I know lots of people still dislike the marketing effort BlackBerry put out there and are pretty vocal as usual about it. But for me this time it feels different... good different.

Apparently CB audience is not their target audience, and I am not neither. But they have their target and they are going for it.

Comparing to before, they were almost too close to their original fan base, some of their bad mistakes came right from that relationship. I think this time their leader John Chen seems to have figured thing out, and the team executes his strategy way better than before... in the sense that there is no confusion... enterprise is their focus, consumer needs are lower priority.

I am not saying I agree with the strategy but their execution is definitely more determined than all the launches before.

Anyone feel the same way?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-30-15 07:30 PM
    It's definitely out of the box marketing, whether intentional or genuinely bad and out of budget. On a surface it looks like a disaster of a launch, with no information and everyone gathering bits of information like a friggin scavenger hunt. But it seems like it's working, everyone kept talking about the Priv, good press bad press keeps them in the headlines. I mean if some outlets like the Verge and BGR are going to crap on you anyways, why not use those to your "advantage"? Throw out shockingly high prices, gather the reactions, free research data right there.

Those slow leaks looks very controlled, perhaps too controlled.
    10-30-15 09:37 PM
    Why advertise when all carrier will do it on Nov 6.
    10-30-15 09:46 PM
    Exactly! Very controlled.

Regardless whether they should be this controlled or not, the level of control is at a level we have never seen before from BlackBerry. This shows their ability to execute.

This launch is orchestrated proactively... instead of reactively. That's the part I felt differently.
    10-30-15 09:49 PM
    Build up Launch Marketing. It's going well.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-30-15 09:50 PM
    I would like to see an official press release next week and a lift on reviews, etc. I'm also glad they're advertising... I've had an ad following me for weeks now on almost every site I go to. Wish they'd stop wasting money on me though lol.

I also received an email as well as my mom (she has a Passport) about a week ago regarding the Priv. Neither of us signed up for anything. They should take advantage of BBM since they have emails from not only BlackBerry users, but Android and iOS as well and send emails to them all with that Priv Features video and ordering info. Easy and free.

Again, the US really needs a press release from BlackBerry regarding the device and expected carriers, etc. There's been nothing official from BlackBerry or any carrier as far as I'm aware in the US.

As a shareholder, I'm glad they're taking advantage of the Internet. I also don't want to see them overspend on advertising either. Hopefully carrier relationships are repaired and we'll get decent support there.

I'll leave it to the experts, but this week was dragging with nothing official from BlackBerry or any US carrier.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-30-15 09:57 PM
    I've had an ad following me for weeks now on almost every site I go to. Wish they'd stop wasting money on me though lol
    That's not them, but Google AdSense.
    10-30-15 10:07 PM
    I would like to see an official press release next week and a lift on reviews, etc. I'm also glad they're advertising... I've had an ad following me for weeks now on almost every site I go to. Wish they'd stop wasting money on me though lol.

I also received an email as well as my mom (she has a Passport) about a week ago regarding the Priv. Neither of us signed up for anything. They should take advantage of BBM since they have emails from not only BlackBerry users, but Android and iOS as well and send emails to them all with that Priv Features video and ordering info. Easy and free.

Again, the US really needs a press release from BlackBerry regarding the device and expected carriers, etc. There's been nothing official from BlackBerry or any carrier as far as I'm aware in the US.

As a shareholder, I'm glad they're taking advantage of the Internet. I also don't want to see them overspend on advertising either. Hopefully carrier relationships are repaired and we'll get decent support there.

I'll leave it to the experts, but this week was dragging with nothing official from BlackBerry or any US carrier.

Posted via CB10
    For those Ad Sense ads, they don't pay a dime if you don't click into the ads. They pay by clicks, don't pay by views. So no worries.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    10-30-15 10:07 PM
    That's not them, but Google AdSense.
    Nice to know.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:05 AM
    For those Ad Sense ads, they don't pay a dime if you don't click into the ads. They pay by clicks, don't pay by views. So no worries.
    Ahh... OK, so I'll save BlackBerry some money by not clicking lol. Thanks :-)

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-31-15 12:06 AM
    Maybe a stupid question, but not familiar at all with Google Ad Sense so... was just randomly thinking and... I'm on a Passport using the BlackBerry browser which I thought defaults to bing or whatever the Microsoft search engine is so how is Google displaying ads directed towards me?

Just seems odd that I'm on a BB10 using a BlackBerry browser that uses a Microsoft search engine yet Google still tracks me lol. Just find it interesting after thinking about it a bit more. Guess it won't matter anyway once I get to selling my BB10s to get the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:35 PM
    Maybe a stupid question, but not familiar at all with Google Ad Sense so... was just randomly thinking and... I'm on a Passport using the BlackBerry browser which I thought defaults to bing or whatever the Microsoft search engine is so how is Google displaying ads directed towards me?

Just seems odd that I'm on a BB10 using a BlackBerry browser that uses a Microsoft search engine yet Google still tracks me lol. Just find it interesting after thinking about it a bit more. Guess it won't matter anyway once I get to selling my BB10s to get the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Google Ad Sense knows how many BlackBerry related sites you visit across ALL your devices.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    10-31-15 08:18 PM