How is the camera compare with the s6 and 6s?

Posted via CB10
    Main camera is very good. Front facing camera is really bad. Probably as bad as the Q10 but looks worse because of the quality of the screen.
    frozenflame1988 likes this.
    10-30-15 05:53 AM
    Did anybody ask if BBM has video option?
    No BBM video option that I can see but Voice Calls promoted.
    10-30-15 05:58 AM
    @privberry

What material dp you think the Chrome bezel is made of?

Does the slider have any sort of wobble to it at all?
    10-30-15 06:02 AM
    I have had a Priv for a week and cannot find file manager. I do not think it has it.
    Which model do you have? Does it have wireless charging?
    10-30-15 06:04 AM
    Is BlackBerry blend availble for the priv?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 06:05 AM
    Which model do you have? Does it have wireless charging?
    The reddit guy said it has BlackBerry 10 file manager though
    10-30-15 06:05 AM
    Main camera is very good. Front facing camera is really bad. Probably as bad as the Q10 but looks worse because of the quality of the screen.
    Hi.

If you have the device, could you download the app "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.vipek.camera2_compatibility_test" and report on the manual capabilities of the camera? Manual control and RAW is really important to me.
    10-30-15 06:16 AM
    It has standard Android 'dreams' options which set what shows on the display while it is charging. There is a night clock on there. But I couldn't find a 'beside mode' that, for example, switches the radio off.
    I use bedside mode every day to switch off notification in the night. I hope to find it, or a app to do it, on the Priv.
    10-30-15 06:18 AM
    @privberry

What material dp you think the Chrome bezel is made of?

Does the slider have any sort of wobble to it at all?
    No wobble at all. Appears to be 'plastic' (or polycarbonate probably). It's not steel.

Does it have wireless charging?
    I have no way of testing this.

Is BlackBerry blend availble for the priv?
    Not installed by default.

The reddit guy said it has BlackBerry 10 file manager though
    The one I have does not. I can't find it anywhere. The BlackBerry Help app says if you want a file manager you can download one from Play.
    10-30-15 06:24 AM
    I'm really surprised about the front camera criticism. To me it's like buying a Porsche 911 and complaining the visor mirror is too small to apply makeup.

The Priv is not geared towards teenagers taking selfies rather business people who need need efficient and speedy communications. If you want a selfie phone there are better options available (along with their Hello Kitty cases).
    I agree,but for the price I think people want the whole package
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-30-15 07:12 AM
    Is Skype integrated in the hub?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 07:36 AM
    Some good.... some not as good as hoped.

I'm still wondering... what is going on? It's been up for pre-order for two weeks, suppose to be delivered next week. Why not make their announcement and allow the professional reviews to be released? Then all of the doubt and speculation about the device and software will be over.
    10-30-15 07:38 AM

I'm still wondering... what is going on? It's been up for pre-order for two weeks, suppose to be delivered next week. Why not make their announcement and allow the professional reviews to be released? Then all of the doubt and speculation about the device and software will be over.
    If the devices are delivered next week - then it doesn't look like there will be any sort of official launch event or at least not one that journalists are invited to because the invitations would have gone out by now.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-30-15 07:44 AM
    I'm really surprised about the front camera criticism. To me it's like buying a Porsche 911 and complaining the visor mirror is too small to apply makeup.

The Priv is not geared towards teenagers taking selfies rather business people who need need efficient and speedy communications. If you want a selfie phone there are better options available (along with their Hello Kitty cases).
    I understand this, still no reason to skimp on the front facing camera.

I don't understand how front facing camera are associated with teenagers and selfies. I'll Skype using the front facing camera, I'd take all kinds of "selfies" with my at the time gf while stationed in Korea, I'd take "selfies" while visiting Czech and Poland if there was nobody to snap a photo for me and even take pictures of me and my dogs using the front facing camera.

With all that being said, yeah I want a decent front facing camera so I can look back at those memories and be like "cool"

Wish people would stop defending blackberry with their decision to use such a low end front facing shooter.

Will this stop me from getting a Priv? Hell no, I've already pre ordered it but hey, the proof is in the pudding, that 2mp front facing camera is bad and for this being a flagship device at $699, it's a hit surprising.
    rai187 and WWBlondieDo like this.
    10-30-15 07:44 AM

Soon 6 november
    10-30-15 07:45 AM
    Besides this one opinion on front camera what proof do we have. Do we have pictures? Other opinions to back this up?

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 07:54 AM
    I understand this, still no reason to skimp on the front facing camera.
    As I said before, the slide up screen is razor-thin. Could it be that they simply packed the best camera they could in that space?

'I have the Blackberry Priv in hand and will be answering questions for the next 30 mins. AMA.'-crackberry-image-9-_edit.jpg

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-30-15 08:01 AM
    I've never once used the front facing camera on my Z10, Q10 or Z30... until reading about these complaints on the PRIV, I forgot the front camera even existed...
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-30-15 08:02 AM
    As I said before, the slide up screen is razor-thin. Could it be that they simply packed the best camera they could in that space?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(9)_edit.jpg 
Views:	1829 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	378175

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    No, obviously John Chen specifically requested at 2 MP shooter to help ensure the phone would fail.
    10-30-15 08:05 AM
    As I said before, the slide up screen is razor-thin. Could it be that they packed the best camera they could in that space?
    Yes, those images make it clear enough to me that the "decision" to "skimp" was forced on them by the overall design of the Priv. And as it stands, with the large pixel size I'm not yet persuaded that the front-facing camera is as bad as the megapixel-counters are complaining.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-30-15 08:11 AM
    Is Skype integrated in the hub?
    No. Twitter is though.
    CrackedBarry3 likes this.
    10-30-15 08:12 AM
    And as it stands, with the large pixel size I'm not yet persuaded that the front-facing camera is as bad as the megapixel-counters are complaining.
    It's bad. Very bad. I can't post selfies for obvious reasons, but they are disappointing.
    10-30-15 08:14 AM
    It's bad. Very bad. I can't post selfies for obvious reasons, but they are disappointing.
    No, but you could take a picture of something though, right?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 08:27 AM
    Does it have the red flashing LED notification light?

I clicked and flicked this on my Passport.
    10-30-15 08:29 AM
    Does it have the red flashing LED notification light?

I clicked and flicked this on my Passport.
    No, only blue
    10-30-15 08:30 AM
191 ... 23456 ...