4. BBM,
    5. Calendar,
    6. Tasks/Reminder,
    7. Launcher + Productivity Tab + Lock Screen
    8. Contacts
    9. exFat drivers/SD card drivers
    10. Camera + Screenshot feature

?

I have had PRIV for couple of weeks now and lot of feedback but if an update to these apps is due anytime soon, then I'd rather wait for the update, try it out for few days and then post my feedback + feature requests.

I think the last update was 2nd week of December, so it has been a month and if they are doing monthly release cycles, it could come anytime now. No point posting feedback that has probably already been posted before and possibly addressed in coming-update.

But if update to these apps is not due for another month or two, then I can start creating feedback threads for each of these apps and post my detailed list of feedback.
    01-16-16 12:59 AM
    Monthly security updates, not necessarily monthly updates for these. Still, there was a small update for the camera for a big fix recently. They seem too be updating then decently often. At least so far.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    01-16-16 03:16 AM
    Monthly security updates, not necessarily monthly updates for these. Still, there was a small update for the camera for a big fix recently. They seem too be updating then decently often. At least so far.

Yeah, I know about monthly security fixes. But internally they must have decided on an app-update cadence too? Once a month? Once in two months? Ad-hoc? I wonder what that is. Anything over 1 month is probably too long for app updates.

So, my guess is Hub and other apps are probably going to receive an update in the next 5-7 days. So, I will just wait for that and then see how many feature-requests/issues have been addressed already. And then post a list of remaining feature-requests/bug reports.
    01-16-16 02:08 PM
    I can pretty much guarantee there are a few thing they are working on with respect to hub. But to answer your question when? Well....when they are ready
    01-16-16 02:27 PM
    Yeah, I know about monthly security fixes. But internally they must have decided on an app-update cadence too? Once a month? Once in two months? Ad-hoc? I wonder what that is. Anything over 1 month is probably too long for app updates.

So, my guess is Hub and other apps are probably going to receive an update in the next 5-7 days. So, I will just wait for that and then see how many feature-requests/issues have been addressed already. And then post a list of remaining feature-requests/bug reports.
    Why not just post it anyway. Why wait? Sooner is always better with feedback.
    chrysaurora likes this.
    01-17-16 12:29 AM
    We did a camera update about a week ago for bugfix. There will be another one in a couple of weeks. In general, we are working to release new features every 6-8 weeks, depending on how big the features are. While we could technically do it a bit quicker for small features, the beta testing overhead means we would be spending a larger percentage of our time in test rather than development.
    01-17-16 04:02 AM
    Hi!

That's nice, but new versions not just all about new features. BlackBerry should provide fixes to key appliacations a lot quicker than this imho. A 6-8 weeks update cycle seems ages in the world of mobile applications.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-17-16 04:45 AM
    We did a camera update about a week ago for bugfix. There will be another one in a couple of weeks. In general, we are working to release new features every 6-8 weeks, depending on how big the features are. While we could technically do it a bit quicker for small features, the beta testing overhead means we would be spending a larger percentage of our time in test rather than development.

Thank you for these great infos!

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    Last edited by Panda_Bread_BB; 01-21-16 at 11:46 PM.
    01-17-16 04:50 AM
    I'm in no way criticizing the developement team, but 2 months wait per big feature seems like a long wait time. I get 3rd party updates for apps every couple weeks.

Suggestion is public beta? cut down the testing period perhaps?
    01-20-16 09:39 AM
    Is there any way that we can get in on the beta testing? More eyes would help with the bugs.
    01-20-16 10:28 AM
    Yes! A beta testing program!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-22-16 05:03 AM
    Almost like a... blackberry beta zone. Where we can go to help test... hmm..

Too bad blackberry is probably gonna shut it down.

01-22-16 10:34 AM