There is a lot to love about the little things blackberry added to the Android experience. However, I am completely shocked that they created a cool feature only to exclude it from there own app!!!!! I love the hub, and it would be awesome if I can check it quickly with a pop up widget. Where is the blackberry guy who checks out those forms? I would like to request this feature to be added to the hub.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-13-16 02:59 PM
    There is a lot to love about the little things blackberry added to the Android experience. However, I am completely shocked that they created a cool feature only to exclude it from there own app!!!!! I love the hub, and it would be awesome if I can check it quickly with a pop up widget. Where is the blackberry guy who checks out those forms? I would like to request this feature to be added to the hub.

Have you tried assigning it to the swipe buttons? I have mine there and it's great.

Enjoying the Priv
    03-13-16 03:10 PM
    Have you tried assigning it to the swipe buttons? I have mine there and it's great.

Enjoying the Priv
    I still think it's better to have a widget for the hub. Just my personal preference.

03-13-16 03:48 PM
    A hub widget would be great. I like to see one that can be sized full screen so I can swipe in and out of it

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    03-13-16 04:38 PM
    A hub widget would be great. I like to see one that can be sized full screen so I can swipe in and out of it

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    I never even thought about that. Bottom line, the hub needs a widget.

03-13-16 05:01 PM
    The productivity tab provides that's function, doesn't it?

03-13-16 06:13 PM
    The productivity tab provides that's function, doesn't it?

Not the same. It doesn't recognize anything but emails

Last edited by fadi.alsaidi; 03-13-16 at 06:53 PM.
    03-13-16 06:37 PM
    It's something we would like to do and is on the roadmap, but can't comment on timing.
    03-13-16 09:33 PM
    It's something we would like to do and is on the roadmap, but can't comment on timing.
    Confirmed for M launch! M launch confirmed for August!

Lolz, jk. Cool to hear something is being done with it.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-13-16 09:43 PM
    Thank you so much
    Just to be clear, are we talking about the hub widget or the productivity tab? Please say the widget.

03-13-16 09:45 PM
    The hub needs to Handel text in and of itself like bb10 I hate having to use another text app.

Recent apps needs to be a "home screen" as does the hub...then I would be a lot more satisfied with android.

03-13-16 10:13 PM
    The hub needs to Handel text in and of itself like bb10 I hate having to use another text app.

Recent apps needs to be a "home screen" as does the hub...then I would be a lot more satisfied with android.

But you see, those are android conventions. You can't just change them. That's how the OS works.

03-13-16 11:19 PM
    But you see, those are android conventions. You can't just change them. That's how the OS works.

Why not? The hub can be a text app in addition to it being a messaging hub. The recent app as a home screen might be a stretch for android, but it was done before by Jolla. Such customizations might be hard to implement every time android evolves. I still think a hub widget is a simple fix, or at least I hope so.

03-13-16 11:26 PM
    Why not? The hub can be a text app in addition to it being a messaging hub. The recent app as a home screen might be a stretch for android, but it was done before by Jolla. Such customizations might be hard to implement every time android evolves. I still think a hub widget is a simple fix, or at least I hope so.

Yes to the hub text thing. Although I think a lot of people will still download third party sms apps.

But the recent apps thing was done by MeeGo first (I miss my N9) and I think WebOs may have had it first, or around the same time.

Hey blackberry, why didn't you just license sailfish? It can run droid apps too.

I can't wait a sailfish phone to run on my network. Sure hope that Turing phone does it.

03-14-16 12:29 AM
    Yes to the hub text thing. Although I think a lot of people will still download third party sms apps.

But the recent apps thing was done by MeeGo first (I miss my N9) and I think WebOs may have had it first, or around the same time.

Hey blackberry, why didn't you just license sailfish? It can run droid apps too.

I can't wait a sailfish phone to run on my network. Sure hope that Turing phone does it.

I sure hope so for your sake. Earlier I meant Jolla made an android launcher with the home screen being the recent apps. Anyway, I'm glad blackberry is not just going with stock Android only.

03-14-16 07:38 AM