I am curious to know if the hub is within the launcher app, and if It can be used on any android device?

Does anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:32 PM
    have to wait and see
    10-26-15 07:37 PM
    It's not available for other Android devices yet. You can only install these on a Priv.

Eventually the Launcher and/or Hub and/or (virtual) Keyboard may be available, but we don't know if they'll be free or paid. BB has made reference to a "Productivity Suite" so some of these might end up being bundled together for other non-Priv devices.
    10-26-15 07:38 PM
    It's not available for other Android devices yet. You can only install these on a Priv.

Eventually the Launcher and/or Hub and/or (virtual) Keyboard may be available, but we don't know if they'll be free or paid. BB has made reference to a "Productivity Suite" so some of these might end up being bundled together for other non-Priv devices.
    I am thinking definitely paid if they go that route.

Someone else's comment on explaining these restricted apps only for Priv as a faster way to render updates made a lot of sense, so for now that's probably why BlackBerry did it.

Also in case someone removes them and later wants them back I guess

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:40 PM
    From what I see from you crackberrians, the hub is a messaging aggregator right?

It collects all your messages across different apps in one place? Allows for calendar and a few other tricks too?

I seriously doubt it would be part of the launcher. It's likely a stand alone app like what we're seeing with the other parts of Priv.

Not all Android devices will have access to the BBM stuff. They have coded it to Priv in the Play store.

I'm hoping to sideload some of the stuff when the apk is available & see what happens though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-15 07:47 PM
    ..... BB has made reference to a "Productivity Suite" so some of these might end up being bundled together for other non-Priv devices.
    Has anyone heard anything more about the Productivity Suite since BlackBerry first announced it way back in March?
    10-26-15 08:14 PM
    Has anyone heard anything more about the Productivity Suite since BlackBerry first announced it way back in March?
    Not really. I imagine they focused on first getting those suite apps to work on Priv, and after Priv hits market and has those exclusive rights as a bargaining chip for consumers, then they will configure them for mass market via play store.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 11:38 PM
    Not really. I imagine they focused on first getting those suite apps to work on Priv, and after Priv hits market and has those exclusive rights as a bargaining chip for consumers, then they will configure them for mass market via play store.

Posted via CB10
    BBRY had better measure its strategy carefully. It's a different ball game on Android; abundant choice allows people to be very persnickety.
    10-26-15 11:49 PM
    BBRY had better measure its strategy carefully. It's a different ball game on Android; abundant choice allows people to be very persnickety.
    BkackBerry is concentrating on selling software and security services including BES to business and enterprise customers rather than apps to the consumer market.
    10-26-15 11:59 PM
    BkackBerry is concentrating on selling software and security services including BES to business and enterprise customers rather than apps to the consumer market.
    Yep, which is why folks should probably stop hoping that these consumer-facing apps will be Priv-exclusive.
    10-27-15 12:07 AM