Hello everybody

I have an issue with the Hub on Android (Priv). I have two work accounts with the same e-mail unfortunately, one is on Google for Work services and one is an Exchange account. They are completely separate, but use the same e-mail/username.

The Hub prevents me from adding them both ... even though I can add them to the Android OS accounts, see them in Gmail, Calendar, Tasks... saying it is duplicate.

Is there any workaround or a solution?

Thank you!
    06-06-16 06:31 AM
    Sounds like it would be a duplicate...

Do both accounts serve up the same email?
    zocster likes this.
    06-06-16 03:07 PM
    It does seem odd that Google would allow the same email id, [email protected], for instance, can be used for two DIFFERENT accounts even if one is "Google for work" and the other is whatever!
    06-06-16 03:59 PM
    I'd be interested to know why you're using this kind of setup if you don't mind sharing.

And as far as two accounts, having duplicate email accounts in the same app can cause issues with syncing behavior. The same issue does not apply across different apps typically.
    06-06-16 07:56 PM
    It does seem odd that Google would allow the same email id, [email protected], for instance, can be used for two DIFFERENT accounts even if one is "Google for work" and the other is whatever!
    Well, I guess Google doesn't mind, since they are not the same type. I bet you couldn't have two Google accounts with the same email ID.

I'd be interested to know why you're using this kind of setup if you don't mind sharing.

And as far as two accounts, having duplicate email accounts in the same app can cause issues with syncing behavior. The same issue does not apply across different apps typically.
    So, both are my work accounts. The Google for Work was assigned to me years ago, and is my go-to service for mail, contacts and calendar. The Exchange account is an Office 365 based Exchange account we started at work using this year. Both use our domain and both have names [email protected] based.

Since I cannot receive mail on my Exchange account (same address) I use it for the tasks I get assigned or assign myself. The funny thing is, I can send mail, but replying to it sends it back to the Google for Work account. On a side note, the Tasks app is really, really basic. No coloring of tasks, assigning them, categorizing them, marking percentage done...

Right now I use the Exchange in Hub and sync my Google for Work with Gmail, but I really wish I could use only the Hub.
    06-06-16 11:31 PM
    Here's a justification for multiple accounts with the same email address. It's a bit arcane, but it's a real use case.

I have a private IMAP server at home that I use to collect all of my mail from my various mail accounts. I connect to it with all my laptops and phones.

I have things filtered into folders on the server (e.g. for mailing list traffic).

Back in the day with my BBOS7 device, I couldn't sync anything but the inbox of this server. So I created separate accounts for every folder. Four phones later, I still have it set up this way.

So for the inbox account, I have it set up as [email protected].

For a mailing list account, I have the email address set up as (for instance) [email protected]

This is an acceptable workaround, but of course the mailing list won't accept mail from [email protected], so whenever I use my phone to send mail to the list, I have to change the account to the main account.

As I said, it's a bit arcane, but if you think about it, it's actually blackberry's fault in the first place!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-13-16 07:55 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Well, I guess I'll have to live without it. For now, I'm using a Tasks&Notes app, which is far better than BB's own Tasks app. So in a way it is a win-win situation
    07-04-16 12:54 AM
    The only option I can think of is to have an alias on your 365 or gapps ...

Ensure g.apps is setup for split delivery too...
    07-04-16 01:10 AM