Anybody else feels this way?

Picked up my old z30 and it felt dated and out classed..

Il post some pics comparing just the home screens and that alone for me just showed how far bb10 is in terms of development.

Love the android blackberry software
    11-02-16 03:05 AM
    Whats bb10?
    11-02-16 03:15 AM

Il post some pics comparing just the home screens and that alone for me just showed how far bb10 is in terms of development.

I don't miss OS10 but I do miss using gestures to get in and out of apps. I have something similar to it using an app to allow me to use swipe gestures fro back and recent but it's not the same. Overall though, no I don't miss OS10. The Q5 wasn't my main phone anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 03:36 AM
    I do miss aspects of bb10 and always will.
    FF22, bigedschukar and bigjman like this.
    11-02-16 06:25 AM

Agreed!! After using the Priv new w since if firstly came out, simply love this device. With full access to Google services, super accurate pkb, and BlackBerry features if has been my workhorse device since switching from the the Passport SE. I really do think once users gives it a chance and try you'll def like it better. Such as life there was a bit of a learning curve at first but after a few days I was sailing thru the device functions. Peace of cake. At first I really thought my life with BlackBerry was no more due to the early demise of bbos10, however now with android at the helm, there's so much more power with function and if all runs smoothly. If I ever go to an all touch device which hopefully is never I will always use BlackBerry services with android.
    11-02-16 06:43 AM
    I really didn't have much difficulty shifting from my Q10 since I've always had androids, particularly Samsung Note series handsets as my personal phone together with BlackBerry for my productivity handset. Up to last month before I purchased my Priv, I still used my Q10 for longer text inputs. Nothing beats a pkb for accuracy.

Now, I almost exclusively use my Priv for long text input that require accuracy, like work email. So satisfied with the Priv that I'm in fact considering getting a second Priv just to keep for backup.

I had difficulty at first using the Priv pk because of the thin chassis and smaller keys versus the Q10's, but after a couple of hours, I was able to acclimate.
    11-02-16 06:54 AM
    I don't miss OS10 but I do miss using gestures to get in and out of apps. I have something similar to it using an app to allow me to use swipe gestures fro back and recent but it's not the same. Overall though, no I don't miss OS10. The Q5 wasn't my main phone anyway.
    Same. I miss the speed of the os and the gestures.
    Priv got to be best device BlackBerry have ever made ..... In my opinion
    Well, I do miss BB10 gestures based OS, and the integration of the communication side, for instance as the Hub baked as a core function... I am ok with Android but make no mistake, give me a BB10 device with full access to Google Playstore and there is no contest in my book...
    FF22 and BB10_fan1 like this.
    11-02-16 07:02 AM
    I miss how fast the hub was

Is it just me or does everyone swiped to delete email in hub and see the red bar for like 5 seconds.

It happens in my dtek60 hub too,

The hub is just so slow that o actually don't feel like checking messages anymore, it's no fun, sort of the way I leave my voice mail unchecked for weeks, since its a pain in the butt to check
    jfalkingham likes this.
    11-02-16 07:06 AM
    I miss how fast the hub was

Is it just me or does everyone swiped to delete email in hub and see the red bar for like 5 seconds.

It happens in my dtek60 hub too,

The hub is just so slow that o actually don't feel like checking messages anymore, it's no fun, sort of the way I leave my voice mail unchecked for weeks, since its a pain in the butt to check
    I stopped the swipe to delete because of the lag.

I'm sure BlackBerry will continue to evolve on this path and make the experience better. There was a ton to love about bb10 but there was also a lot to love about webos (fluid, multitask cards), Windows phone (live tiles, fluid) that have gone or are going the way of the dodo.
    11-02-16 07:28 AM
    Yeah, pretty much.

Used to miss Blend, but moving from BBM to Telegram (and its associated desktop app) took most of the sting out of it.
    11-02-16 07:30 AM
    I miss certain elements at times. Setup the Z10 again a little while ago and only lasted a couple days before switching back to my PRIV.
    11-02-16 08:26 AM
    I, too, miss Blend (well, I don't to some extent since my Z30 still feeds blend to my Desktop and Laptop computers) and I miss Wifi-Sharing which was very transparent and worked as if the Z30 (z10) were just additional disk drives on my computer that were wirelessly attached. I have not found any substitute for that in Android.
    11-02-16 09:04 AM
    Yeah, pretty much.

Used to miss Blend, but moving from BBM to Telegram (and its associated desktop app) took most of the sting out of it.
    Wow people actually still use Telegram?

/play on the who uses BBM these days

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 09:06 AM
    Wow people actually still use Telegram?

/play on the who uses BBM these days

Posted via CB10
    Can't beat a desktop client, not being owned by Facebook and Pepe stickers.
    11-02-16 09:07 AM
    Can't beat a desktop client, not being owned by Facebook and Pepe stickers.
    What about potential Russian surveillance? And isn't it owned by the Russian equivalent of Facebook?

In an alternate universe, I would be recommending SpiderOak's Semaphor. But you know the thing about alternate universes...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 09:24 AM
    What about potential Russian surveillance? And isn't it owned by the Russian equivalent of Facebook?

In an alternate universe, I would be recommending SpiderOak's Semaphor. But you know the thing about alternate universes...

Edit to clarify: "recommending" is the wrong word. I meant push people to try it out with me because in reality no one is even interested to try it out. BBM should just get a desktop client, especially for its enterprise customers.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 09:26 AM
    I, too, miss Blend (well, I don't to some extent since my Z30 still feeds blend to my Desktop and Laptop computers) and I miss Wifi-Sharing which was very transparent and worked as if the Z30 (z10) were just additional disk drives on my computer that were wirelessly attached. I have not found any substitute for that in Android.
    Does Blend mirror things or does it act like Handoff on Mac/Apple? Handoff allows you to work on a document on a Mac and then hand it off to an iPhone/iPad to continue if needed.
    11-02-16 09:31 AM
    No, just that the creator of Telegram also made VK (Russian Facebook), but left VK when it got bought out by Mail.ru. And you'd think that Amnesty wouldn't give it such a high privacy rating if the Russian government was in on it.
    11-02-16 09:34 AM

It's funny because I actually messed with my Z30 the other day too and felt the same way! I was kind of hoping to switch back to my Z30 (at least for a bit), but it just felt old. HOWEVER, like others have said, I too miss the gestures and perks of having an actual BB software.

I've been looking at the DTEK60 because I honestly don't use my PKB that much and my Priv was locking up. I don't know though. I like my Priv. It's a good device and when it's working top notch, I'm in love!

(Still missing my Passport SE though, haha)
    11-02-16 09:37 AM
    No, just that the creator of Telegram also made VK (Russian Facebook), but left VK when it got bought out by Mail.ru. And you'd think that Amnesty wouldn't give it such a high privacy rating if the Russian government was in on it.
    Okay. How would Amnesty know that though? I am very sceptical of those conclusions from that Amnesty report.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 09:47 AM
    Okay. How would Amnesty know that though? I am very sceptical of those conclusions from that Amnesty report.

Posted via CB10
    Ask Pavel Durov, CNN fear mongering aside.
    11-02-16 09:55 AM
    Does Blend mirror things or does it act like Handoff on Mac/Apple? Handoff allows you to work on a document on a Mac and then hand it off to an iPhone/iPad to continue if needed.
    Blend gives you what I'd call a "temporary window" into certain bb10 apps and their data. So on my Desktop with Blend, I can send and check/read email and there's a brief popup showing the arrival of the email, bbm and I THINK Text (I don't do much text so I'm not sure). You can read your contacts. You can see your calendar entries, add events and if one some due, there's a Persistent little Popup Box where you can Dismiss/Snooze or edit the event. Oh, yes, TEXT is included! Finally, there's a File Manager.

When Blend is functioning all of those things are available from/in it under wifi (I don't use usb). But if you walk away, all that "shared" data disappears from the Blend and canNOT be seen by anyone else. It is GONE. So maintains privacy/security.

I don't know of that Mac/apple product.
    11-02-16 11:53 AM
    Blend gives you what I'd call a "temporary window" into certain bb10 apps and their data. So on my Desktop with Blend, I can send and check/read email and there's a brief popup showing the arrival of the email, bbm and I THINK Text (I don't do much text so I'm not sure). You can read your contacts. You can see your calendar entries, add events and if one some due, there's a Persistent little Popup Box where you can Dismiss/Snooze or edit the event. Oh, yes, TEXT is included! Finally, there's a File Manager.

When Blend is functioning all of those things are available from/in it under wifi (I don't use usb). But if you walk away, all that "shared" data disappears from the Blend and canNOT be seen by anyone else. It is GONE. So maintains privacy/security.

I don't know of that Mac/apple product.
    AirDroid does the same. Almost.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid
    11-02-16 12:14 PM
43 12