What's up everyone.

Today I have to be honest about something. I have read so many reviews about the BlackBerry priv. I would have to say that the majority of those reviews have been mixed. There is one aspect of the mixed reviews that I have to address. Reason being that I have experience a serious dose of it yesterday.

There is a lot to love about the BlackBerry priv; so don't misinterpret this post as a bashing of the Priv. There is one issue that jumps out at me about this phone. That would be the phone's lag. It did a number on me yesterday. Honestly I expectedsome lag because I was doing several things on it at one time.

I was taking calls, texting, BBM, Google maps for looking up information about a restaurant, and the Internet. So with all this going on, this would put a bit of a strain on any phone. But with the priv, it made this almost unbearable. So I came to this conclusion, this is not the phone for someone who needs a workhorse.

The Priv is gonna be great for someone who doesn't need to run multiple apps at the same time. Most of the time I don't but there are times when I need to get things done with multiple apps at the same time. Not to mention the battery couldn't hold up without a charge yesterday. But again, I did push it to the limit.

Maybe the BlackBerry Keyone would be better at this. I hope so because a physical keyboard does make life a lot easier for me. I'm thinking the BlackBerry keyone will be in my hands sooner than I thought :\
    skinnymike1 and ruhban like this.
    08-27-17 10:36 AM
    I find the biggest stress on the phone is Maps or Waze. Usually I can fly around the phone fairly well, unless the maps are open or loading. We also have two KEYones in the family and they seem much better.
    08-27-17 11:58 AM
    Ditto here. Google Maps can kill the phone. Is also for me the most intense battery user.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 12:05 PM
    A known issue, the 808 overheats and then throttles which makes it horribly slow.
    I found the flip case helped act as a decent heat sync
    08-27-17 12:07 PM
    What's up everyone.

Today I have to be honest about something. I have read so many reviews about the BlackBerry priv. I would have to say that the majority of those reviews have been mixed. There is one aspect of the mixed reviews that I have to address. Reason being that I have experience a serious dose of it yesterday.

There is a lot to love about the BlackBerry priv; so don't misinterpret this post as a bashing of the Priv. There is one issue that jumps out at me about this phone. That would be the phone's lag. It did a number on me yesterday. Honestly I expectedsome lag because I was doing several things on it at one time.

I was taking calls, texting, BBM, Google maps for looking up information about a restaurant, and the Internet. So with all this going on, this would put a bit of a strain on any phone. But with the priv, it made this almost unbearable. So I came to this conclusion, this is not the phone for someone who needs a workhorse.

The Priv is gonna be great for someone who doesn't need to run multiple apps at the same time. Most of the time I don't but there are times when I need to get things done with multiple apps at the same time. Not to mention the battery couldn't hold up without a charge yesterday. But again, I did push it to the limit.

Maybe the BlackBerry Keyone would be better at this. I hope so because a physical keyboard does make life a lot easier for me. I'm thinking the BlackBerry keyone will be in my hands sooner than I thought :\
    You need something more powerful than the SD625 on K1 to manage that load properly. More than 3GB RAM will help too.
    Google maps is a resource hog, especially when it has to download data while searching for something or navigating, and a processor made to keep battery juice as long as possible is not the best choice... Maybe the model sold in India could do better, but...
    08-28-17 10:32 AM
    Re: Google Maps. I have found that downloading your local map via wifi does help a little.
    08-28-17 11:18 AM
    How's the performance of Priv when it comes to Waze? I'm coming from BlackBerry 10 and I always close my apps.

And how about some popular run tracking apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 09:37 PM
    Google Maps was an absolute killer for my phone. It would turn on the heating and it would lag like crazy. And Maps was just painfully slow. Time to find a new phone I thought since I use Maps quite a lot. but after a hard reboot and reinstalling Android and the Google Maps app was updated it now works fine
    08-29-17 01:21 AM
    The periodic hard reboot and clearing of data cache helps to keep the Priv from bogging down.
    08-29-17 06:19 AM
    Google maps a killer for me too.. I'll try the 'hard reboot' and see how we go.
    08-29-17 06:36 AM
    There are other good map apps like osmand and Scout that are a little more lightweight in my experience.
    08-29-17 04:12 PM
    Especially if you download the maps to your SD card.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 04:17 PM
    Re: Google Maps. I have found that downloading your local map via wifi does help a little.
    I have done this. It only helps because my daily destination route is preloaded and I don't have to look it up.
    08-29-17 07:58 PM
    Google maps a killer for me too.. I'll try the 'hard reboot' and see how we go.
    Me too. Haven't done the 32 second reset in a little while. I'm not going told my breathe though.
    08-29-17 07:59 PM
    I find it lags here and there but yeah with the Priv, the less apps open at once the better. Sometimes it handles everything well but this does heat up quick.
    08-29-17 09:20 PM
    I find it lags here and there but yeah with the Priv, the less apps open at once the better. Sometimes it handles everything well but this does heat up quick.
    The Priv is the most random performing phone I have ever owned. At one point today, everything was good. Soon after, performance started to lag pretty bad. That was with just a couple apps open.

Maybe it's just a phase. I will do a full power cycle tonight and hopefully it will get better.
    ruhban likes this.
    08-29-17 10:24 PM
    The Priv is the most random performing phone I have ever owned. At one point today, everything was good. Soon after, performance started to lag pretty bad. That was with just a couple apps open.

Maybe it's just a phase. I will do a full power cycle tonight and hopefully it will get better.
    Funny. I found it to lag today for no reason too. Did a 32 second reboot. Seems to have helped a bit.
    08-29-17 10:55 PM
    How's the performance of Priv when it comes to Waze? I'm coming from BlackBerry 10 and I always close my apps.

And how about some popular run tracking apps?

Posted via CB10
    I find Waze to be better than Google Maps but still a bit slow to load.
    I use Endomondo from time to time and it functions fine.
    08-29-17 10:56 PM
    The periodic hard reboot and clearing of data cache helps to keep the Priv from bogging down.
    I have to do this regularly 🙁
    08-29-17 11:43 PM
    Guess this is something I will have to do on the regular myself. Just like Computers, they have to be power cycled every now and then. it is what it is I guess.
    08-30-17 02:21 PM
    Yep, Google maps seems to be the hardest app for my Priv to run as well. Everything else seems to work pretty well but for some reason there are more dropped frames and freezing with Google maps than any other app on my device. I pretty much dread every time I open that app.
    09-04-17 09:09 PM
    I use HERE Maps, which seems to work better for me as far as overheating.

However, my Priv gets unbearably hot and gives me the overheating warning when I'm sitting in direct sunlight. Just yesterday it happened, and it was only 85 outside, but the phone got really hot and I had to set it down for a while.
    09-05-17 07:15 AM
    I have noticed mine gets hot if I lay it in my black car seat with the sun coming in.
    09-05-17 08:00 AM
    The sad thing is that after nearly a year of using Priv, I’ve decided to go back to my beloved Passport SE. Priv is freezing al the time. Absolutely impossible to work with. My wife’s Priv, take a guess, same issues. My son Sony, the same. I’ve asked a friend who is using an Samsung S8 if he has any kind of issues. And again same thing. The Passport works amazing as usual. I’ve changed to Priv as it was the best way to support somehow the company. I was thinking at one point to get the KeyOne, but not anymore. Not in this conditions. Android is awful. I am aware that at one point I have to get a new phone and I am devastated that after ten years with Blackberry, probably I have to go for something else. And the choice it is inevitable an IPhone. Hopefully at one point in the future Blackberry will come back with its own software.
    09-05-17 10:39 AM
    Like I said before I had it for a few months and it fell on the crown screen cracked. Best thing that ever happened to me. It's just a very odd phone and for it price at launch it shouldn't have any lag issues that's ridiculous. My biggest issue with BlackBerry who I love is they put out phone with inferior specs jack the price up at launch then wonder why their phone business is dead

Posted via CB10
    09-05-17 07:00 PM