Is there quick reply? Ie if I'm using the browser a bbm message pops up and I can quickly reply to the message without leaving the browser

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:35 AM
    The slide out part housing the camera is 5.5mm thick. iPod Touch is 6.1mm.
    How is that possible? The entire Priv is 9.4mm thick, and the screen portion looks to be less than half of that.

Attachment 378212

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-30-15 11:38 AM
    How is that possible? The entire Priv is 9.4mm thick, and the screen portion looks to be less than half of that.
    The screen is very thin, but has a "chin" at the top that is thicker, just like the speaker at the other end.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-30-15 11:46 AM
    Is there quick reply? Ie if I'm using the browser a bbm message pops up and I can quickly reply to the message without leaving the browser
    For email and text yes - and possibly other apps, I have not tried.
    10-30-15 11:46 AM
    The screen is very thin, but has a "chin" at the top that is thicker, just like the speaker at the other end.
    OK. I still don't buy that BlackBerry went Cadillac all the way, but tried to save $10 on the camera. It doesn't make sense, when they know everyone would pounce on it. I'd love to see a tear down on the device to find out why.

Even with the chin, my photoshop says 4.8mm at the most. But we'll all know for sure soon enough.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-30-15 11:49 AM
    Even with the chin, my photoshop says 4.8mm at the most. But we'll all know for sure soon enough
    Chin was not the best word to use, as it does not actually bulge out. You can see better what I mean in this photo:

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/mida...ice-tinhte.jpg

The device, when you properly inspect is, it quite thick. Clever optics make it look beautiful and slim.
    10-30-15 11:54 AM
    I have no way of testing this. .
    But do you have a box, and can you get the STV number from the device's settings About page?

Box should have an insert indicating that if it has the Qi and PMA logos.
    10-30-15 12:01 PM
    It does not have the wireless charging information in the box: those logos are no where on the documentation.
    10-30-15 12:08 PM
    Anyone know if it will have wifi-sharing. I love my z10/z30 cordless wifi-sharing to move/copy files between my BB phone and my computer using my wifi network.
    10-30-15 12:08 PM
    But do you have a box, and can you get the STV number from the device's settings About page?

LOL,
    Mine should be here in few days. heard all kind of BS when passport first got released. passport is the best phone and best OS i ever used. No phone is perfect. knowing that how people love to kick blackberry around, i wouldnt trust a thing unless i have it in my hand. although, in anticipation, i like to read what else is new in this device.
    10-30-15 12:12 PM
    iPod Touch is thinner and has a substantially better camera.
    Ipod touch is not thinner than the slide out screen which houses the cam.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 12:19 PM
    Ipod touch is not thinner than the slide out screen which houses the cam.
    You're right I apologize, iPod is slightly thicker. I will remove the other post.
    10-30-15 12:21 PM

I'm not sure that means anything - For example, my LG has fast-charging for whatever reason LG decided not to 'officially' support but it works just fine with a fast-charger...

The priv has a replacable back right? If so, you'll be able to swap the back for wireless charging I would think.
    10-30-15 12:26 PM
    I'm not sure that means anything - For example, my LG has fast-charging for whatever reason LG decided not to 'officially' support but it works just fine with a fast-charger...

The priv has a replacable back right? If so, you'll be able to swap the back for wireless charging I would think.
    Well that could be an explanation why there are two STV100-1s on SBB. Probably just a different back cover without the coil and would work if it's swapped, but we won't know until later.

Though I'm getting info that the Canadian model might not be STV100-1.
    10-30-15 12:38 PM
    Well that could be an explanation why there are two STV100-1s on SBB. Probably just a different back cover without the coil and would work if it's swapped, but we won't know until later.

Though I'm getting info that the Canadian model might not be STV100-1.
    My G4 has wireless charging although I don't have a charger....
    10-30-15 12:39 PM
    It does not have the wireless charging information in the box: those logos are no where on the documentation.
    Since you have been using the phone for a week, how would you say the battery life is?
    10-30-15 01:00 PM
    This stuff sounds all really good to me. I was not sure whether the Priv would be for me for a while but the device and the BlackBerry software integration make a solid impression to me. I hope BlackBerry keeps it up with bugfixes and updates.

If I'm not getting a Windows 10 phone, it will most probably be the Priv.

As for the front facing camera, I don't care at all. I rarely do selfies and for the occasion even the Passport camera was good enough. By the way I think I haven't seen any front facing camera that is really good.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:11 PM
    One question:
    Can Priv be password-locked immediately when we turn off the screen? (I know BB10 can't, but IOS and Android can)
    10-30-15 01:41 PM
    One question:
    Can Priv be password-locked immediately when we turn off the screen? (I know BB10 can't, but IOS and Android can)
    There is the option to lock immediately if you press the power key.
    epee likes this.
    10-30-15 01:42 PM
    Since you have been using the phone for a week, how would you say the battery life is?
    The battery life on my unit (retail) is very poor. It has powered through 10% of the battery in about 15 minutes. From a full charge it says I have four hours remaining. I think there is a problem with this particular unit and would not take this as the general experience.
    10-30-15 01:44 PM
    I am glad that priv doesn't have this feature.

'I have the Blackberry Priv in hand and will be answering questions for the next 30 mins. AMA.'-1446230740821.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:48 PM
    done now
    10-30-15 01:49 PM
    The battery life on my unit (retail) is very poor. It has powered through 10% of the battery in about 15 minutes. From a full charge it says I have four hours remaining. I think there is a problem with this particular unit and would not take this as the general experience.
    And I am sure that BlackBerry will never fix this unit and you ll be waiting for months to get it back. And you ll be paying shipping both ways.
    That's what BlackBerry is known for.
    Not sure why would you buy a phone with over 1k$ and have only last 3 hours battery time. Bad camera and bad keyboard?
    I wouldn't put up with that.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:55 PM
    And I am sure that BlackBerry will never fix this unit and you ll be waiting for months to get it back. And you ll be paying shipping both ways.
    I always found BB repairs to be very good. Never had a problem myself. Battery life on Passport was excellent.
    10-30-15 02:00 PM
    I always found BB repairs to be very good. Never had a problem myself. Battery life on Passport was excellent.
    But you are saying that they dropped the ball on priv. Bad keyboard. Bad camera. Bad battery. You have been using this for a week. Does it have blackberry's 30 days return policy?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:05 PM
191 ... 45678