I'm beginning to handle all my notifications in the notification tray and I find it a nuisance I have another place I have to deal with them.

Take Twitter for example. I take action on those notifications immediately but I then have to deal with them again in the Hub.

This problem also existed in BB10. The notifications inside the app should be read by the Hub to.

I hope BlackBerry can think of a solution.
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-25-15 06:26 AM
    Several over at Android Central have uninstalled most of the BlackBerry Apps... and found performance and usability are better.

But I've never noticed any issues in BB10 with notifications from the HUB and within "compatible" apps not being cleared when read. HUB on BB10 is great! Maybe in "time" they'll be able to create more of that type of integration with Android....
    jm1219 likes this.
    11-25-15 07:32 AM
    I deleted Twitter and Facebook from the hub and use the notification tray for those instead. Just using the hub for email and texts and I'm liking that.
    11-25-15 09:42 AM
    "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THE HUB!!!...Oh, look, this application I never heard of before and never had access to before does exactly what I need, I don't need the Hub..."

This will be a common refrain around here for awhile.
    11-25-15 10:04 AM
    I deleted Twitter and Facebook from the hub and use the notification tray for those instead. Just using the hub for email and texts and I'm liking that.
    Problem is the texts are not even properly integrated in to the Hub to. The default is Messenger but I have changed mine to Hangouts. From the Hub you will always be taken out of it if you reply to a message.
    11-25-15 01:37 PM
    Disable them all and as updates get spewed out by BlackBerry, then maybe come back and take a look if it's useful.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:44 PM
    The Android version of the Hub is really only useful if you're dealing with multiple email accounts. It seems to work well enough for me for sms's too. It's pretty much useless for android notifications and most other 3rd party apps.The Android Hub works fine for me because 90% of my notifications come from two email accounts. I disabled FB and linked-in notifications as I get a second notification through email anyways.
    11-25-15 02:05 PM
    I use it for email only now, took texts out but unfortunately I still get the BlackBerry "star" notification of the Hub even though text is disabled.

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    11-25-15 02:32 PM
    I am finding the same issues. The Hub isn't getting the notifications as fast. Twitter was mentioned, I get them in Android notification and when I tap on it, I can read the page. If I decide to go into the app I can or go into notification and clear it. I feel all the issues are due to double actions. The Hub and Notifications, both doing the same thing, double action for a simple task. BB10 didn't have a central notification area, other than the Hub. Just a thought!
    11-25-15 02:42 PM
    This. I wish/hope it will be possible to choose between one or the other per app and not have them go to both. (But could if I so shops)

I do like clearing them from notifications and still having them yet to be dealt with in the Hub. Personally I find the notifications more "stressful" because in the Hub I can save things for later by snoozing or just leaving unread and filter for unread as a too list. (Really want my hub pinch to filter back).

To each his own though. I sure hope BlackBerry does not turf the Hub altogether just because the Vanilla Android lovers complain about it. I think it is well worth the effort to try to get to the BB10 Hub level asap.

I know a lot of people like to hunt for "the best" app for each and every specific task. But the majority of smartphone users stick with stock from the manufacturer. So why should they not also get best in class right out of the box? Plus I don't want some small-time developer having access to all my account information. How do I know that they will keep it safe and secure? I trust BlackBerry. Not so sure about some random app developers based in Russia

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-25-15 03:01 PM
    I am finding the same issues. The Hub isn't getting the notifications as fast. Twitter was mentioned, I get them in Android notification and when I tap on it, I can read the page. If I decide to go into the app I can or go into notification and clear it. I feel all the issues are due to double actions. The Hub and Notifications, both doing the same thing, double action for a simple task. BB10 didn't have a central notification area, other than the Hub. Just a thought!
    The first time I encountered central notifications was on ios 5 but I never used it as I always went in to the apps separately so then the tray was useless. But now there are hundreds of different applications the notification tray is kind of the main portal to go to. The Hub is amazing on BB10 but even then it wasn't perfect.
    11-25-15 03:04 PM
    The first time I encountered central notifications was on ios 5 but I never used it as I always went in to the apps separately so then the tray was useless. But now there are hundreds of different applications the notification tray is kind of the main portal to go to. The Hub is amazing on BB10 but even then it wasn't perfect.
    I agree with you! I think programmers at Blackberry are taking note and looking how to make it better. Lets face it one of the reasons people like Blackberry is productivity, yes security also. Take that away then this is just Android productivity with a Blackberry Logo.
    11-25-15 03:09 PM
    you also have to remember that BB can only do so much. BB10 was their OS from scratch and they can do whatever they want. With android they do have some things they can and cant do.

I do agree though that clearing the notifications from the hub should be something they need to have.
    gvs1341 and Theicecreamman like this.
    11-25-15 03:24 PM
    I agree with you! I think programmers at Blackberry are taking note and looking how to make it better. Lets face it one of the reasons people like Blackberry is productivity, yes security also. Take that away then this is just Android productivity with a Blackberry Logo.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm experimenting with different keyboards as well. BlackBerry has too give us opportunity to change things ourselves for example I'm using swipes with SwiftKey but I would like it added to BlackBerrys keyboard so it can be with the word suggestions and other BlackBerry productivity.
    11-25-15 03:26 PM
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm experimenting with different keyboards as well. BlackBerry has too give us opportunity to change things ourselves for example I'm using swipes with SwiftKey but I would like it added to BlackBerrys keyboard so it can be with the word suggestions and other BlackBerry productivity.
    I tell you one thing I miss, multiple languages when typing. I had English, Italian and French. I never had to worry about switching it did automatically, even in the same sentence. On the android I have to switch it manually.
    jope28 likes this.
    11-25-15 10:50 PM
    Ok I must be missing something. How did you delete Facebook and Twitter from the hub? As soon as I installed them they were integrated in. I can't figure out how to get them out.
    11-25-15 11:18 PM
    I smile whenever I see "performance and battery life improves when the BlackBerry apps are removed." Kind of like saying, "If I drop this 50-pound box of paper I can run faster, and don't tire as quickly."

What is likely more accurate is that this behaviour is inherent to how a monolithic OS type such as Android operates. The BB10 version of the Hub is an integral part of the OS, has been optimized essentially to a HAL level of performance (think DirectX for GPUs), and will make more efficient use of system resources. As Android does not have this functionality built into it as BlackBerry has designed, it is essentially emulated.

Similar to how the Windows code base is/was excessively bloated simply because of its intended platform use and markets.

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    11-25-15 11:20 PM
    I tell you one thing I miss, multiple languages when typing. I had English, Italian and French. I never had to worry about switching it did automatically, even in the same sentence. On the android I have to switch it manually.
    According to BlackBerry this is in their road map.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-25-15 11:28 PM
    I have multiple email accounts from different providers for work, so the hub is by far the best email solution I have seen on Android. Email has always been my issue with android, so while I think the hub needs to improve, I am still pretty happy with it.
    eggbertx3 likes this.
    11-25-15 11:50 PM
    I'm beginning to handle all my notifications in the notification tray and I find it a nuisance I have another place I have to deal with them.

Take Twitter for example. I take action on those notifications immediately but I then have to deal with them again in the Hub.

This problem also existed in BB10. The notifications inside the app should be read by the Hub to.

I hope BlackBerry can think of a solution.
    Hope you get to the bottom of this. I'm sure it will be fixed after a couple of updates
    11-26-15 07:52 AM
    I'm one of the many Members on the fence reading comments to decide if the Priv is a worthy successor to my Passport/Classic.

If you disable the Hub, change the Keyboard and use the Priv like any other Android, why not get any other premium device like Note 5 or Sony Xperia etc?

Why even consider the Priv - is the attraction just the slide out mini keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-26-15 08:29 AM
    I'm one of the many Members on the fence reading comments to decide if the Priv is a worthy successor to my Passport/Classic.

If you disable the Hub, change the Keyboard and use the Priv like any other Android, why not get any other premium device like Note 5 or Sony Xperia etc?

Why even consider the Priv - is the attraction just the slide out mini keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    If people are deleting Blackberry services on the device then yes, the ONLY reason would be the keyboard and I guess Dtek, which is a little hobbled right now until the Priv gets Marshmallow.

You can get a better camera, faster performance, newer software, etc from other high end devices. If just choosing Android alone and a pkb and Dtek don't matter to you then I don't know why anyone would choose the Priv over the Nexus 6P, other than the fact that they like seeing the Blackberry logo on their phone.
    JeepBB and MrVeda like this.
    11-26-15 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Re: your keyboard question, I would think so, yes.
    MrVeda likes this.
    11-26-15 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Buy another Android, you'll be much more pleased (and your wallet too). Priv won't be a worthwhile device until its 2nd generation.
    methodinsane and MrVeda like this.
    11-26-15 09:59 AM
    If people are deleting Blackberry services on the device then yes, the ONLY reason would be the keyboard and I guess Dtek, which is a little hobbled right now until the Priv gets Marshmallow.

You can get a better camera, faster performance, newer software, etc from other high end devices. If just choosing Android alone and a pkb and Dtek don't matter to you then I don't know why anyone would choose the Priv over the Nexus 6P, other than the fact that they like seeing the Blackberry logo on their phone.
    Thx, that's what I thought but couldn't understand why anyone would buy the Priv to then disable the 'good stuff'.

I personally am not attracted to pure Android as trying to move from texts to emails to other Apps is not easy compared to what we take for granted on BB10.

I thought the Priv was to help us be even more productive but I guess it's all about the App Gap so why don't all the members disabling BlackBerry services just get a premium Android for less money?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 11:13 AM
38 12