I just recieved my a brandnew replacement PRIV some days ago after 8weeks "repair" at BB. Now i'm reconfiguring it and haven't finished all but have 1 gmail adress (15 mails) in hub and a SIM card inserted (with no txtmessages but 2 calls in the protocol).

If i open the search field in the hub (by pressing the magnifying glass or pressing pkb "s") it opens shortly a the search filed and closes it right away.

This does happen no matter which list filtering option i choose (BB Hub, txt, call, gmail).

Hub version installed = newest in playstore 1.1.2.9470 (26.1.2016)
    Android sec updatelevel april 2nd

Anyone else, or a way to get around?
    04-25-16 03:00 AM
    Mine works fine, I'd try a factory wipe before you could too configured and see if it fixes it
    04-25-16 03:38 AM
    I'd first try one of the restart methods.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    04-25-16 08:57 AM
    I just recieved my a brandnew replacement PRIV some days ago after 8weeks "repair" at BB. Now i'm reconfiguring it and haven't finished all but have 1 gmail adress (15 mails) in hub and a SIM card inserted (with no txtmessages but 2 calls in the protocol).

If i open the search field in the hub (by pressing the magnifying glass or pressing pkb "s") it opens shortly a the search filed and closes it right away.

This does happen no matter which list filtering option i choose (BB Hub, txt, call, gmail).

Hub version installed = newest in playstore 1.1.2.9470 (26.1.2016)
    Android sec updatelevel april 2nd

Anyone else, or a way to get around?
    Haven't heard this one before! Congrats, you're number 1!

...sorry, couldn't help myself Try grabbing the updated version of both BlackBerry services and Hub and see if it goes away. If not we can grab logs.
    04-26-16 09:20 PM
    OK so after update and restart (still on L) everything works again as it should.

At least now a thread is there if it happens again
    04-26-16 10:46 PM
    Awesome! Definitely let me know if it happens again!
    04-27-16 07:24 AM
    Happend again and now i could even crash the hub by very fastly select a filter and tap ATTACHEMENT or MARKED

Bug report is send way to much info for my taste so here are some Screenshots that could help:

Hub search-field closes directly after opening-uploadfromtaptalk1461998522044.jpgHub search-field closes directly after opening-uploadfromtaptalk1461998535657.jpgHub search-field closes directly after opening-uploadfromtaptalk1461998545371.jpgHub search-field closes directly after opening-uploadfromtaptalk1461998554114.jpgHub search-field closes directly after opening-uploadfromtaptalk1461998561727.jpg

There are 2 problems now:
    1. search "suchen" field closes 1-2sek after opening (no app crash)
    2. if I'm fast enough and select a filter in search the app crashes
    04-30-16 01:44 AM
    if you give me your/an @blackberry.com mail i can provide more Screenshots or textlog parts if you guide me where to grab (i can cut them down to the need info)
    04-30-16 01:49 AM
    PM me please and we can discuss how to go forward here.
    04-30-16 10:28 AM
    So it happens now again under MM. Can also again reproduce both errors:

* instant closing of search field after opening
    * crash of hub app when filtering in search for attachment (or any other option there)

Details above in whole thread.
    05-16-16 06:54 AM
    Have found the 'solution', i have the app "Fake GPS Free" in background for paranoia reasons and as soon as i close this app completely or at least do not let it fake the GPS data, the hub works as it should even without hub restart.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.fakegps.fre

This now leads to the question why is the hub calling GPS data on accessing the search function or why else is this app interfering with the hub (developer functions enabled).
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-16 06:45 PM
    Have found the 'solution', i have the app "Fake GPS Free" in background for paranoia reasons and as soon as i close this app completely or at least do not let it fake the GPS data, the hub works as it should even without hub restart.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.fakegps.fre

This now leads to the question why is the hub calling GPS data on accessing the search function or why else is this app interfering with the hub (developer functions enabled).
    Good question. I'll have a look. I downloaded a few and only this one seems to cause the issue. Grabbed some logs and will look tomorrow. Note that Hub does location for things like Snooze.
    Last edited by c_bryant34; 05-16-16 at 09:37 PM.
    gizmo21 and FF22 like this.
    05-16-16 09:14 PM
    Just for info: there was an update to Fake GPS Free mentioning Android MM fixes but sadly even after device restart it still isn't fixed.
    07-14-16 06:25 AM
    Just wanted to post another stacktrace so perhaps this small isolated issue can be fixed. Main problem still is an impossible hub search when FakeGPS free app is active in background. When the search bar collapses and an I'm fast enough to get to mark an additional filter it crashes this way:

Hub search-field closes directly after opening-1489535636736.jpgHub search-field closes directly after opening-1489535643491.jpg

C_bryant34 already acknowledged the error caused by FreeGPS free but could not work it out - perhaps LiamQ?
    03-14-17 06:55 PM