Well Cody already knows but there are some good suggestions in the "make hub great again" thread even if I do not support the quote-thread-title as European user
    07-08-16 10:38 PM
    Can you do me a favor? Go into system settings -- accessibility -- under "services" heading are any services turned ON? If yes can you tell me which ones?
    The only service I have turned on is LastPass
    07-09-16 12:45 AM
    The only service I have turned on is LastPass
    Annnnnnd there's the problem accessibility services and Android system webview don't play well apparently. We've got some improvements coming but they're not bomb proof. There will still be some lag but significantly less. Working to see if we can push Google to fix properly.
    07-09-16 08:44 AM
    Hehe...well...that kind of depends on what it is you want to know? My usual rules of engagement are:

1) Ask away and if I can't answer I'll typically say it straight up.
    2) I can't / won't comment on any timelines.
    3) I won't comment on anything outside of areas I deal directly with - there's just too much I don't know in those areas to comment intelligibly. I don't want to be spreading false information here, so I stick to what I know best and manage first hand.
    4) Keep it as friendly as possible

As for SMS integration - it depends on what exactly you are looking for here. Building SMS functionality directly into the Hub isn't something we're looking to do. It's a very costly investment for us from a development and testing perspective, will run us into a lot of 'certification' issues with carriers (leading to slower updates ), and just isn't something generally that we're going to be able to bring a ton of "value" to beyond what the ecosystem already does. Believe it or not, SMS isn't a simple thing to build. There are tons of differences for each of the individual carriers, etc. and a ton of different features that people expect with it. It would take us quite some time to get there. So we've sought today to leverage the massive ecosystem that is available in Google Play. There are a ton of really great SMS apps in there already that integrate very well (assuming the app uses the platform SMS database properly). This way you can pick your favorite SMS app and still get integration of the content into Hub.

I'm most intrigued to know what specific pieces are missing from the integration today for SMS? Or things you'd like to see improved. Anything is always possible, but that would be a large investment for us and isn't in our short term plans.
    I am very intrigued by your post re the cost and the complexity of SMS app development!

Recently BlackBerry added an SMS Quick Reply feature currently deployed for all beta users. The feature is highly debated around the forum as it seems to have 'broken' the integration for some, specifically users that has a large SMS database or ones that uses Textra and Yatta.

This recent update and debate gave me another reason to repost about a feature I am longing and others seems to be in agreement, that is make Hub an SMS client which on top of creating a much more fluid 'in-line' reply experience (BB10 like) will also keep the integration intact while when integrating other apps there is always the risk of the integrated app developer making a change that breaks the integration.

Regarding the cost and the complexity of development, how is it that Textra, Yaata and many other SMS apps that are most definitely smaller companies than BlackBerry can afford building & maintaining these apps (most of which are actually free) despite the complexities you describe?

I am very interested in your opinion as I believe that native SMS is the one feature that will make Hub for Android a more complete solution.
    10-02-17 01:37 AM
29 12