Hello,

Three things happened simultaneously: my work account stopped syncing (ActiveSync Exchange), swipe gestures stopped working (also menu items like Delete are gone), and text messages display an error when tapped (no activity found to handle intent).

UPDATE: I thought only my work account was affected. I have now discovered that all email accounts can SEND but none can RECEIVE.

I use Textra and upgraded to the paid version. Textra is working fine on its own, just can't open texts from Hub now.

I removed the work account and re-added it. Now I have zero work messages on my work phone. Laptop is accessing messages, so it's not a problem with the server.

I cleared cache and data several times for Hub under Settings > Apps. I also removed all Hub updates via Google Play - no luck - reapplied updates - also no luck.

Also tried rebooting to safe mode. Nothing has helped.

I've run out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by MPG Vancouver; 03-12-16 at 12:23 PM.
    03-12-16 11:31 AM
    Hello,

Three things happened simultaneously: my work account stopped syncing (ActiveSync Exchange), swipe gestures stopped working (also menu items like Delete are gone), and text messages display an error when tapped (no activity found to handle intent).

UPDATE: I thought only my work account was affected. I have now discovered that all email accounts can SEND but none can RECEIVE.

I use Textra and upgraded to the paid version. Textra is working fine on its own, just can't open texts from Hub now.

I removed the work account and re-added it. Now I have zero work messages on my work phone. Laptop is accessing messages, so it's not a problem with the server.

I cleared cache and data several times for Hub under Settings > Apps. I also removed all Hub updates via Google Play - no luck - reapplied updates - also no luck.

Also tried rebooting to safe mode. Nothing has helped.

I've run out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Probably not one you want to hear. What type of account are you using? You may want to add the updates back if you haven't and change your synch setting to 5 min. If none of the above work and you done a reinstall on the Hub, you may need to do a factory rest. I had to do it a while back and it seems fine now. Remember to back it up first if you do. You could also try contacting BlackBerry support. Good luck!

Enjoying the Priv
    03-12-16 01:00 PM
    Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067

help@blackberry.com They will give you feedback and support as I did.

Welcome - United States
    03-12-16 02:39 PM
    Went with the Factory reset. Inconvenient but did the trick. Thanks.

03-12-16 11:13 PM

Just curious how you do a Factory Reset? Is there something in the Settings Menu?
    03-13-16 12:04 AM
    Just curious how you do a Factory Reset? Is there something in the Settings Menu?
    Settings > Backup & Reset
    FF22 likes this.
    03-13-16 12:26 AM
    A suggestion that was going around CB a few months ago was to turn off sync. Upgrades to the hub now need syncing of some duration according to our contributors from BlackBerry. That may be the issue.

Brulging_Jersey likes this.
    03-13-16 01:37 AM
    You've had complete Hub meltdown. This has nothing to do with sync intervals. The only solution is a factory reset.

Honestly, the Hub is among the buggiest software I've ever seen. It lags. Attachments hang. SMS simply stops working. MMS is often essentially non functional. It opens countless instances of Messenger. It's a complete mess. My Hub completely breaks down every 6-8 weeks. Complete failure.

The only solution is the one the OP discovered: complete factory reset.

I've never known a phone to require factory reset as often as the Priv.

03-13-16 06:36 AM

Glad it worked.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-13-16 07:47 AM