And I am sure that BlackBerry will never fix this unit and you ll be waiting for months to get it back. And you ll be paying shipping both ways.
    That's what BlackBerry is known for.
    Not sure why would you buy a phone with over 1k$ and have only last 3 hours battery time. Bad camera and bad keyboard?
    I wouldn't put up with that.

Posted via CB10
    Total BS!! I had a battery issue with my Z10 back when it was first released and they replaced it without thinking twice about it. It actually turned out to be a problem with one of the email accounts on my phone continuously trying to sync for some reason and had nothing to do with the phone itself but they still took it back and replaced it...all for free!
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-30-15 02:06 PM
    The battery life on my unit (retail) is very poor. It has powered through 10% of the battery in about 15 minutes. From a full charge it says I have four hours remaining. I think there is a problem with this particular unit and would not take this as the general experience.
    You can use the Settings --> Battery screen to get an idea of what is using most of your battery life. If you tap the 'Screen' entry, it will tell you your SOT (screen on time)

This battery usage page gets reset every time you charge to 100% though.
    10-30-15 02:11 PM
    Total BS!! I had a battery issue with my Z10 back when it was first released and they replaced it without thinking twice about it. It actually turned out to be a problem with one of the email accounts on my phone continuously trying to sync for some reason and had nothing to do with the phone itself but they still took it back and replaced it...all for free!
    Please see my earlier post. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails 'I have the Blackberry Priv in hand and will be answering questions for the next 30 mins. AMA.'-img_20151030_141030.png  
    10-30-15 02:11 PM
    Is there BlackBerry Travel?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe we will need a BB10 run-time? LOL!!!!!
    sidhuk and motec bb like this.
    10-30-15 02:13 PM
    You can use the Settings --> Battery screen to get an idea of what is using most of your battery life. If you tap the 'Screen' entry, it will tell you your SOT (screen on time)

This battery usage page gets reset every time you charge to 100% though.
    Screen is the biggest use at 4% in 23 minutes. BlackBerry Service the next biggest user, 2% after 11 minutes.
    10-30-15 02:15 PM
    Screen is the biggest use at 4% in 23 minutes. BlackBerry Service the next biggest user, 2% after 11 minutes.
    Is the screen on full brightness? Is ambient lighting set? Is adaptive brightness on? Is the screen set to sleep after 2 minutes of activity or 15 seconds?
    10-30-15 02:16 PM
    But you are saying that they dropped the ball on priv. Bad keyboard. Bad camera. Bad battery. You have been using this for a week. Does it have blackberry's 30 days return policy?
    Where did I say the keyboard was bad? I did not. The keyboard is fine. It does have a bad front facing camera. Not entirely sure either way on the battery yet as it varies.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-30-15 02:17 PM
    Is the screen on full brightness? Is ambient lighting set? Is adaptive brightness on? Is the screen set to sleep after 2 minutes of activity or 15 seconds?
    Middle brightness, adapt is on, screen sleeps after 15.
    Maybe we will need a BB10 run-time? LOL!!!!!
    There is no BlackBerry Travel.
    Let's compare with my passport. Not bad. Thanks for the feedback Privberry.

'I have the Blackberry Priv in hand and will be answering questions for the next 30 mins. AMA.'-img_20151030_141722.png

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:18 PM
    Thanks!

I'm getting 2% for 25 minutes SOT on a Nexus 5. I have brightness turned all the way down and the screen isn't as large as the PRIVs though.
    10-30-15 02:19 PM
    Middle brightness, adapt is on, screen sleeps after 15.
    Wow, thats kind of scary if its losing that much battery that fast. Even before I was on 6.0 my battery life wasnt that bad. Doze on 6.0 does make a huge difference though and I hope the priv does get it.
    10-30-15 02:20 PM
    Can you do a scratch and bend test . Apparently the nexus 6P fails miserably.
    sidhuk and Steve Rizla like this.
    10-30-15 02:20 PM
    Excellent point.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:22 PM
    Yeah, please do this. You don't mind bending your PRIV, right? lol
    10-30-15 02:22 PM
    Where did I say the keyboard was bad? I did not. The keyboard is fine. It does have a bad front facing camera. Not entirely sure either way on the battery yet as it varies. It has a 12 year warranty but this is a unit my employer gave me.
    You might wanna check 12 years warranty. I don't think so. Must be misprint.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:24 PM
    You might wanna check 12 years warranty. I don't think so. Must be misprint.

Posted via CB10
    Apologies, months.
    10-30-15 02:26 PM
    The battery life on my unit (retail) is very poor. It has powered through 10% of the battery in about 15 minutes. From a full charge it says I have four hours remaining. I think there is a problem with this particular unit and would not take this as the general experience.
    It's a Lollipop issue. Close all apps, turn off phone, remove battery for 10min. Replace, restart. It affects lots of Android sets running Lollipop including my Note 3.

Only problem is you can't do that on a Priv.

The issue is an Android OS service that stays on and burns thru the battery. It gets stuck like that at random. This is one of the major stability fixes that was patched in Marshmallow.

Thanks for posting this. Definitely not getting a Priv until they update past Lollipop now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-30-15 02:28 PM
    It's a Lollipop issue. Close all apps, turn off phone, remove battery for 10min. Replace, restart. It affects lots of Android sets running Lollipop including my Note 3.

The issue is an Android OS service that stays on and burns thru the battery. It gets stuck like that at random. This is one of the major stability fixes that was patched in Marshmallow.

Thanks for posting this. Definitely not getting a Priv until they update past Lollipop now.

Marshmallow is still in the teething stages - android forums are busy dealing with many issues. I'm glad the Priv isn't using it yet. For the most part, L is very stable right now, and they have worked out most of the kinks.

See here:
    "Battery Issues: The new update apparently requires excessive processing power and Nexus users on Android 6.0 Marshmallow have often reported issues with abnormal battery drain. The common battery preservation solutions include shutting off any apps that are sapping the juice from your battery, disabling unnecessary services, and even restart your phone regularly. Avoid running GPS, Wi-Fi, Google Maps, and background apps that require data.
    Abnormal battery usage is common following major Android updates. Expect further Android Marshmallow*updates that could make the OS more efficient."

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 10-30-15 at 03:00 PM.
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-30-15 02:34 PM

6.0 has a Wifi battery drain bug. The 'fix' is to go to Settings --> Locations --> Scanning (in the overflow menu) --> turn off Wi-Fi scanning.
    This is the 'feature' that allows your phone to connect to public access points that you don't even have the password to. (Google has the passwords though)
    10-30-15 02:40 PM
    You want to talk about battery issues. ios 9 is just horrible on my ipad2 mini.

My passport blows it away on battery life.
    10-30-15 02:41 PM
    There is no BlackBerry Travel.
    That's a real pity. I always relied on them for my flight and their updates were always accurate.
    Anyone know of a android app that functions like blackberry travel?
    One that will read your itinerary and keep you updated?
    10-30-15 02:46 PM
    That's a real pity. I always relied on them for my flight and their updates were always accurate.
    Anyone know of a android app that functions like blackberry travel?
    One that will read your itinerary and keep you updated?
    BlackBerry Travel is simply a BlackBerry skin on top of an app called WorldMate, which is available for Android of course.

Google Now is also brilliant.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-30-15 02:47 PM
    Tripit works well
    10-30-15 02:48 PM
    The common battery preservation solutions include shutting off any apps that are sapping the juice from your battery...
    Closing applications is actually bad for battery life in Android. Keeping apps running in the background uses less CPU than reloading the app every time you need it.

Having said that, I still close everything because OCD and because swiping the apps away brings back PlayBook memories.
    10-30-15 02:57 PM
191 ... 5678