my wife both bought Pearl 8100s then.

If by "recently" you mean more than 8 years ago, then... okay.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:48 AM
    The "prosumer" marketing scheme failed. It didn't catch on. And these "prosumers" DO need apps, just business ones, which are still not available on BB10.

I am not saying that the priv will be successful, but it has more of a chance of succeeding than if it came with BB10.
    It seems we agree as I can't argue with the larger baserate market that constitutes android. The keyword here is More
    10-06-15 11:49 AM

I bought my first BlackBerry back in 2007. All by myself, for personal use, straight off the AT&T consumer website.

Posted via CB10
    I gues you don't know there are people living outside the US. And for many countries a dataplan was corporate only.

As you can see some Carriers didn't even allow for BB10 handsets to be used. https://supportforums.blackberry.com...n/td-p/2522627
    10-06-15 11:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    You must be rich then, to pay for BIS.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    10-06-15 12:00 PM
32 12