No, but you could take a picture of something though, right?

Posted via CB10
    That would be helpful. Turn the Priv around so the front camera faces away and shoot. Then we can see how bad it is.
    10-30-15 08:30 AM
    No. Twitter is though.
    This is very disappointing. The point of the hub is to have a unified inbox and for me that includes all forms of social media apps

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 08:31 AM
    Does it have the red flashing LED notification light?
    Yes. You can also build custom notifications and change the color.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and mania626 like this.
    10-30-15 08:38 AM
    That would be helpful. Turn the Priv around so the front camera faces away and shoot. Then we can see how bad it is.
    I don't want to post anything which might contain meta/exif data from my device. If I take a picture of an inanimate object from a distance the photo actually looks average, unremarkable. It's when you take a selfie that you notice how poor the camera is. It is almost out of focus at arm's length.
    10-30-15 08:41 AM
    I don't want to post anything which might contain meta/exif data from my device. If I take a picture of an inanimate object from a distance the photo actually looks average, unremarkable. It's when you take a selfie that you notice how poor the camera is. It is almost out of focus at arm's length.
    That could be a software issue. Android camera control can be really weird. I can take the same picture with 2 different camera apps & the results will look like it was 2 different cameras.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-30-15 09:00 AM
    Do you have the option to display hub icons on the edge display?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:44 AM
    I'm really surprised about the front camera criticism. To me it's like buying a Porsche 911 and complaining the visor mirror is too small to apply makeup.

The Priv is not geared towards teenagers taking selfies rather business people who need need efficient and speedy communications. If you want a selfie phone there are better options available (along with their Hello Kitty cases).
    Geared towards business people??? Have you seen any of the ad photos?? They are absolutely gearing it towards the consumer, no less than the business professional...
    10-30-15 09:52 AM
    I'm really surprised about the front camera criticism. To me it's like buying a Porsche 911 and complaining the visor mirror is too small to apply makeup.

The Priv is not geared towards teenagers taking selfies rather business people who need need efficient and speedy communications. If you want a selfie phone there are better options available (along with their Hello Kitty cases).
    Like I said in another thread, the individuals hysterically obsessing and panicking over the quality of selfies as the make or break factor, says a lot about them as far as I'm concerned. Maybe a phone isn't their first priority.

Just carry a mirror.
    10-30-15 09:58 AM
    While we wait from privberry for the 2mp priv camera samples. In the mean time, some discussions about the camera on other thread.

'I have the Blackberry Priv in hand and will be answering questions for the next 30 mins. AMA.'-img_20151030_095829.png

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 10:00 AM
    That is a BlackBerry employee, right? Using a throwaway account to get eyes on reddit looking at the device? I am OK with this efficient marketing campaign

Not everyone is Samsung and has 100M ad budget.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 10:07 AM
    As I said before, the slide up screen is razor-thin. Could it be that they simply packed the best camera they could in that space?

Attachment 378175

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    That could be it
    10-30-15 10:09 AM
    Like I said in another thread, the individuals hysterically obsessing and panicking over the quality of selfies as the make or break factor, says a lot about them as far as I'm concerned. Maybe a phone isn't their first priority.

Just carry a mirror.
    Look, I'm not going to hate on people who want a decent front facing camera.

Of this phone had a weak rear camera, people on here would say "who needs a camera? I need this phone for business"

Yeah whatever.

For a flagship devices for as much as it is, the camera should be up to par with the competition.

But like someone else said, maybe they skimmed on the camera to make the phone thinner
    10-30-15 10:17 AM
    Look, I'm not going to hate on people who want a decent front facing camera.

Of this phone had a weak rear camera, people on here would say "who needs a camera? I need this phone for business"

Yeah whatever.

For a flagship devices for as much as it is, the camera should be up to par with the competition.

But like someone else said, maybe they skimmed on the camera to make the phone thinner
    This is very reminiscent of the bold 9900 when they've explained that they left out autofocus to make the phone thinner lol

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 10:20 AM
    Do you have the option to display hub icons on the edge display?
    I can't see that option any where.
    10-30-15 10:39 AM
    Would the digital keyboard be the same as the Z30,10.
    What does the curved screen accomplish?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:04 AM
    can you also make custom notifications to each contact? (email,sms,bbm)
    10-30-15 11:06 AM
    Would the digital keyboard be the same as the Z30,10.
    What does the curved screen accomplish?

Posted via CB10
    Vkb is apparently similar to the Z30.

Edge is for sex appeal. It can also be programmed to display notifications that can be seen when the device is lying face down.

The battery indicator has been shown to use the edge.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-30-15 11:07 AM
    Privberry, if you install a custom launcher such as Nova, will the gestures still work to get to the hub, google, etc or is it built into the BB launcher?
    10-30-15 11:16 AM
    As somebody else mentioned the slimness of the slide up screen probably prevented a better front camera.

But come on there is so much wonderful engineering in this phone that should surly out way a front camera. Just look at the comparison to the iphone plus. The screens are practically the same size but the iphone is so much bigger even without a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:18 AM
    Privberry, if you install a custom launcher such as Nova, will the gestures still work to get to the hub, google, etc or is it built into the BB launcher?
    The gestures remain.
    10-30-15 11:21 AM
    As somebody else mentioned the slimness of the slide up screen probably prevented a better front camera.
    iPod Touch is thinner and has a substantially better camera.
    10-30-15 11:22 AM

But come on there is so much wonderful engineering in this phone that should surly out way a front camera. Just look at the comparison to the iphone plus. The screens are practically the same size but the iphone is so much bigger even without a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure how true that is. There are some very slim phones on the market that pack a big camera in the back and a larger one up front. Granted, those phones aren't in two separate parts, but together they are a good bit thinner than Priv. More than anything, I think it was just a matter of what BB thought would be more important to spend their money on. Clearly, they thought a front facing camera would be way down on the list behind other features.
    10-30-15 11:22 AM
    can you also make custom notifications to each contact? (email,sms,bbm)
    Yes. You can customise LED light for email accounts and set up specific rules. Example, different ring tone and light when Mom emails.
    montberry likes this.
    10-30-15 11:23 AM
    Not sure how true that is. There are some very slim phones on the market that pack a big camera
    The slide out part housing the camera is 5.5mm thick. iPod Touch is 6.1mm.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    10-30-15 11:25 AM
    I want bedside mode

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:31 AM
191 ... 34567 ...