My impression of the phone is that it really should be marketed to users who have left BlackBerry for Android, are familiar with the OS and now want back some of the pluses of BlackBerry, such as the keyboard. For those of us who are BB10 efficiency freaks, these are my thoughts and why you will want to hold off.
    1. The OS, which I have only played with in the past with a few Android tablets, is nowhere as efficient as BB10. It takes a bit extra to do most things but if you like super efficiency, it won't be there. For a user like me, the extra apps, the fact that Android apps run without being glitchy and cool features like "ok google" aren't enough to make up for this
    2. There are some key drawbacks. For example, I can't get attach files to email unless they are in my Google drive. If these can be fixed, I might reconsider the Priv but at present, I don't have time to figure out a fix (which doesn't appear to exist)
    3. Some cool things like Docs to Go, the nice alarm clock, calculator etc that come with BB10 all now need to be downloaded. Again, too much of a barrier for me
    4. Although this is strange, battery drain is huge on my device and it won't charge on my car charger, which charges my Passport fine. I ran out of juice mid afternoon!

Anyways, this is just my experience. I am returning my Priv. If you are a user like me, think hard before attempting the switch. BlackBerry does not need the negative press of a ton of returned devices.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-09-15 06:57 AM
    Priv is for Android users because is not a full, 100% BlackBerry experience (hard + OS).

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:01 AM
    How long did you use it for if you don't mind me asking?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:02 AM
    He is staying with BlackBerry! Well done! You gave the phone a test and it didn't do what you wanted. Fair enough.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-09-15 07:06 AM
    All weekend and I am a pretty good person about adapting to new technology. However, I use my Passport to run my work, juggle a music career for my daughter, schedule my 9 kids in their sundry activities and keep two startup initiatives on the go. My Passport is used almost constantly and makes me incredibly efficient. Any slowdown like the issues I mentioned compounds quickly and you can imagine what an issue this is for someone like me.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:08 AM
    All weekend and I am a pretty good person about adapting to new technology. However, I use my Passport to run my work, juggle a music career for my daughter, schedule my 9 kids in their sundry activities and keep two startup initiatives on the go. My Passport is used almost constantly and makes me incredibly efficient. Any slowdown like the issues I mentioned compounds quickly and you can imagine what an issue this is for someone like me.

Posted via CB10
    9 kids wow :O

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:09 AM
    The PRIV was never aimed at BB10os users. It was aimed at android users who might want something different with the BlackBerry name on it.

I really hope it does well in the Android arena but I am opting to stay with BB10os until the last shout.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    11-09-15 07:10 AM
    Funny to me some are complaining about downloading an app. Yet these same ones are more than willing to download all the work around necessary to try and get Google Apps on bb10 .

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-09-15 07:10 AM
    I deal with close to 300 messages in a day. I use my phone to record demos for music, edit grant proposals, conduct meetings using Evernote and all my kids play hockey and soccer. Again, I am not a typical user. I can't afford a two week down time to download apps that come with BB10 and to wait for fixes like file attachments. I am speaking primarily to those users. I doubt the super efficiency users will like the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:13 AM
    Most users use the phone for 1 day and they come and write they want to return the phone. They are returning it because they think the software or hardware is not good enough. Some of them are even worse, they check the phone and play with it for 10 minutes at the store and then they say it's a terrible phone. It's Android people, if you don't know what android is you better go to YouTube and check it out. Yes, Android is not as user friendly as iPhone or BB10 OS. We all know that and it takes time to get used to. BlackBerry made an excellent move by changing the virtual keyboard, calendar, contacts, added the HUB and apps shortcuts to make Android more user friendly. If you don't like it just return it, but don't blame the phone because it's not the problem.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-09-15 07:14 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1046723

I'm sorry op we have sticky thread for this just to make the forum tidy, please continue there thanks for understanding
    11-09-15 07:15 AM