I'm about to pull the trigger and order a Passport SE. I've been using the Q10 for a year and half and before that I had a T-Mobile launch week Z10. I went to the AT&T store today and tested the Passport to make sure it was worth the expense. The phone is amazing. The Classic isn't too bad neither but I had bad experiences with the trackpad on my 9780 (it would push itself and somehow send my pictures via text several times so embarrassing)

I really have nothing to complain about the Q10 that's my main problem.

I was holding myself to get a Priv for Christmas but I realized that I like BB10. I see the Priv more as a way to attract new customers and former customers but not for me. It has never been about the apps (except for mlb tv but I have the snap version which is good enough) and I can always get to play with Android using a tablet.

On a second thought it might be better to wait for the Priv release to get a cheaper Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-19-15 11:31 PM
    I'm about to pull the trigger and order a Passport SE. I've been using the Q10 for a year and half and before that I had a T-Mobile launch week Z10. I went to the AT&T store today and tested the Passport to make sure it was worth the expense. The phone is amazing. The Classic isn't too bad neither but I had bad experiences with the trackpad on my 9780 (it would push itself and somehow send my pictures via text several times so embarrassing)

I was holding myself to get a Priv for Christmas but I realized that I like BB10. I see the Priv more as a way to attract new customers and former customers but not for me. It has never been about the apps (except for mlb tv but I have the snap version which is good enough) and I can always get to play with Android using a tablet.

On a second thought it might be better to wait for the Priv release to get a cheaper Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    Priv wont be attracting any new customers with a ridiculous price point. And some existing customers will shy away from the Priv due to cost, including myself.

The Classic is my last BlackBerry device to the sounds of it. Guess I might as well start using my Note 4 fulltime to get used to that darn on-screen keyboard, oh well. I guess it could be worst.
    nonamenomore and dvarnai like this.
    10-19-15 11:36 PM
    Priv wont be attracting any new customers with a ridiculous price point. And some existing customers will shy away from the Priv due to cost, including myself.

The Classic is my last BlackBerry device to the sounds of it. Guess I might as well start using my Note 4 fulltime to get used to that darn on-screen keyboard, oh well. I guess it could be worst.
    Agree, there's no way I'll pull the trigger at that price point, at that price I'll get an iphone 6s+ and I won't have to fear that my device will be eoled after a year

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 11:48 PM

I don't think it's going to be more expensive than the Passport MSRP $599.99. $650 tops.

There's a lot of uncertainty based on a vendor who placed a preorder high price. I've seen Amazon doing this all the time putting a video game preorder up for $100 with a release date on 12/31/17. It just means that they don't know when is it going to be released nor at what price but they'll take your money if that makes you feel any better. They later adjust the price and give you the partial refund.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-19-15 11:50 PM
    Agree, there's no way I'll pull the trigger at that price point, at that price I'll get an iphone 6s+ and I won't have to fear that my device will be eoled after a year

Posted via CB10
    Yup. EOL is like being told you have 3 months left to live lol. Worst analogy ever but it works.

I don't think it's going to be more expensive than the Passport MSRP $599.99. $650 tops.

There's a lot of uncertainty based on a vendor who placed a preorder high price. I've seen Amazon doing this all the time putting a video game preorder up for $100 with a release date on 12/31/17. It just means that they don't know when is it going to be released nor at what price but they'll take your money if that makes you feel any better. They later adjust the price and give you the partial refund.

Posted via CB10
    Guess we'll see Nov 6th, 17 days from today. I pray you're right but with that Samsung screen costing them atleast $25 per screen instead of $4 for your typical amoled screen, a high end battery and optics, + the R&D that went into that.... I'm doubtful that it'll be the same price as the Passport.

If it's under $700 CAD I'll buy it on release day, between $700 to $800 I'll consider it, north of $800 and I rather buy a OnePlus Two or somethin'..
    conite likes this.
    10-19-15 11:55 PM

If it's under $700 CAD I'll buy it on release day, between $700 to $800 I'll consider it, north of $800 and I rather buy a OnePlus Two or somethin'..
    Well the S6 Edge+, which has been out since Aug, is still $960 (Telus) Canadian. It has a slightly larger screen, but no keyboard or SD card slot. It also has a smaller battery. Otherwise they are similar.

Given this, I would imagine the Priv at around $899-$949 CDN if BlackBerry wants to be aggressive.

That would equate to about a $679-$749 US (S6 Edge+ is $780 at TMO).

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 10-20-15 at 12:17 AM.
    10-20-15 12:04 AM
    Well the S6 Edge+, which has been out since Aug, is still $960 Canadian. It has a slightly larger screen, but no keyboard or SD card slot. It also has a smaller battery. Otherwise they are similar.

Given this, I would imagine the Priv at around $899-$949 CDN if BlackBerry wants to be aggressive. That would equate to about a $649-$749 US.

But since when does price matching equate to remaining competitive? Who was the one who thought of this? You're just putting your product in a bracket that makes it hard to obtain. If BlackBerry thinks this is how they remain "competitive" then they will get a rude awakening. With all the Chinese OEM's coming out with actual competitive pricing like the BLU Pure XL(review on flossy carter's youtube channel), $350 is impressive. $400 for the Moto X Play/pure, and other mid-to-high end devices with mid-to-low pricing. The market is shifting and will continue to shift for the next 18-36months and we will see significant changes, and some OEM's may not exist the purge(can anyone guess the reference? 5 pts.. lol).

But honestly, at this price I doubt Chen will continue with the hardware business because they wont be able to stay "profitable", and no wonder when they want to sell a BlackBerry for $950 CAD outright(rumoured, of course; but probably accurate).

I've used a BlackBerry since 2004, and that will be changing if the Priv by BlackBerry pricing is accurate then I will be forced to buy other devices with a budget price as I can't dish out $1000/yr for a new phone, just too much. With that pricing I might as well convert to an Apple iSheep and invest and buy in Apple products. I'd rather eat ****, lol.
    10-20-15 12:20 AM

But honestly, at this price I doubt Chen will continue with the hardware business because they wont be able to stay "profitable", and no wonder when they want to sell a BlackBerry for $950 CAD outright(rumoured, of course; but probably accurate).

I've used a BlackBerry since 2004, and that will be changing if the Priv by BlackBerry pricing is accurate then I will be forced to buy other devices with a budget price as I can't dish out $1000/yr for a new phone, just too much. With that pricing I might as well convert to an Apple iSheep and invest and buy in Apple products. I'd rather eat ****, lol.
    The iPhone 6s+ is between $1055 and $1195 CDN (for 16 and 64GB models, where the Priv fits in between with 32GB).

I agree that BlackBerry has to stay under that, but these things are expensive, high-end devices. Simple as that.

With the iPhone at say $1100, the Galaxy S6 edge+ at $960, the Priv has great value at $899-$949 imo.

Most people in Canada still buy on contract though.

10-20-15 12:29 AM
    But since when does price matching equate to remaining competitive? Who was the one who thought of this? You're just putting your product in a bracket that makes it hard to obtain. If BlackBerry thinks this is how they remain "competitive" then they will get a rude awakening. With all the Chinese OEM's coming out with actual competitive pricing like the BLU Pure XL(review on flossy carter's youtube channel), $350 is impressive. $400 for the Moto X Play/pure, and other mid-to-high end devices with mid-to-low pricing. The market is shifting and will continue to shift for the next 18-36months and we will see significant changes, and some OEM's may not exist the purge(can anyone guess the reference? 5 pts.. lol).

And the Asus Zenphone 2 for $199. If blackberry released the exact same phone with slider keyboard, better camera and 4gb ram for $499 I think that should work. Maybe this is a crappy phone? Not an Android expert and not interested in becoming one.

Haha I just imagined if Apple bought Blackberry you'd probably be all in. The new iphone blackberry, the best blackberry, yet. A lot of us would eat some of our words.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:30 AM
    And the Asus Zenphone 2 for $199. If blackberry released the exact same phone with slider keyboard, better camera and 4gb ram for $499 I think that should work. Maybe this is a crappy phone? Not an Android expert and not interested in becoming one.

Posted via CB10
    The Zenphone 2 is not in the same league as these other flagship devices.

Perhaps there is room for a lower cost, lower spec version of the Priv in the future, but for now, they would be crucified if they didn't put out the very best.

10-20-15 12:34 AM
    You just can't compare the price to iphone and s6 edge price. Blackberry has a non existent customer service and overall bad reputation. This is their third os in just 3 years. If I get an iphone I can at least be sure that the ecosystem and the os will be there for a while

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 02:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    You better change your mind. If too many think that way (what obviously isn't the case) your Q10 might be the last BlackBerry device you had.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 02:41 AM
    Priv price is correct, passport was 529.99 on the first day of release at cpw, Priv is a high end phone, most will be upgrading or taking out a contract so the up front cost will be subsidised anyway.

I'll order it shortly, just waiting too see if vodafone are getting it I will be keeping my passport as a backup and if I don't like it, it will be sent back within 30 days.

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    10-20-15 03:36 AM